Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) Discussion Topic

You mean “Landing at Point Rain”?

It’s actually my least favourite of he Geonosis saga, but still a solid episode.

2 Likes

Well thats what the episode was called, anyway I love the invasion style episodes.

2 Likes

“Landing at Point Rain” was a weird episode to me, because for some weird reason it aired on a Wednesday. :confused: Otherwise, it remains one of my favorites. It shocked me how many casualties a “kids” show had on-screen, and for a time I thought it the most violent of all the series.

But then the Umbara arc happened. :joy:

6 Likes

The Umbara saga was quite dark. :wink:

2 Likes

And my favorite arc.

3 Likes

It’s probably a bit cliche, but my favorite arc is the Season 5 Jedi Temple Bombing Arc.

1 Like

Literately my least favorite but people have opinions, trandoshan arc was also good.[quote=“Spyaang, post:255, topic:1453”]
It’s probably a bit cliche
[/quote]

How so?

1 Like

Ignoring Lost Missions and The Clone Wars Legacy, it’s the series finale starring Ahsoka. I <3 Ahsoka. Everyone <3 s Ahsoka.

1 Like

Most of you have probably noticed some ways TCW references the movies. Here’s a compilation of a lot of good ones (many of which are pretty darn subtle and make a heckuva lot of sense in-universe).

9 Likes

So I’ve recently been watching all the episodes in Netflix, and this show is really good. I was telling my mom how sad the deaths were, and she said “How can their deaths be sad? They’re all the same”

3 Likes

She didn’t mean it in that way, she just didn’t understand how the characters were developed, because her only reference was the movies and '03 show

6 Likes

Show her when 99 ascended to the pearly gates. We had only known him for two episodes, but dang was that as sad one.

Also Fives, Hardcase, Commander Ponds (more shocking than sad), and Asajj Ventress in Dark Deciple, which is based off of unproduced episodes . But the all time worst death in The Clone Wars was the show itself. Curse you Disney.

4 Likes

Disney isn’t really to blame…

2 Likes

For cancelling the show? No, Disney is completely at blame for that.

1 Like

And Cartoon Network.
Because neither would bow to the other, and thus the show did not transfer channels, and it died.

4 Likes

to continue with unlikable story arcs the one with the light and the dark side personified was weird and made almost no sense

I loved those arcs.
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here.

4 Likes

…from a certain point of view.
The way I’ve heard things, later arcs of TCW were going way overbudget, and George (Lucas) was often financing them out of pocket. When the Disney acquisition happened and Lucas left, the decision was made to shut down TCW in order to funnel resources into sequel trilogy content.

I completely disagree. “Lost Missions” Clone Wars had some of the best SW storytelling we’ve ever gotten. I’m confident that - had the show continued - we would have seen absolutely amazing content in seasons 6, 7 and 8.

9 Likes