Star Wars Topic

the general reason i brough up Kylo Ren’s possible redemtion, is because the title does not have to only be refering to Luke or Rey.

Kylo was himself a former padawan of Luke’s new jedi order, so it makes sence that he too can be the possible “last jedi” of the title.

Except TFA’s opening crawl has already answered that question.

“Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister first order has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.”

Snoke also refers to Luke as the last Jedi.

“The droid will soon be delivered to the Resistance… leading them to the last Jedi.”

4 Likes

But that was the whole reason for killing Han. He let go of what little good was left in him and will in the next two films going forward, completely evil, and more collected emotionally.

He’s Snoke’s Vader. Vader wasn’t the overall villain of I-VI, Palpatine was.

I do think he’s a pawn though. I’ll agree on that.

Yep.

I don’t disagree with the concept that Kylo can return to the light, but I can’t see him turning that easy.

Kylo has shown moments where he isn’t a totally evil person but stuff like him killing Han shows that changing his allegiance will be hard.

Furthermore Rey has yet to show any Dark side tendencies so her changing would be unfounded in just the short time of the movie.

4 Likes

Ok, in regards to Ben killing Han, that doesn’t make him irredeemable.
For one thing, he had been apart from his father for a long time, and harboured a great deal of resentment for him due to his sending him to the Jedi temple and being a bad father.
Anakin killed Obi Wan.
Obi Wan was a father and a brother, a friend and partner in battle.
They were closer than anyone, and Vader killed him because of the resentment he harboured for him.
Sound familiar?
(Also, I have no qualms with the similarities between the episodes, it should remind us that history repeats itself, in real life, too)
But as for your theory, Henrik. Not gonna happen, trust me, there’s no good enough reason for any of it at this point.

3 Likes

Well you see, in the universe he absolutely could be redeemed. But in the eyes of fans I don’t know if he can. I don’t think what happened to people like Padme really matters to fans because Natalie Portman was phoning it in, and as far as obi wan sure but he doesn’t have the level of recognizability as Han Solo, sure obi wan is my favorite Star Wars character but Han is one my favorite characters in general.

1 Like

yeah i mean I love kylo as a villain

that said I want to see him die

2 Likes

it was not really a theory, it was just what i personaly though could happen.

everyone else here has a personal opinion on how they think the movies may go, like with how Prentice1215 personaly think that the movies will go in a dirrection, were in Kylo is not redeemed and is instead killed off and looked upon as a horrible monster. (even though if one only watch episode 4 and 5, Vader is shown in the same light, as a monster of pure evil that no one would ever think could be nor should be given a chanse of redemption).

speaking of Vader’s redemption, how would anyone feel if a similar scene like the one in episode 6 were in Luke defeat’s his father and desites to not kill him were to happen.

but instead of Rey doing what Luke did, she does instead the opposite, and kills of Kylo Ren.

what would you guys opinion on a scene like that be?

That is the definition of a theory.

9 Likes

I do think my theory about Sabine being obi wan and satine’s daughter is becoming less and less likely but I still want some sort of connection between Rey and obi wan

1 Like

I’d say it’s already pretty unlikely considering Sabine is Asian and neither Obi-Wan or Satine are… ya know… Asian.

6 Likes

That was the biggest drawback to the theory

That and the fact that the timelines don’t match up very well. She was born in 21 BBY (the first year of the clone wars). Satine and Obi-Wan met up for the first time in years at least a few months into the war. There simply isn’t enough time for Satine to carry a child to term within the 21 BBY calendar year.

3 Likes

Didn’t they know each other before the war?

Yes, back when Obi-Wan was a padawan (before The Phantom Menace) and long before Sabine was born.

2 Likes

My theory was that satine had Sabine and gave her to katee sackhoffs character whose name escapes me and gave Sabine to a member of the clan to raise as her own.

Or maybe Sabine is just Sabine and we’ll never know of her parentage?

2 Likes

Well, in the last episode and the trailer it’s heavily implied that she’s going to meet her family pretty soon. So, chances are we will know her parentage, and soon. However, I don’t think she’ll have any particular connection to any famous Mandos.

1 Like

Also we do know katee sackhoff is returning

Bo Katan! It’s Bo Katan! REMEMBER HER NAME, PEOPLE!!!

Sorry, I get triggered when people can’t remember character names.

2 Likes