3 Likes

Jaa.

Yes in japainese.

1 Like

There are normal bionicle names?

5 Likes

I think that all the bionicle names are weird,

3 Likes

Reidak and Radiak, it sounds like a 5 year old liked the first name and changed it slightly so it was his own

5 Likes

Even though itā€™s a mask donā€™t forget Kakama

1 Like

Reidak and Radiak. Not particularly strange, just a bit irrationally anger-inducing.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who has not had pronouncilliation trouble with bonkle names?

1 Like

No, because my mother language happens to use a phonetic alphabet.

2 Likes

How dare you!! Bingzak is a beautiful name! /s Also I think these are the strangest ever, Agarak, Udapo, Owa, Epolim, Kerato, and Mamuk

1 Like

I korgot the PoEā€™s name.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Axalara. Always thought it was ā€œaggs-ALL-are-ahā€

But according to @Eljay, in his epic recap review its ā€œAxe-ah-lar-aā€.

Course, with my way it makes sense why there arenā€™t any axes on the ship. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gadunka sort of sounds like the name to some snack accompanied by some dipping sauce. I donā€™t know

4 Likes

Mahri

Muwaka

Boxor

Kalmah

Carapar

Those are off the top of my head.

1 Like

Hewkii isnā€™t that weird, but the way itā€™s spelled sure is. I know it used to be Huki, but I didnā€™t when I was five, and I thought it was Hyoo-Key. (It doesnā€™t help that I have a relative named Hugh so I heard that name a lot)

1 Like

They named a fruit in one of the G2 books, I just remember it being long and repetitive.

1 Like

Nuhrii
Ahkmou
Orkahm
Vhisola
Tehutti
Ehrye

These names have some of the weirdest spellings Iā€™ve ever seen.

5 Likes

Which is why I mispronounced almost every single one of them as a kid and still do

Nuhrii - Ner-ree (correct: Noo-ree)
Ahkmou - Awk-mao (correct: Awk-moo)
Vhisola - Veez-ola (correct: Viss-ola)
Tehutti - Tew-tee (correct: Tu-hootee)
Ehrye - Ee-ree (correct: Air-yee)

Seriously how does Lego expect kids to pronounce these names that were never spoken out loud? The only way they would know is if they got the Bionicle Encyclopedia! :grimacing: And where did they even come up with these?

5 Likes

I know this topic is old, but I have thought about this recently.

Iā€™ve never seen those names as nearly identical. Similar, yes, but not nearly identical.

Onewa is On-Ay-Wah Or On-ee-wah

Onua is Oh-Noo-Ah

A bunch of people have pronounced Onewa like On-ew-a, which makes it sound like Onua, but I think the E in this case sounds different than how people think it sounds.

The reason they do though is because the U sound followed by the A sound in Onua makes a sound similar to a W. But in Onewa, thereā€™s an actual W sound. Itā€™s the difference (or maybe inaccuracy) in how people pronounce the O and the N (Ohn instead of Ahn) and un-stress the E in Onewa that makes it sound like Onua.

3 Likes