Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) Discussion Topic

I didn’t say it was bad, I just think it would be useless and could easily be cut out.

1 Like

Agreed; I’d prefer something more substantial.

I’m not Legomaster, but I would say it applies to both, yes. (Stuff like @#$% is ok once in awhile, but you should probably keep it to a minimum. F-ing is best to avoid altogether.)

Interesting fact, you know that Boba Fett vs. Dooku fight in my post that was supposed to appear in Dark Disciple. It’s not in the book. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

I suppose, given the option between watching that arc and, say, a post-Order Ahsoka arc, I’d probably choose the latter. But that’s no reason to disregard this Rex/Artoo arc altogether. Each TCW story is made for a reason and always has at least some redeeming elements for varying crowds.

I coulda sworn that it was an actual expression in English.

If you think hard enough, the entire TCW show could be counted as “filler”. Just saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it’s not. Probably because it didn’t really fit.

3 Likes

I was speaking in the sense, that if Disney let them finish up but ONLY with the most necessary story arcs in a short amount of time, then they could have just dropped it. I still want to see it but it is at the bottom of the list.

Some more action in the book would have been nice. I even was kind of bored by the climax.

So is 2.4 years of Bionicle.:stuck_out_tongue: Oh, and Star Wars Rebels.

2 Likes

So I started watching season one.

It’s good so far, but Ahsoka (is that how you spell it?) is annoying.

1 Like

Don’t worry, by midway of Season 3 Ahsoka is completely non-annoying. There is enough good stuff to overshadow her most of the time.

1 Like

Remember, the different arcs were at various stages of completion when Lucasfilm had to pull the plug. They couldn’t just pick and choose stories to finish up quickly.

But the book didn’t need a crap-ton of action scenes. It was a story about two broken individuals each struggling with their own darkness and figuring out what it means to trust each other.

[quote=“SammySpartan, post:172, topic:1453”]
It’s good so far, but Ahsoka (is that how you spell it?) is annoying.
[/quote]It’s an integral part of her character arc. Don’t worry, she’ll start changing pretty rapidly soon.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they mentioned that this arc wasn’t taking place until after the Season 8 premiere. Also, I think what I meant was that they could have finished everything that was the nearest to completion, then convert everything that had less work completed into comics or novels. I’m terrible with my wording. :smile:

I’m saying there could have been a little more “going on” in the climax, because I felt that there was a low supply of suspense. My point proves that Kahi was right. Kids are dumb.

Just to be clear those 2.4 years I was referring to were 2004, 2005, and January-May of 2009.

2 Likes

Echo was supposed to come back as a cyborg in season 6. It never ended up happening due to the show being cancelled. But, it might be better that way?

3 Likes

Season 2, about episode five. She’s… better. but not by a whole lot.
Also, Obi-Wan is great.

1 Like

*Season 7

And also it did happen. Look up “Bad Batch” Arc on Youtube.

2 Likes

Hmm. She’s much better in the S2 finale. She’s definitely made a huge jump by the time S3 rolls around.

Obi-Wan in TCW is utterly fantastic. It really hit me when I was watching Grievous Intrigue (awesome ep half-way through S2). James Arnold Tayler just completely nails the performance.

4 Likes

heck yeah, this series even made Anakin into what he should have been

how he’s charismatic and actually kill people, showing how he kinda turns towards the dark side

4 Likes

Yeah, I gotta say that this show is what convinced me that Anakin could actually turn to the darkside. This series portrayed Anakin how he SHOULD have been portrayed: A cool dude who’s also a pilot and Jedi but is also a tragic character.

I mean, when he got upset about Asohka being imprisoned and he actually CHOKED a Clone Trooper just to figure out what was going on with her? That was how to show that this often cool-tempered guy could be the dark lord of the sith.

4 Likes

Wait, what?

Spoilers, dude.

Well, this IS a discussion topic on the show. You gotta know that spoilers are bound to show up. So really, it’s at your own risk.

Say what you will about Domino Squad, but this is the best Clone squad.

4 Likes

If only Clone Commando Captain Gregor counted as a squad. :smile:

1 Like

Excepting that you could easily put a spoiler over that. It takes about five seconds. Learn to be courteous.

1 Like