Solo: A Star Wars Story discussion topic

I agree with this.

2 Likes

Probably just because there are many more brunettes and black-haired women than blondes. Your chances of casting a lead with those hair colors is inevitably greater.

1 Like

I like Emilia Clarke a lot. But I wish it was Tessa Thompson as it was rumored early last year.

I want to see pao again, also in the starwars universe blondes might be uncommon, a rare mix of genes, like green eyes.

1 Like

Hehe, gotta make room for Leia somehow.

Pao… You think we’ll see Pao again… @Kalmah_Ren, I know you know that I love Pao as much as you do, but the fact that you are trying to give us hope is only making to sting worse…

Ansel Elgort should’ve been Han Solo. I just rewatched baby driver, and I couldn’t get out of my head how much he looks like a young Harrison Ford.

1 Like

Look at this last name!

Vos? Like Quinlan Vos?

2 Likes

Yup. Ventress and Vos May have had a forbidden marriage like Skywalker and Amidála? :wink: I’m pretty sure I put the accent on the wrong a.

Does Amidala have an accent?

Anyways, (spoilers for Dark Disciple, if anybody’s actually worried about that) Ventress died at the end of that book, making it unlikely that she had a child with Vos. Perhaps it’s a niece/nephew, maybe a sibling?

I mean, how long had they had their relationship before Ventress died? I haven’t read the book, but I know she dies. Long enough to get married?

They really should’ve cast Anthony Ingruber for the lead role. He’s a dead-on young Harrison Ford, and I’m a little surprised he hasn’t turned up on the radar at all in discussions about this movie.

2 Likes

Wow, he really does…

Alden looks enough like him to be satisfied but I’m not sure if the voice/mannerisms are going to cut it…

1 Like

Noooo. The book doesn’t give concrete dates, but it seems like it took place over the period of just a couple of months, and they’re actually separated more often than they are together .

While I agree that Ingruber is uncannily similar to Ford, I think people are generally overlooking Disney’s intent here. Looking for an actor that resembles Harrison Ford to the letter would basically be playing to nostalgia, and it’s almost like trying to replace him. That was one of the arguments people had against the CGI Tarkin in Rogue One. Sometimes it’s better to let a new actor try the role, rather than hiring someone to give a performance that copies the old actor in appearance and voice.

1 Like

Though of course the logical argument to that would be canonical inconsistency. It’s one thing to let someone have their personal take on Batman, or some other character with different iterations. But in the case of Han Solo, it’s not a reboot. They’re gonna have to match Ford as well as possible so people aren’t sitting there wondering why he doesn’t look or sound anything alike the Solo they’ve known for decades.

1 Like

Suspension of disbelief is a powerful tool. Of course, Disney wasn’t going to go out of their way to find someone who doesn’t resemble Ford at all. But they have a duty to choose the actor they think is best, regardless of how similar he looks to Harrison Ford.

Besides, Alden Ehrenreich looks enough like Han Solo that I dint think many people will complain, unless they are really hardcore fans. Similarity of voice is less important…

1 Like

You are one hundred and fifty percent right about this.

1 Like

Well someone finally did it:

5 Likes