Strange Bionicle Names

I just chalk it up to an aversion of this:

2 Likes

FIREDRACAX. It just seems to long to be a matoran name, and to clearly inspired by an English term (fire drake) to fit with the rest of the Bionicle name scheme. Same with AMPHIBAX. I always thought that the Av Matoran names were lazy (Photok+photon, Radiak= radiate, Solek= solar, and Tanma= sun-tan, I guess?). Also, i just realized that its Gavla, rather then Galva. I still think Galva sounds better.

1 Like

Necroposting

Well Tuyets name means Snow. Yeah thats apperantly a translation of that name. So is Tuyet actually a toa of ice in disguise? :eyes:

1 Like

Since Senit brought it back, here’s my several cents:

• Onua is pronounced oh-NOO-uh. Onewa is pronounced AH-nuh-wah (and one of the few names not to be pronounced with the stress on the second-to-last syllable).
  • Names like Vakama and Nokama, or Matoro and Aiyetoro, hint at the Matoran language and shared etymologies of the names.
  • MNOGII names were weird because many were directly lifted from other languages.
  • Lots of K names, something to do with copyright. Especially “ahk” and “ax” endings.
3 Likes

Many Matoran names, Especially Ko matoran names are finnish words for elements.

Tuuli (wind), Kivi (stone/rock),

Akrtinen (arctic), Jaa, (jää/ice), Jaatikko (jäätikkö/Glacier), Kylma (kylmä/cold), Lumi (snow), Pakastaa (to freeze), Talvi (winter)

and Pekka (finnish first name, and coincidentally my father’s name).

Bionicle is weird. in a good way.

3 Likes

You gotta love that Kai is a water Matoran and the ninja of fiyah.

3 Likes

I was about to say the exact same name!

1 Like