Sonic the hedgehog (film) - 2019

Nay comrade! I stand with thee!

Seriously though, I’m confused about how in the world he fits in the movie. Either A) flashback, or B) time travel shenanigans.

And yes those tribal looking fellows in the back are interesting.

1 Like

On the far right of the image you can see some Kunai, a weapon Espio is known to use.

2 Likes

facedesks violently

uh, yes? what’s this about a baby sonic? :stuck_out_tongue:

The cuteness is here, but there’s a trailer showcasing baby Sonic.

But more hedgehogs too? I… eh, I’m not down with it but I’ll watch this crash and burn.

1 Like

Recently watched a video on this, entirely possible they might be echidnas.

Interesting.

1 Like

Oh, please, let it be Espio

oh please let it blaze

Yeah… i doubt that’s happening, as they resemble echidna’s more, (at least to me) and Knuckles is a somewhat more prominent character.

1 Like

When Espio was first introduced he was part of the Chaotix a team Knuckles originally lead, until their reintroduction in Sonic Heroes.

Unfortunately, those names mean little to nothing to me, as most of the games I’ve played have all been handheld (sonic rush, rush adventure, etc.), not console.

Big oof.

Sonic Rush is good, though.

But I still highly doubt Espio of all characters is gonna be in the film. Keep in mind the fact that this is still a Hollywood adaptation made to cash in on the brand and not a film with a deep knowledge of the source material. It’s also aiming to draw in new fans to the Sonic franchise.

General audiences don’t have any kind of inkling who Espio is. I bet most general audiences don’t even really care about Tails. They know Sonic, they know Eggman, and they know FAST.

That does include the classic collection, which has games 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles, but yeah, my experience with the franchise is relatively limited. Sonic Rush was actually my first second/first-party game actually.

Bingo. If we were to get any other characters at all, Tails, Knuckles, and Maayyyybbeee Amy would be it.

1 Like

oh boy, if they are but don’t show up later when Sonic is older, those who has played Sonic Adventure will know what might have happened to them then:

3 Likes

I can only see it as either going the way of dumbed down because ofcourse, or they do the Sonic UK treatment, but I rarely hear anyone know about Sonic The Comic stuff so…

I doubt they would have any version of Fleetway in this, so I don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think anything from over there would be in a movie

Don’t dash my hopes of seeing Perfect Chaos crash out of a building again in amazing CG

1 Like

i just find it funny to imagine this incredibly dark moment having happened which the movie doesn’t go into details about.

basically: “The Echidnas one day didn’t show up anymore… wonder what happened to them… (cut to the Echidna civilization being destroyed by a furious water god) Nah, probably not important.”

2 Likes

Wait, they could just capitalize on Movie Chao in a sequel or something

2 Likes