Spider-Man: Homecoming

I thought it was an alright trailer, but I didn’t feel like it gave THAT much away. Definitely liked the first one more, and I hope the TV spots don’t give much away either, I might just avoid watching them when they come out to be safe.

3 Likes

Gosh dangit, Marvel.

Yeah, this gives away WAY too much. And even if it didn’t, I would still not like this; It completely throws out the lighthearted feel of the first trailer.

3 Likes

Agreed, I’m glad we got to see more…but this is a bit too much.

1 Like

Blame Sony. They’re in charge of this kinda stuff.

Did you guys like the new trailer? I sure did! This movie´s gonna be pretty great! Hopefully Sony doesn´t ruin it… I don´t want another The Amazing Spider Man 2.

Despite it giving too much away, I’m still hyped for this film.

1 Like

It was alright. I really like Petey’s friend

It’s Sony Pictures.

Did you learn nothing from the Boss Baby trailer? /s

1 Like

I don’t even care to watch that movie, so no, apparently I didn’t.

1 Like

I contend that the Boss Baby trailer is the worst animated film trailer of all time. This is much better, but not out of the realm of comparison.

2 Likes

No need to watch the movie now. The trailer will do.

Gee the Spiderman trailer reviles too much and the Justice League trailer reveals too little. Can’t we have a happy medium?

5 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has good trailers.

Crosses fingers for Ragnarok

Ragnarok trailer, pleeeeeease.

I agree this trailer gives away too much, it’s basically the whole movie.

Still hyped, though…

1 Like

Just got back from seeing the movie. Spoilers ahead, but to put things in brief: go see it–NOW.

[spoiler] This may be the best Spider-Man (and, dare I say, Marvel) movie ever. It has the perfect balance or humor, action, and intensity. Tom Holland nails every aspect of the character, and–more generally–the complex emotions of a teenager. He makes me believe he’s Spider-Man, in a way I never really thought anyone could.

Michael Keaton is phenomenal as the Vulture. He makes a really compelling and interesting villain, and fluctuates between awesome and terrifying. If you don’t want huge spoilers, STOP HERE…

The revelation that Vulture is Liz’s dad was perfectly executed. I had read a rumor about it months ago, but forgot it, so the surprise was utterly out of left field. The tone of the movie does a complete flip when this is revealed, and it is glorious. The scene between Peter and Toomes in the car is an incredibly tense, really well done bit of filmmaking, and it had me on the edge of my seat.

The emotional conflict in the movie is great as well. The scene of Peter trapped beneath the rubble almost broke me, because I truly believed his terror and fear, and it felt exactly like how a child–even one with super powers–would react in such a deadly situation. It only made it more powerful when he summoned the will to extricate himself and continue fighting.

The use of Tony Stark is sparing, but effective. He gave off a great mentor vibe, and his conversation with Peter on the roof after the ferry incident felt very real, and shows how Tony has matured since his first movie. The Gwyneth Paltrow moment at the end was a nice surprise too…

I wasn’t as surprised by the reveal that Michelle is MJ. It was well predicted by theorists, and it made sense. We’ll see how it develops going forward.

The action and special effects were great, and the movie felt neither too fast or too slow. All of the supporting characters are nicely portrayed, and everything pays off really well in the end. [/spoiler]

All I can really say, again, is that you should go see this movie if you’re only thinking about it, and definitely see it soon if you wanted to!

4 Likes

Just came back from the movie. I have some problems like any of these movies, but I overall really liked it and I now love Spider-Man’s character once again.

Saw it earlier today. Let’s all agree to forget McCryer ever existed, say Garfield gave a good run at it but had some back luck, and admit that Holland is the one and only best Spider-Man. Loved this movie to death, and I think it’s near perfect. Don’t have anything bad to say at all. It has some great laughs, some great twists, some great MCU easter eggs, and is overall a fun ride.

GO AND SEE IT.

2 Likes

So, now that Spiderman: Homecoming has been out a few days, time for a bit of community discussion!

What did you think about the plot/characters/integration with the MCU?
Or how about the two (incredibly) cliche/contrived moments?

Let’s have a chat below (and make sure to use the spoiler tags)!

What exactly are the two incredibly cliché moments?