Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker Topic

That was just the first article that came up. There’s others, but I happen to be busy, so if you want to find them, go ahead. Of you can just keep believing what you want. Both are fine by me.

The burden of proof is on those who make the claim. I shouldn’t have to research what you say, but I understand that you are busy.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding. I just don’t have the time to go and fine more articles.

Then it isn’t a court hearing, you’ve already fined the articles!

1 Like

I want this leak to be true, only because of the Knights of Ren and the girl who reminds me so much of Zam Wesell I’m already getting excited.

Just joining this topic now, but as someone who really liked TFA and loved TLJ, I’m very excited for episode IX.

My main question is how they will handle Ben Solo’s story line. I’m still a firm believer he will come back the the light. I really love how he’s tried to piece the mask back together to try and hide behind the facade of Kylo Ren again, yet you can see the cracks still fully visible. The mask is going to crack at some point in the movie to reveal the face of Ben Solo, I can almost grantee it!

1 Like

A large part of Ren’s development in The Last Jedi was him moving past his need to be like Darth Vader, and shattering his mask was a turning point. Seeing him in the mask again, I could see some story justifications (as leader of the First Order, he might bring back the mask as a symbol to fear) but I feel it may just be a regression to familiar story territory for the franchise. Of course, it is too early to tell.

2 Likes

I think him ditching the mask was a hint the the audience that there was a man under there. It shows his vulnerability. Hiding behind the mask again show’s he has regressed and perhaps feels ashamed or embarrassed by opening himself up to Rey the way he did. He has to go back before he can move forward.

The fact there are cracks in the mask only shows that whatever disguise he’s hiding behind is coming apart and the seams and won’t hold for much longer.

1 Like

Oh boy, new characters. Can’t we just get closure for the chracters introduced in the first movie? If I remember correctly, there were no important new characters in Return of the Jedi.

1 Like

Wicket, the Emperor, Admiral Ackbar

I love new characters, Poe is starting to be the only guy I really want more of.

1 Like

So he wears the mask in the first, ditches in the second, but has it on again and it cracks in the third? That’s a terrible use of character. What was good about Kylo in TLJ and TFA was that he wasn’t a faceless dude hiding behind a mask.

For him to put it on again seems to remove a lot of his arc, he gets reset.

It’s not reset at all. He’s hurt and he’s gone back into his cocoon, but the point is that it’s cracking now. What’s done is done, and can’t be undone.

1 Like

Except his mask looked fantastic. Adam Driver as Kylo Ren? Eh… Not very intimidating.

2 Likes

I just realized, there are more Knights of Ren in the mid-left side.
This makes me hope this is real, and not a fan-done piece of work.

2 Likes

One thing that has me depressed with the new poster is the complete lack of any Original Trilogy characters, no Luke or Lando

1 Like

I don’t think Kylo’s meant to be intimidating in the same way Vader was. Kylo is more unhinged and unpredictable, and ready to fly off the handle without a moments notice. Ultimately he’s mean’t to be a lot more relatable than Vader in the OT, and we’re meant to see a young man behind the mask.

2 Likes

Coming back just so that he can die :cry:

2 Likes

Well, Chewie and C-3PO (2.0 Hardcore Edition) are there…but yeah, no Lando, Luke, or even Leia.

Anyway, this poster is almost certainly legit. I thought so from the moment I saw it, because it has far too many original costumes and new poses to be fake. I’m pretty sure it’s not a theatrical poster, though.

One little detail I’m interested in is that there seems to be some kind of leather strap on the Anakin/Luke/Rey lightsaber–I wonder if it’s a permanent part of the repairs or if it’s just a new accessory?

Also, one of the Knights of Ren has a meat cleaver, and another literally has a cannon for an arm…

1 Like

Well, I’m not sure if Antony Daniels is still playing C-3PO, and Chewie is a different actor.

1 Like

Yes he is he confirmed in a twitter tweet

2 Likes