Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Personally I’m excited. I think with Respawn behind it, and Frostbite graphics, the gameplay and graphics will be amazing. The story could be good but we all know EA.

5 Likes

Is it an RPG?

Action adventure.

Something closer to the likes of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? I’d be hyped for that. Assuming EA doesn’t mess it up

I assume so. It’s being done by Respawn (CoD) so I assume the gameplay will be good. Just a matter of EA finally getting a story right

You mean Respawn (Titanfall 2)

1 Like

Where are my micro-transactions and DLCs.

1 Like

I’ve heard very good things about Titanfall 2; this is getting me hyped already.

1 Like

It’s a great game, which was the only thing giving me hope for this game.

1 Like

The official trailer is up.

Cameron Monaghan is Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan survivor of the Great Jedi Purge. After being in hiding, he is now on the run from the Second Sister Inquisitor and Purge Troopers, Clones genetically altered specifically to kill Jedi.

Release date is November 15th, 2019.

4 Likes

@Invader39 EA recently announced there will be no such thing

As for the trailer, I’m super excited. EA isn’t a great producer by any means but the fact that it’s Respawn rather than them gives me a lot of hope for this.

This is using Unreal Engine 4, and thank god it is; apparently Frostbite is a nightmare to use.

2 Likes

Oh ok.

Man, that Inquisitor Trooper looks amazing.

And the Second Sister. We’ll eventually get all of the Inquisitors at some point.

1 Like

It depends on what it’s being used for. If you’re using it to create a first person shooter, it’s second to none the best engine for use, but for some reason EA thought that would translate well to making third person action RPG games, and thus we get the troubled developments of games like Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem, because the devs are essentially having to reconfigure and build their own engine out of an existing one.

3 Likes

I would have preferred a female protagonist. I’m not digging this guy’s voice acting either.

The actor has spent the last few years laughing his head off as the not-Joker on Gotham, so I can vouch for his acting chops. He’ll be great. He’s also not just voice acting, but performance capture was used in making the game. The in-game character model is him, similar to Iden Versio from Battlefront II 2017. Cool trend I hope they continue.

3 Likes

They’ve been doing that for a long time, even way back with Halo 3: ODST. And while I’m sure he’ll do a passable job, his voice just sounds a little week to me.

so, anyone played it? i have. its great.

1 Like

Haven’t gotten it yet

1 Like