Solo: A Star Wars Story discussion topic

Seems to be pretty good!

I prefer this version…

5 Likes
7 Likes

This trailer officially sold me on the film. I’m going to reserve judgement on whether or not I believe young Han is actually Han Solo, but overall it’s certainly gotten the correct feel down. Glad I never said “If this film comes out in May, I’ll eat my sock”, because we’re a little over a month away at this point.

2 Likes

Ignoring all this stuff about tlj and Disney pandering to sjws this movie looks awesome; I’m definitely seeing it in theaters.

2 Likes

Wow! That trailer looks great! Possibly one of those shock whips from Clone Wars and Rebels revealed, and I still love that robot.

I watched this trailer in the car, and my mom brought up something interesting: She said AE sounded a lot like Ford when she was hearing it. That would explain the actor choice a bit.

I still dunno how to feel about Alden; in some of the scenes I swear he nails it, but in others I don’t feel it as much. Definitely feeling a lot better about the movie as a whole, however.

2 Likes

Is it possible that this movie could be good?

Nah.

I won’t say I’m sold, but I’m a lot closer than I was before. What really struck me is that this is the first hint I’ve gotten at a premise. Before watching this trailer, all I knew was that it was about Han Solo, and nothing I knew about the character warranted this kind of story. Now, the trailer has multiple mentions of a “job”. Let me tell you, I’m a sucker for heist/underworld mission stories, and if that’s what we’re getting, I’m all in.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sold on it at first, and the first trailer didn’t do much for me, but this one makes me much more optimistic. I think it’ll be good.

This trailer has honestly pretty much sold me. I can’t say it looks stellar but I do like the visual style thus far, there are some decent lines, and I actually think Alden could be pretty decent. that cliff hanger though, I wonder if he makes it.

this movie has completely 180’d for me purely because of the chance that it canonizes Malla

2 Likes

But what would become of Maz Kanata?

Just found something new about the Millennium Falcon on Lego.com, not sure how canon this is:

Features a 2-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, 2 spring-loaded shooters, sensor dish, ramp, rotating top and bottom laser turrets with 2 minifigure gunner seats, detachable escape craft and opening hull plates for easy access to the detailed interior.

So, with images to support, it appears the middle part of the Falcon is an escape pod of some sort, though I’m not sure whether this is simply a made-up play function or not.

Don’t forget Itchy and Lumpy!

4 Likes

Theory! Chewie and Han die

: P

I’ve heard an actual theory that Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke’s character) is actually the villain, Enfys Nest (who is both female and, as of yet, does not have a named actress playing her).

3 Likes

Does anyone else theorize that Dryden Vos is actually a hiding Quilan Vos, due to the last name and the fact that he wears Jedi robes? It can’t be just me…

I haven’t seen enough about this movie to make theories. :stuck_out_tongue:

interesting. Not familiar with Quinlan Vos. I never got into EU which is part of why I’m ablw to enjoy Disney SA

Quinlan Vos appears in the Clone Wars, which is canon. I’m not sure if he came in Legends first, I am not well versed in it myself. However, as of this morning I have watched all Clone Wars and Rebels episodes, so yeah.

Here’s an image. He’s basically a Jedi who turns Sith. He doesn’t look like Paul Betanny, but Saw Gerarra never looked like Forest Whitaker…

1 Like