Sonic the hedgehog (film) - 2019

I was about to post that same thing.

Forget what I said here. Forget all of it.

I think I’ve been proven right here.

I’ve officially lost all hope for this movie. No, I don’t care if the story is good, I don’t care if Ben Schwartz is good as Sonic, I don’t care about any of it anymore. The visuals of Sonic alone were probably one the very few things this movie could have had going for it, and now it’s in the garbage along with my movie ticket.

Here’s my message for you, Sonic Movie Creative Team:

7 Likes

The disconnect between what the studio thinks audiences want from a Sonic movie is incredible.
If they were so keen on making it live-action/animation hybrid, why not do it in a Who Framed Roger Rabbit/Space Jam style? Why do we need a “realistic” Sonic?
I’m scared of what the other characters will look like, if they include them.

5 Likes

Please don’t ruin Tails or Vector.

Live-action Vector actually could be cool

Where did you get that glorious gif? I want to borrow it.

Why do I have a feeling that this movie is going to be a big oof?

Becasue I feel that too

Honestly I haven’t seen a potential film go from okay to absolute zero so quickly, all because of a single promotional poster.

Scary monkey man sonic is truly something to hate.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen that image yet.

2 Likes

Please tell me that’s a fan poster.

6 Likes

Pffft, no :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly the sites reporting on it had the same reaction too :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, kinda sad.

Insofar as I know, only Sonic and Eggman were ever announced, so I think we’re safe with only Sonic getting absolutely ruined in this fashion (not like we’re getting any sequels from this garbage-heap :stuck_out_tongue:)

But yeah, I had absolutely no expectations for this film’s quality. All I hoped was that the fallout could be contained enough to salvage some scrap of Sonic’s credibility, and yet somehow it still surprised me how terrible this has turned out.

This franchise is truly the gift that keeps on giving :stuck_out_tongue:

Not gonna watch it. THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE!!

Well on second thought, the horrified reactions of all the reviewers who will see this may well make this…who am I kidding this is never gonna be worth it…

2 Likes

SCARY MONKEY MAN HEDGEHOG!!!

Bad! Very bad! Bad bad bad bad!

Are you hearing this? It is the sound of SEGA’s death.

2 Likes

After Sonic Forces and now this, I honestly think Sega has no idea what the heck they’re doing.

Really? Sonic Forces is what does it for you?

The alarm bells have been ringing for years man :stuck_out_tongue:

Obviously, we pulled out of the dark age for a bit with Colours and Generations, but that was more luck than anything. They took away the wrong things from that encounter and (among other things) brought back Classic Sonic for Forces for no reason when:

1. He was undeniably the weakest aspect of Generations

2. We had actual, authentic Classic Sonic in that same year, which rendered this return entirely unnecessary, making it feel like a desperate attempt to get people to buy the game and pad out the length (which is fair as there would’ve probably only been like an hour and a half worth of game otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:)

3. He has no reason to be in the game anyway - he’s not even from the past anymore like, what? Are they just high? It was like bringing back the Wisps in Lost World - they make up a thing and then they just forget its backstory in the next game and just use it because “uhh oh this game had it and it worked right?”

Lost World in general was bizarre, but it was more experimental so eh, whatever. Boom was just a stupid idea to let it get greenlit, when clearly neither of the groups working on their respective games really knew what they were doing. Mania only worked because they pooled together people with actual talent and passion to create it, which is probably the smartest thing they’ve done so far. And that pretty much sums up the recent stuff. Sonic 4 as well, actually, was minor fail too. The handheld market was doing fine there, but, whatever I guess.

The dark age speaks for itself. That was just… it was just abhorrent. Over the course of about three (or four, depending on who you ask) years they managed to pump out more garbage than the worst games of like any other franchise combined :stuck_out_tongue:

So no, they haven’t known what they were doing for a long time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess after Mania was such a HUGE light of hope for the future, everything since then just seems more disappointing by comparison.

1 Like

This is true. My confidence in Mania’s success led to less cynicism on my part for Forces, but that trust (as usual) appeared to have been misplaced.

We need to remember that Mania was not made by Sonic Team, so really its quality doesn’t reflect on them at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also think it’s weird how the people who work on the games, and the people who work in just about everything else, seem like two entirely different groups of people.

While the games are lackluster and clearly don’t understand what the fans want,

You have things like the official Twitter or the Boom cartoon, which are funny and self referential. They get what the people want, where the games always miss it.

1 Like