Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

#Luke x Sabine 10 BBY

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with you there. Ezrabine all the wayā€¦

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, thatā€™s the way to go
Also, off topic, but the most emotional part of the season 2 finale fight, was when Rex found out
That was when I cried

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that whole ending scene was toughā€“really well done, but sad. I think the saddest part of it for me was when Hera walked up to Kanan and saw what had happened to him. :cry:

2 Likes

Sad Rex isā€¦
Sad.

Iā€™m not so sure about thatā€¦ especially considering recent events.

1 Like

Maybe Ezra will kill Sabine

when he goes to the dark side

Weā€™ll see, I guess. Dark Ezra could throw a damper on it, but I think it could work now that heā€™s matured more.

I would be so mad.
Sabine is my favorite mainstay character.
(Ahsoka is not a mainstay)
@Toa_Heatwave
I think that if it were to happen, it would be after Ezraā€™s return to the light, which Iā€™m pretty sure will happen.

Or heā€™ll die. I honestly donā€™t know.

Oh
Kanan is my favorite

1 Like

Well, there are rumors that Benicio del Toro is playing him in Episode VIII but I think those are far-fetched.

I personally think heā€™ll be a Gray Jediā€“he hates the Empire and the Dark Side too much to fully join them, but he may tap into the Dark Side to find knowledge that can defeat them, whichā€“as we knowā€“rarely goes well.

2 Likes

Kanan used to be my least favorite, but is quickly climbing the ranks.
Heā€™s number two as of now, but Zeb could be, if he got more focus.
@Toa_Heatwave

1. I doubt that.
  2. I donā€™t really doubt that.

Oh, that thing. The one thing that makes it a feel like a Disney show. The poor guy that has a crush on a girl that totally ignores him. I feel like thatā€™s a requirement that Disney has in their contracts for airing the show on Disney Channel or Disney XD. Letā€™s look at the list of shows that have included this plot device through the years (off the top of my head)ā€¦

• The Suite Life of Zach & Cody

• Hannah Montana

• Thatā€™s So Raven

• Lilo & Stitch: The Series

• The Suite Life on Deck

• Phineas & Ferb

• A.N.T. Farm

• Good Luck Charlie

• Gravity Falls

• Mighty Med

• Star Wars: Rebels

Am I the only one tired of this trope? Now, granted, most of the shows I just listed were/are amazing, and sometimes that plot thread even worked out pretty well and wasnā€™t annoying (Phineas & Isabella, and Cody & Bailey), and works great in some other shows. But come on! Itā€™s all over the place! Thankfully in Season 2 it did seem really downplayed. I mean, really downplayed. Besides the beginning of ā€œBlood Sistersā€ with Ezra trying to chat up Sabine on the way to meet their contact, I canā€™t recall a single moment in Rebels Season 2 where Ezra tries to flirt with Sabine only to be rejected.

It seems like the creative team just up and abandoned it for Season 2, and there was enough of it in Season 1 so Disney didnā€™t care (speaking of which, what was with Sabineā€™s ā€œI can smell you, remember?ā€ thing from ā€œVision of Hopeā€? It seems like that was a plot point they were going to explore but forgot about it). To me I can see the whole ā€˜Ezrabineā€™ thing go one of two ways.

One, theyā€™ve just ditched it entirely. Two, Sabine will start to come around and be interested in Ezra now that heā€™s older and is (seemingly) acting more responsible. This could even lead to an interesting episode all about how Jedi were forbidden to grow attached in Kananā€™s day, but does Ezra have to follow that, or is he more free to do as he wants in the matters of the heart?

Tell me what you guys think about this whole thing.

4 Likes

I agree that they havenā€™t really done much with it, but they seem to be resurrecting those ā€œflirtatious momentsā€ in Season 3. There was one in a clip they released at Celebration, where Ezra and Sabine are fighting those Imperial Mandalorians, and Sabine is forced to grab onto Ezra and carry him as they fly, to which he reacts asā€¦wellā€¦Ezra would.

So I donā€™t personally think the potential is gone, but I donā€™t think they want to make romance a major thing. Itā€™s like TCWā€“the only romances there were Anakin/Padme, Obi-Wan/Satine, and a few other minor ones that were often more comedic than serious (Iā€™m lookinā€™ at you, Jar-Jar). Rebels seems to be taking a similar approach.

1 Like

They NAILED that romantic relationship
And I cri evrytim

4 Likes

Fierfek, that was the most hilariously ridiculous thing ever.

Yep. They knocked that out of the park. Iā€™ll never forget the season 2 trailer with Anakin saying ā€œ-now go get your girlfriend.ā€

ā€œRightā€¦ no, wait, Anakin, sheā€™s not my-ā€ and then he just stops and grimaces 'cause there isnā€™t a point.

3 Likes

They really didā€¦
(Starts crying audibly)
But seriously, I really hope that if they do romantic stuff, they do it at least almost as well as it was incorporated into TCW.

I loved that.

2 Likes

I found something in a video and wanted to share it
So Ezra is becoming more powerful
And his hair has become shorter (and his master is blind, and has an awesome beard)
Who else in the EU was powerful in the force
And had the buzz cut, and had a blind master with an awesome beard AND existed around 3-4
could Ezra become starkiller? Or a starkiller like character?

Hoo boy.
I hope not.
Thatā€™d be way too weird.

1 Like

This. It seems Rebels is taking cues from many EU sources, including TFU. I think, however, itā€™ll be just thatā€“cues. One, the name Starkiller has already been used in TFA, so I doubt theyā€™ll introduce the Starkiller character. Two, many aspects of Starkillerā€™s story are defunct with the new canon being in effect.

Undoubtedly, it would be cool to have more elements of TFU present in Rebels, but I doubt it will happen. I think Ezra and Kanan are the closest weā€™ll getā€¦

5 Likes

which Iā€™m honestly okay with because as much as I liked Starkiller, he was stupidly OP

4 Likes