Sonic the hedgehog (film) - 2019

Huh. Then its a case of region. Here it gets released on the 21st.

Hardly uncommon :stuck_out_tongue:

well all I want to know. is it good?

yes, it was great i enjoyed it

4 Likes

Holy snap, I’m genuinely surprised by how much I loved this movie.

I mean, I loved Venom, but I recognize that it’s a bad movie. It was just majorly fun to watch.

But man, Sonic is legitimately good. The trailers essentially show the worst parts of the film, or some of the best without any of the context that makes it good. I’m not even a Sonic fan, but I found myself cheering at every reference.

The main thing I didn’t like were the two blatant advertising bits that I would have let slide if it didn’t feel like The Truman Show (ha, another movie I love with Jim Carrey in it). They were funny, though, but mostly in a bad way.

Sonic isn’t as annoying as I feared he would be, and OH MY ECHIDNA, how much worse the movie would have been to watch if they had kept the OG design. Honestly, the movie would have been still good, but there’d just be that one design that ruins the entire thing. I never realized how awful it was until I saw the film and how great he ended up looking. Sony actually listens, and that made this film so much better.

Jim Carrey is perfect. He’s indescribably entertaining and has a joke that kept me laughing for about three minutes straight, and still won’t cease. Not much else to say. Besides Classic Eggman hype!

Walking into this movie, I wanted three things: [spoiler]

1. For someone somewhere to play the Green Hills Zone song. I love that the name of the town was Green Hills, and the piano tune at the end of the movie is lovable. It’s one of two songs I know from Sonic, the other being…

2. The Sonic X theme. Okay, I would have been okay with any reference to Sonic X, but the theme is pretty iconic and when the little girl Jojo runs in circles singing it, my joy spiked.

3. TAILS.[/spoiler]

And guess what? I got all three.

3 Likes

Just saw the movie today; now all we need is one more good video game movie and we have the holy trinity of VG movies to compare all future releases to.

8 Likes

how about a Mario remake?

1 Like

Last I heard universal/illumination has an animated Mario movie in the works.

really?

Yeah. Not the best studio choice imo

2 Likes

I find it odd how Nintendo decided to partner up with Illumination when they could have very easily done so with Disney… especially since some of their characters have already appeared in Wreck-it-Ralph.

1 Like

I don’t know that disney would do a movie of a property they don’t own cinematic rights to.

I personally would want to see some more diversity. It’s not like I joined the Disney hate train, but I just want to see movies from other companies too.

1 Like

Agreed, but the problem is most of the other companies making family movies aren’t really thinking about members of the family older that eight. I hope we get companies making more movies like spiderverse. It was a great example of a whole family movie (except maybe 4 and under depending on parents)

3 Likes

Wait; ilumination is making mario? For the love of all that is decent and holy god no! No no no! We don’t need possible KO minions when the originals are already just as bad and annoying.

3 Likes

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve heard

No, what you’ve heard is correct:

2 Likes

2022?
After it got announced in 2018?
Why do they need 4 years for it?

2 Likes

Might not have started on it even now

They’ve probably got multiple other projects to work on. They’ve currently got the new minions movie and apparently there’s a sing sequel coming next year