Super Serums RP

Scott remembered he had a second ■■■■■ at Walmart, and went to work again.

Blake turns around to look for Simon in hopes that they will be able to play fetch.

Ivan leaves the Golden Corral with a new job as the salad bar manager.

Scott walked out of Walmart, actually done with work. “I hate this job, but at least I can make money…”
Current balance: $218

Jeff flew home as an eagle, wondering what to do to get money.

Ivan discovers he makes a mean Caesar salad.

When Blake goes back outside, he will find Simon, who will gladly play fetch with him.

As the day draws on, a new tension enters the air. Just in the course of that one day, ten people that had been perfectly ordinary citizens had decided to use their powers to steal from others. Five of them had died, be it by friendly super-powered passerby or in one case, the elderly victim himself happened to have laser-vision. But the other five had been successful, more or less, killing their victims (accidently, in a couple of cases) and fleeing into the shadows. There is a grim realization of the dangers this power entails…and yet more and more people want it, and those that have it aren’t quite ready to give it up yet…

Normsville has changed. But for better, or worse? It is too soon to say.

1 Like

The trio watch the news
Ideruba Robbing would be fun.
Ike Absolutely not.
Lily 260 dollars profit for us is good enough.
Ideruba Let’s get drunk!
Ike Keep the tab under 30 this time.
Lily Yay!
Ideruba Should we try a thermos serum today?
Ike We shouldn’t.
Lily It could telekenisis
Ideruba Or mind control
Lily Or illusions
Ideruba Or wind control so I can flip up ski-
Ike mentally groans Shut up. I don’t wanna try repressing my thoughts today.
Ideruba This is why the powers are bad. Have you forgotten what its like with our voices?
Ike doesn’t respond

Lauren hears the news as she gets home from school, the thermos tucked safely in her backpack.

“How was school?” her mom asks from the other room.

“Good!” she calls back. “I’ve got some homework to do!”

“Try not to work too hard, hon!” I’ll try. Lauren quickly goes upstairs to her room, closing the door. But instead of pulling out a notebook, she immediately grabs the thermos, drinking half of it. Her vision sharpens, and she can’t help but feel better. Like she had been without her glasses all day. She turns her vision to the rest of the serum.

“Let’s see what you’re made of.”

OOC: @Bobofoot gonna need you here.

Ivan watches the news from his salad bar, and after hearing the death toll, immediately storms out of the restaurant, despite the pleading calls of his new boss. He runs directly to the lab and kicks down the door. “FFFFRRREEEEDDDRRRIIIIKKKKK?” There is nothing in his tone that suggests that he wants a friendly chat.

In front of Ivan stands Frederick Artanium.
“What do you want.” There isn’t an ounce of warmth in his voice.

Ivan steps forward and grabs Frederick by the throat, pinning him to the wall. “Vhy vould jou put innocent lives at risk, to sell your stupid serums? People are dead, and it’s on your head.” Ivan lets Frederick down, but it’s obvious that he doesn’t want Frederick going anywhere.

OOC: if Frederick has any powers that would contradict what happened, feel free to change the outcome.

Frederick doesn’t move. When you grab his throat, you feel no give at all, though he doesn’t resist being pinned. When Ivan steps back, he squints and adjusts his glasses.
“I assume you know what a gun is, yes? Automobiles? Construction equipment? Airplanes. Boats. Locomotives. All of these things were invented by mankind, and all of them are bought and sold. All of them have far larger death counts than my serums. Do people blame the inventor of a car if a fool is run over on the street? Did they blame the inventor of the musket for the wars of the seventeenth century? I don’t think they did. Young sir, I am an inventor. I discovered something that could revolutionize mankind and benefit myself. How exactly am I responsible for the actions of others? And anyway, didn’t you kill one of those men?”

@jayzor17 You see the very essence of the serum, and surprisingly enough, most of the materials you could get at your local science store pretty cheaply. The only unique component is something unfamiliar even to your eyes, but it seems to be multiplying. You could easily distill this mysterious element from the serum and have enough to make at least five serums, more if it keeps multiplying like this.

1 Like

“…He vas far from innocent. Nonetheless, zere is something terrible going on. Vhat you have made is powerful, perhaps more so than anyzing else yet. Vun vay or anozer, you have made a veapon. Somevun needs to keep it in check. And if not jou,” Ivan rises to his feet. “I vill do it.” Ivan leaves the room, and attempts to put the door back in it’s frame. It falls back down after he walked away.

OOC: Heck yeah, superhero team time! We all knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

2 Likes

Scott watches the news, now in his house. “Why am I even watching the news?” He turns it off, and heads outside. Time to get some food. While walking to get food, Scott thought about maybe becoming a superhero.

OOC: SUPERHERO TEAM TIME BABYYYYYYYYYYY

Frederick watches him leave. As he walks out of sight, a malicious grin covers his face.
“Simon!” he calls. “Now that I’ve extracted the recquesite (speling? :stuck_out_tongue: ) samples, I really don’t need you in the lab for now. Follow our Russian friend, make sure he doesn’t get himself killed. And if the opportunity presents itself… well, I can always use some more samples.”

“Yes sir!” Simon answers, already running out the door to follow Ivan. “Hey, wait up!” He calls, catching up to Ivan. “I want to help you. I don’t know much about fighting, but I can heal you, and besides…” He holds up a backpack filled with vials and thermos. “You’ll need these.”

OOC: SUPERHERO TIME oh wait I’m all the villains. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OOC: Have to get off for tonight, sorry. Won’t be on much tomorrow, double sorry. If you just want to bust random criminals, you are free to do so.

1 Like

Ivan turns around to see Simon run close. “He immediately laughs, “Vell, look vhat za bear dragged in!” He grabs Simon by the shoulder and walks along side him. “Ve vill vanquish evil, and za blood of our enemies shall be spilt! To za hideout!” Ivan leads Simon to his house, a small place that has not been cared for for a long time,

OOC: Surprise! One last post!

IC: Simon laughs and follows along.

Meanwhile, Frederick puts out a new sign.
INSECT CONTROL FOR 3 HOURS: 75$

It seems he’s mastered creating specific serums…for this type, anyway.

Scott got his food, ate it, and went home. Maybe I should become a superhero? It could be fun. He continued to think about it until he got home.