Sons of Garmadon Theory

Hey everyone, so if you don’t know already, Brickset has all the Sons of Garmadon sets, including the Temple of Resurrection but excluding the spinner. After looking through these sets, I had an idea. We all thought that the ninja look similar to their movie counterparts so that people who only watched the movie wouldn’t be confused as to who’s who when they watched the show. But what if Sons of Garmadon is actually a prequel to the Lego Ninjago Movie, and is meant to connect the two universes? Here are a few points that support that.

1. The Resurrection of Garmadon: In the last set, the Temple of Resurrection, Garmadon is included as a minifigure. And not the Garmadon from the show, either. The LNM version of Garmadon is even the character shown on the box art. Perhaps this is a way of introducing Garmadon as a villain in the LNM without it being a complete reboot?

2. Zane isn’t a robot anymore: Well, he still is…he gets his skin back? There’s no way to word it without sounding weird. Anyway, Zane appears in both of his forms in this wave: he’s the titanium ninja in the Street Race for Snake Jaguar set, but he’s shown in his more human form in the S.O.G. Headquarters. If that’s really him, and not another biker guy with the same hair, which is also possible. Either way, he appears in his human form in his spinner, so it doesn’t matter. So maybe something in the season could explain why Zane is more humanoid in the movie, instead of being titanium.

3. Costumes, faces and weapons: This doesn’t really support this theory, since their appearances could have first changed in the movie and then carried over to the show, but the costumes and faces of the ninja in this wave seem to be inspired by both the movie and the show. Obviously the biggest example of this is Zane, but I already covered that. But there’s also the other ninja, too. Lloyd seems to be more leaning on the movie side, since his eyes, hair, and costume are all from the movie, with his costume now being green instead of black. But Nya, for example, has elements of both the show and the movie. Her costume and face are similar in the Ninja Nightcrawler, but she still has the short bob haircut as opposed to the ponytail in the WU-CRU Target Training polybag. I can’t speak for the rest of the ninja, since all of them have their hoods instead of their hair, so we’ll just have to see when this season comes out.

Of course, all of this is just a theory. But it seems like if they wanted to connect the show to the movie, Sons of Garmadon would be the perfect season to do that.

6 Likes

This theory was really nicely thought out, but I hope to God it has nothing to do with the Ninjago Movie

2 Likes

Sorry for the bold text.

I looked up the set on the wog.ch site and these are the description:

So td;lr the biker gang revived Garmadon as a villain.

On the box art, it shows Zane fighting against one of the biker gang which shows he’s still apart of the ninja team:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4573/38566776361_bd77a0715e.jpg

Another proof is the description:

So pretty much Zane is a spy. Also keep in mine the skin isn’t organic since the beginning of the show (i hope).

As for number 3, idk what to say/find. I hope few of they’re personality considering the ninjas are sometime irritating at times on the show and TLM personality is still hallow (as in the lack of development) but still easy to point out what motive they have.

4 Likes

Can you link me to that site where you found the descriptions? Both Brickset and Brickfanz only have the pictures.

Here are the links: :mask:

1 Like

Another thing is, is that Season 9 is currently due to be the last season of Ninjago (though it will likely continue). I can’t imagine the LNM in-between Seasons 8 & 9, two revolutionary seasons that are supposedly going to bring somewhat of a conclusion to the series.

I think the main reason for the re-use of the LNM designs, not only to familiarise fans, was due to the need to reuse all the new molds and pieces. Lego would have put a lot of money into those and would want them to be used for at least a couple years.

Very interesting theory though. Lots of evidence I never noticed. I’ve never thought of even the possibility of that.

For good reason

jk

2 Likes

My theory is that it’s going to be expensive garbage