Something Spooky (RP Topic)

“Great, now there’s a half-dead person here with me too. What a day!” James waves his hand over the face vaguely, still keeping distance to be safe, “Anybody home?”

One eye slowly slides open, uncovering a blank, unseeing eye. Now both arms are twitching, shoulders and fingers moving sporadically.

James recoils his hand.

“No… no fing way. You’re not real, you can’t be real, we made you up. YOU’RE NOT FING REAL!” He stumbled backwards as he backed away, landing on his back. He still frantically crawls backwards, mind reeling. “OHSOHSOHSOHS!!”

IC: David lowers the camera, staring placidly out at the field.

A surge of unpleasant cold fills his gut momentarily, before he forces it down, turning to look at Lauren. “So there’s a clown with murderous intent? Why don’t we just go back then…”

He looks the way they came, and remembers unpleasantly he does not know the way back.

“…I mean…its one guy. Unless he’s Pennywise we should be able to dogpile him when he comes back…in which case yeah we’re possibly very screwed…”

David coughs. “Though we don’t seem to be doing very well either way…”

Chances are that everyone can hear James screaming about something that isn’t real.

Also @LTVmocs stuff’s happening, you can contribute if you wish XP

The zombie continues to twitch, the movement spreading around its body. The chest heaves, a whistling moan floating from its throat.

Lauren sits down where she had been standing, putting her hands over her face.

James scrambles to his feet and tears off back towards the group, his pathway still beaten into the corn.

“THERE’S A F***ING ZOMBIE! A REAL ZOMBIE!” He screamed, pointing behind him.

The moaning fades behind him. Turns out when you have decayed muscles it’s a bit hard to get up.

ooc: Bow chicka-

ic: “WE’RE SO DEAD! WE’RE SO DEAD! THERE’S PROBABLY MORE! WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA!?!”

“a what?”

“DIDN’T YOU HEAR ME!? THERE’S A F***ING ZOMBIE!!”

“… yuwotm8”

Ideruba “Oooooooo. I’m excited”

“A ZOMBIE! YOU KNOW, DEAD PERSON BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE!? WANTS TO EAT US?! THERE’S ONE BEHIND US RIGHT NOW AND WE NEED TO MOVE BEFORE IT CATCHES UP!”

IC: David stares at James, and then looks where he came from.
He holds up the camera, and seems to pause a moment.

He turns on the zoom function and looks thru it, trying to see if he can see any sign of it. If there IS something, then video evidence of whatever-it-is cannot hurt them.

“Everyone remain calm and be ready to move on sight of any supernormal phenomena. Does anyone remember the way out? Lauren? Anyone?”

“YOU’RE TAKING PICTURES AT A TIME LIKE THIS!? WELL SCREW ALL OF YOU, I’M GETTING THE HELL OUT OF HERE!” James runs off again, in the opposite direction from his previous run.

IC: “If you split up you’ll die-oh come on…”

David tries to move the camera a step closer to the field, and then looks back to see where James went.

“What if there are more, huh!? What if you are running into a horde of-actually never mind.”

Probably was not a good plan to raise that idea anyway.

“A HOARD!? AHHHHHHH!” James runs back.

“WELL WE BETTER F***ING RUN SOMEWHERE!!”

He sees no evidence of anything, though Jacob’s trail is easy to see. Poor corn.

“Will you shut up!” Lauren snaps from beneath her hands.

“I, I might. There haven’t been too many turns, right? We can make it out.” She seems to be questioning the fact as she says it, turning it over and examining it in her mind.

IC: David thinks about how they could have found the way out had he been allowed to record his footage undisturbed, but says nothing. Better not to antagonize everyone yet.