Spooky Coincidences

Ever had something and coincidental happen to you?..
Well here’s the place to share it.
I’ll share with you one of my own Spooky Coincidences.
I was looking through some older newspapers while on my message boards, and as I was reading a post Cronk AKA @Chronicler made I came to this page:

I was thoroughly spooped.
Got a story of your own?
Fell free to share it down in the comments

33 Likes

I’m not actually resigning though.

Good find regardless. It’s hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

resign, gosh darn it. the news paper said so so obviously it’s gospel.

3 Likes

I geuss the weirdest coincidence that has happened to me is I have said something at the same time as someone on the podcast says it.

1 Like

Exactly
You’re signing the nonexistent contract again.

3 Likes

I was once at a dance (I blame my mother), and was talking with @OraNui. As part of a joke I referenced a song. This song immediately started playing after I brought it up. I like to think of it as the universe feeling sorry for me.

16 Likes

On Da I posted drawing of one of my characters on a beach, only to go into my messages and find out two of my friends posted a similar drawing that the same time.

4 Likes

So I was listening to Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.
I go downstairs to start working on a fire pit.
Then my mom starts talking on the phone, having no knowledge of what I was listening to, and part of the discussion between her and who she was talking to is about Ring of Fire.
Which, btw, is not a frequently discussed song in my house.

6 Likes

Me and my siblings seem to think similar things a lot.

I was listening to TTV talks, and they were discussing a story where Var had his internet taken out by a lightning storm. Var said something along the lines of “Boom!” trying to imitate lightning…then a clap of thunder sounded nearby and lightning struck, knocking my internet out.

I also tend to have dreams of random clips from the past and…future…yeah…Deja vu or whatever.

12 Likes

Kanye west still getting awards.

Unless you are psychic, this is one cause of deja vu

“One explanation for déjà vu is that there is a split-second delay in transferring information from one side of the brain to the other. One side of the brain would then get the information twice – once directly, and once from the ‘in charge’ side. So the person would sense that the event had happened before.”

6 Likes

But would seeing something in a dream, then it happening days, weeks, even months later…count as Deja Vu?

I dunno.

2 Likes

Don’t know, I know sometimes it happens to me and I could not recall when I had seen it before but I knew I had seen it before, which is one experience.

I’d recommend checking out the wikipedia page to look at all the brian science that humans still can’t understand fully.

2 Likes

Akay, thanks.

I believe it didn’t actually happen in the dream, but you believe it did, after the event actually happened, and the brain perceives this as happening before in a dream.
This happened to me a lot in middle school.

1 Like

But I remember it happening as a dream, before it happened in real life. I could recall what happened even before it actually happened…

Wow this is confusing.

1 Like

When I was younger, I was gonna go trick or treating with a friend on Halloween. I had a dream where he ditched me and we didn’t go.

He ditched me and we didn’t go. :stuck_out_tongue:

This one was my friend actually, but he doesn’t use the boards, so I’m stealing it:

He had a dream of a regular school day, but at the end a person we knew asked “What’s the ring?” Then he woke up.
Several months later, we were having a little end of the school year party, and we were going to watch a movie. Someone recommended The Ring as a joke, and the person from the dream asked "What’s The Ring?

7sp00py9me

6 Likes

I seem to notice these a lot. I don’t know if they happen to me a lot, or if I just have a knack for noticing them. Probably a mix of both.

One of my favorites was the time I was telling my dad about a book we were learning about in school, “The Jungle”. Dad asks what it’s about. I start to answer, but suddenly whoever is talking on the radio at that moment shouts “the government is a jungle!”

We both started laughing.

One of the creepiest, still has me freaked out to this day, happened when I was playing a dice game. Being me, I was pretending that six people were playing (I was rolling for all six of them). Being a natural story-maker, I had names, personalities, and IRL dialogue for all six of these people too.

At some point I began to notice that all of the games were turning out the same. The same person always won, came in second, came in last, etc., with only minor differences. I didn’t think anything of it at first, in fact having my characters joke about whether the game was cursed, but it occurred to me during a snack break that these things were happening without my control. I controlled the character’s decisions, sure, but not the dice; yet I was having immense luck when rolling for Natalie, awful luck when rolling for Nathan, etc. How was that possible?

So I decided to break the curse, partly just because it made my story more interesting to have the characters trying to break a curse. I had my players purposefully go for the opposite results that the curse yielded, so that the person who always came in last won, the person who always won came in last, etc. Afterwards, I ran a few test games with my characters playing normally, and the “curse” was indeed broken.

Note that I am not a person who believes in “curses” or stuff like that. So you can guess how eerie this was that even I was freaked out.

This is why you should always write down your dreams. Then you know for sure if it’s deja vu or a prophecy coincidence.

~W12~

6 Likes

Once at a pep rally, which me and my friends were very disinterested in, I somehow predicted the future. We were watching this gymnastics person do all these flips and crazy contortions. I leaned over to my friend and whispered,“if she does a droideka roll, I’ll die laughing.” Then, as if she read my mind, the gymnastics girl contorted her body into a C shape and rolled across the gymnasium floor. My jaw dropped and I burst out laughing.

6 Likes

I was playing overwatch today and my team needed a tank and I chose Reinhardt because it was the zone holding game mode and I thought that massive shield would help, and I thought about how cool it would be to have one of his skins where his head is showing, and the loot box I open directly after that match and get one.

1 Like

One time a few years ago in Beijing, there was this massive storm while the pollution was at absurd levels that made it look like nighttime in the middle of the day. I’m told one student declared, it’s the apocalypse, and at that exact moment, lighting flashed.

3 Likes