Spam Rules (and Quality Discussion Guide)

Thanks immensely @Kahi. Maybe I’ll finally be able to engage more in discussion and not see an absurd amount of new posts every time I log on.

7 Likes

so if there is anyone that posts hype train pictures saying I fixed the brakes or they have no brakes or the hype train cant be stopped, I flag it as spam correct?
cause its time to take a trip to the bio 2015 discussion topic…

5 Likes

I shall assist, this “Hype-Train-Plague” transcends the differences between Illumakuta and ABSKoC.

4 Likes

I found one gonna flag for spam

3 Likes

Ok, so- The Illumakuta is a legit thing.
If Illumakuta stuff is spam, then I’m a duck.

4 Likes

its roleplay
roleplay is okay : P

4 Likes

Question: why’re topics locked instead of deleted?
They’re still there…

3 Likes

Good question. I’m not opposed to hiding them…but honestly, it’s also good for users to have an idea of what is spam and what isn’t. Seeing the locked topics sets a precedence for all of the spam stuff that we can’t sit down and define.

Yep. At least, if that’s the majority of the post. If they say stuff like “The hype train can’t be stopped” and then have a lengthy post about which 2015 sets they like, then that’s discussion. But if not, then it’s definitely spam.

5 Likes

so even posts that are nearly a month old? or do we just leave those alone

1 Like

If they are a month old, then you don’t need to make it a priority. But if you wanted to go and continue to do it, I wouldn’t argue. We need to do some pretty deep cleaning around here, so anything you guys want goes.

(Friendly Reminder: future conversation about today’s Initiative should probably all go in the Duty Day Update topic, and the boards will be going down in about 15-20 minutes)

3 Likes

Whenever, I feel that it is absolutely necessary for me to post sentence fragments, I always use the ellipsis punctuation mark wherever I leave words out of sentence fragments that would otherwise make them complete sentences [for example: “Yes, I know… right…?” (which is the sentence fragment form of “Yes, I know that – but am I right about this?”)] for various reasons. [I do this not only when I post comments here, but I *also* do it when I post comments on YouTube (and on other message boards)!!!]

6 Likes

To be honest, Grammar is not really my best. I’ve gotten better at it but there’s words that I have a hard time writing. (I even just put two T’s in writing just then, thank you autocorrect.) But I don’t miss spell ‘the’ unless my keyboard misses the E button. But the larger ones I don’t use too often I have a bit of trouble with.

5 Likes

Why has it taken me so long to find this? every time I search for it it just bought me to this http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/rule-index-all-rules-here/9196 which was also helpful, but I needed this way more. This is probably one of the best things I could of read on here. I don’t really have any Questions at the moment that haven’t been asked already though. Thanks a lot Kahi really needed this.

Home school for life. To bad I didn’t have the best teacher.

Wow it’s been a year since any one else has posted here. And only 15 like, Guess people are having the same problem I was having.

5 Likes

seems like some things never change

1 Like