Spacial Reality: Secrets of the Universe

“Thank you.” Epitome said, stepping back as Zablex took a pause, seemingly preparing something, to which Epitome just watched with a curious stare.
“While I must admit I am not adverse to taking another’s abilities they are usually much less efficient and compatible than when I either recreate or create them myself.”

“may I ask something?”

“Certainly.”

“what is your motivation? Why are you doing this, I mean”

“Why? Because I am an Epitome, the pinnacle of our projects creation, everything they were going for yet failed to control but I am the only one o us left and I don’t plan on leaving it that way, I lost the others and Extinction once but not this time, not ever again.” He finished in a progressively darker tone.

“so because it’s a purpose? Ok”

celica watches

“Of course it has a purpose! All science has some purpose, from the study of dirt to the creation of stars!” Epitome said in an offended tone. “Or in this case, a way to fully reform the dead.”

“science? I was a philosopher once. Interesting.” Bailey seemed intruiged “and a way to bring back the dead?”

“Yes, this entity over here has shown an ability to fully reform his body and enter a limbo like zone after death, an ability he has confirmed to be artificial.”

“it is. I have it too, ya know. We were cursed”

“Yes, of course, its a ‘magical curse’ from wonderland, bah, I have disproved magic multiple times! It is all science and can be replicated! Such as this, I just need samples!”

“sure you can” Bailey rolled his eyes “and how do you explain the literal flaming cat demon thing that jumped on you? Or better yet the dopplegangar?”

“Doppleganger, nanites, self rebuilding atoms/particles, esp connections, flaming cat, its literally just another species of animal from some planet or other.”

“ah yes, someone who died 2000 years ago would have nanites in their blood.”

“… you do remember our previous universe correct? Humans ad that level of tech long before 2000 years.”

“I’m FROM the previous universe. No, not on Earth.” G!Bailey growled, he was starting to get a tad angry, offended too

“Yes, I gathered that, I am assuming he is also from said universe, and I seriously doubt there were no other alien species with much higher tech than us who could’ve modified him in an experiment.”

OOC: well, Epitome is both right and wrong; yes, the ability isn’t natural. The issue is that it is based on magic and that is an entirely different universe altogether compared to tech. I want to present this just so it is there and makes sense. In YGO DSoD, Kaiba was able to essentially make a duel disk that could rival the magic that is used to create the various kinds of Shadow Games but even though he had this tech he couldn’t reach the same level of power and possibilities that magic has and this is shown in how he was ‘dissolving’ when he goes to the Afterlife to challenge Atem one last time, that he was able to rival the power of the Plana but when it combined with the darkness within the Millennium Ring he was unable to defeat it; only because of Atem’s intervention did the threat on the universe become resolved, something Kaiba couldn’t do. In conclusion, technology can get tantalizingly close to the feats of magic but there is always a point where magic is able to be the superior power, a ceiling if you would. It’s like the debate of Goku v Superman in that one has inherent limits and the other has no limits in the first place. Magic is similar to Superman in this context as it isn’t magic itself that creates the balancing rules but the users of that magic and hat they have limited capacity like a circuit compared to a power generator. And likewise, tech is like Goku in that there is always potential to break barriers that arise but that’s the thing, those barriers and limits are a constant and if there are no limits left, it cannot evolve but will become rather dull and have no purpose as tech is meant to push its makers to new limits and the desire of change and improvement the tech users have will keep it going but it is still limited by its very ‘nature’, it can only go so far. Epitome will have to learn this at some point and it will probably destroy him mentally and emotionally more than any other experience he has gone through and if he doesn’t become at peace with that, he pretty much is only going to keep taking steps back because he is trying to do the impossible with the resources he has access to. Sorry if that was rather long winded but I had to share my thoughts and reasoning why my opinion is this way.

1 Like

OOC: Interesting and quite well written, as for Epitome, I’m quite certain he’s already been feeling his doubts with how old he is but that doesn’t mean he won’t keep trying to prove it wrong.