Sonic the hedgehog (film) - 2019

Doesn’t surprise me. They could as well start working on Despicable Me 4 while they are at it.

Okay, the Mario Movie will be great for three reasons:

1. The director of the movie has met with some upper level guy in Nintendo and they had a shared vision for the movie, or something like that.

2. The film is based off of some sort of Mario comic series that’s supposed to be really well-loved by the fanbase that I’ve still never heard of. Then again, I know basically nothing before Mario Galaxy.

3. I’m really optimistic because I love Mario.

I expected to ironically love Sonic, and I was happily surprised when I watched it and learned that it was… actually really good. I have high hopes for Mario- not expectations, mind you. I’d argue that they are different. I want it to be good, but my enjoyment of it will not be dictated by this. I just love Mario enough that even a bad movie would make me happy; it’s still a Mario movie, and that’s enough for me.

Plus the only Illumination film I’ve seen and disliked was Despicable Me 3.

But if Goombas or Toads become Minions, I’m out

2 Likes

That’s how I feel; my only fear is illuminatations love of their annoying little mascot characters. Nobody needs or wants bowser and goombas to be a bootleg gru and minions.

4 Likes

I would be fine if Bowser was bootleg Vector, however.

2 Likes

Same

2 Likes

Or the dorkly British bowser.

2 Likes

Watching it rn. Jim is Carreying it

2 Likes

Yep. It’s better then the original trailer but still eggman is the best part of the movie.

2 Likes