Spacial Reality: Secrets of the Universe

“At least the fires have gone out eh?” Massacre asked, having left Kai and the others to their own devices as he followed Zablex into the ship.

“That’s a good thing at least. However, I am a bit confused why you reacted the way you did when I talked about my promise to Omni. If it isn’t too much, may ask why you reacted the way you did?” He asks as he finds a spot that could use a simple fix and begins to rework the wires into operational capacity.

“I-I did not react in any unusual way.” Massacre growled in mild irritations, tensing his fists.”And that, ‘thing’, is not Omniscience no matter what it claims.” He spat in disgust, a glare emanating from behind his visor.

“He is as much a being as you and I are. If I still had my magic, I would try to find a way for you and the other Epitomes to meet your Essences and maybe see what I mean.” He finishes his fix and puts the panel in place before moving to try welding it back into place then remembering he couldn’t. “The thing is that in a sense you each carry multiple Hearts within you, Kai being a bit of a special case as he has Epitome’s and Enderlord’s along with his own while the other Epitomes carry their own hearts and those of their Essences but they may be prisoners who want to meet and get to know their hosts. I don’t know but I know it may be worth a shot if you are willing.” He says, sitting down and taking a drink from a water bottle he had clipped to his belt. His body language, specifically his tension and his facial expressions-subtle as they were-told he didn’t like that sort of talk about others just because of the way they were trained. Pitiful Heartless; mindlessly collecting Hearts, unaware of the power they posses… These words of Sïax echoed in his mind as he remembered how he used to think so long ago when he was deep in sleep, left with only dreams as his company in the isolation of his stasis capsule.

1 Like

“He is not Epitome!” Massacre roared angrily. “Nor is that being Omniscience!”

Zablex’s left hand began to twitch. “Tell me, am I what I say I am; a Nobody: Something that should never have existed in the first place, cast aside by both Darkness and Light only to teeter on the edge of nothing forever? Am I nothing but a glitch of sorts that was exploited to seek out a target that could destroy what my masters worked so hard to build? Am I something that cannot feel, is an empty vessel destined to fade into oblivion?” He was becoming a bit annoyed by this accusation towards people he had called friends. His eyes showed a power that was still there but wasn’t able to be utilized but could still be restored if that connection were to be remade. His left hand was slowly curling into a fist in anger; this was in plain view of Massacre as a show that he was a whole and complete entity but still a Nobody; he could feel but could never truly be a person because of his origin. The question was said in a way that made it obvious that it wasn’t rhetorical.

1 Like

“I do not care for what you are. Perhaps you are as you say, perhaps you are not, but that matters little to me unless it becomes a danger. But that being, that ‘Essence’ is not Omniscience, my teammate is, he’s not Epitome, he’s not this, freak Kai and he’s not… he’s not broken like that…” Massacre said, his anger deflating slightly.
“I don’t know what your ‘Essence’ and this ‘Void’ did to him but he is Omniscience, not the being that currently attempts to claim that name.”

Zablex wished he could just dive into Massacre’s heart and seek out his Essence to learn more about them but he reminded himself he couldn’t do that. He takes a breath,

“I am sorry that you feel this way but things are not always as they seem and thus doubt can grow in our hearts and we can become defensive when our world views aren’t lining up with what we encounter.” He looks at Massacre with a piercing gaze that seemed to see through the mask.

“Why do you Epitomes hide your faces?” He asks with simple and innocent curiosity. There was no danger and thus no need for the faceplates to be active. The only other reason would be that they had a different atmospheric environment they were built for aside from this one but, as far as he knew, they were humans and thus could survive in this atmospheric environment without issue.

1 Like

Massacre appeared to have been about to retort angrily before being caught off guard by Zablex’s question. “I-I… do not know the answer for that.” He replied in stunned confusion.
“I… I believe it is due to the habits ingrained within us from our training and own environment.” He muttered, touching a hand to his helmet.
“To put it simply, we didn’t know there was something other than live fire rounds for years.” He stated in mild irritation. “Only Omniscience, oh wait. I mean ‘Epitome’ ever took his helmet off outside of our own living quarters or physical examinations, and that only happened when he started to… change.”

Zablex nodded his understanding of what Massacre was referring to. He though back to his own time before this universe, how he used his magic for nearly everything and how much of a habit it had become like the Epitomes and their helmets. He thought of how afraid they must be of going down such a path of darkness if they remove their helmets. “I understand what drives you to think that and I want to tell you to ponder upon this saying: ‘Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery but Today is a gift; that is why it is called The Present.’ What do you think it means?” He asks, curious about this person’s thought process and his world view.

1 Like

“… ok, first, I know that Qoute.” Massacre replied, a chuckle to his tone. “As for the meaning… I’d say, besides the puns, it means to savour the moment, you never know what will come at a later date so enjoy what you currently have and not worry over what may come.”

“Very good.” Zablex nods. “I internalize it as this: I cannot change the past and needless worry of it will cause me to become that which I was avoiding to become; I shouldn’t fret overly about the future as I do not have total control over it and it will destroy me if I try to do that; I must instead enjoy the moment and live in the now, learn from the past and lay the foundations of the future in the present. I cannot change the past nor can I control the future; I can only do the best I can now and face the consequences that follow.” He looks at Massacre, “Do you understand my meaning?” He asks.

1 Like

“Yes, it is an interesting look upon the saying. A good one at that.” Massacre replied, having calmed down if still slightly tense.

“You need to relax, otherwise you shall be doing more harm than help but that is also a double-edged blade as being too relaxed leaves you too open for attack. The middle ground is difficult to find but when it is found it is a great relief to the mind and body.” Zablex said, noting how tense Massacre was.

OOC: He’s trying to teach this This lesson from DBS without doing a copy and paste of it nor the method shown in the video needing to be utilized.

“It… it is not due to that.” Massacre replied, dropping the tenseness.
“No matter how innocent you may claim that Essence to be I know that it had something to de with why Omniscience, my Omniscience, is like he is. No matter what it’s told you I know it has, it had something to do with his changes before my ‘death’ and it defiently had something to do with this ‘Kai’ that’s now existing.” He stated, his angry but for some reason the way he spoke was not of mindless anger and blame but as if he was stating facts.
“I doubt it’s told you but I met my Essence once and if yours is anything like mine was, it has not told you the full truth.”

“Then the truth shall reveal itself in time. I shall do what my heart says is right and that’s all I need.” He looks at Massacre. “What was it like to meet your Essence?” He asks.

“It was… dark and… painful, it was like being enveloped in the Void while being set alight by a sun at the same time… I did not emerge from the encounter unscathed.” He said, his voice quieting to a near whisper at the end.

Zablex nodded. “Darkness is a very dangerous thing, I’ve sensed from Omni that he was one who has two sides to him: His natural side which only wants to do good but his other half is rather frightening which seems to have been caused by being in a human mind and he fears that it could cause many a problem to those he wants to keep safe and actively tries to avoid fighting.” He tries to allow that comforting feeling of peace and calm to extend to Massacre.

“That… that perhaps explains the changes to Epitome. If any of those changes leaked through whatever connection we have it would most likely have caused his changes…”

“We don’t know for certain. Maybe it was part of Enderlord that caused this destructive side to form or just the combination of 3 Hearts in one vessel that broke the mind and left them with an insane amalgamation of all their desires and Darkness warped it to a disturbing form? We don’t know what happened however we can try to make sure we have a plan if it does resurface and learn how to keep Kai sane and in control of himself, even if Ender shows up again.” He pauses for a moment, “When did you meet your Essence? It may help me to try understanding why the experience was the way it was.” Zablex asks. (@KAI_BORG)

1 Like