Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Topic

A random direct was drop today, the next fighter is confirmed to a Arms rep.

While the candidate wasn’t pick yet, it previewed the current roaster; including one that are either a spirit/assist trophy within the game.

3 Likes

Looks like autocorrect had a fun time here.

Personally I want the Mummy, but likelihood seems to fall on Max Brass for the rep. He’s significantly more tied to ARMS than the Mummy is, as his design is… A mummy with arms from ARMS.

IMO all the other characters have equal chance, except Hex and the one villain woman with green hair whom I was so disinterested in that I never bothered to remember her name. Those two Nintendo and the community made a big deal out of, so they might have a better chance.

I only care for the green jelly man.

1 Like

I played the game once, randomly chose the ponytail girl, and somehow destroyed everyone despite being really not even knowing how the controls worked. So I guess I’d want her.

Anyways, I hope what they do is just skins being each character (Like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings), though that is unlikely.

I also would like it to be that way. I feel that it’s plausible but I don’t know if in the actual game each character plays very different or not.

1 Like

They all play slightly different but I have a feeling it’s not enough to justify separate fighters

1 Like

I’m placing my bets on goop man.

I don’t have a Switch and I haven’t played Arms, but I know of that character, and out of anyone he’d fit into Smash extremely well.

1 Like

Dr. Coyle.

Helix

Ribbon Girl

1 Like

Ftfy.

1 Like

I always think of him as Goop, but I think that’s my Ben 10 influence showing. :stuck_out_tongue: I hope he’s the one added, though; he’s my favorite Arms candidate based on the design (and from what I’ve seen of the game, I’m not sure the differentiation between them gets any deeper than that).

1 Like

No, it’s like… Twintelle, or something. She doesn’t even use arms, just ponytails.

I actually saw some kind of poll on what I assume was an irrelevant website, and she was the most wanted one

Ribbon Girl is the one who has a ponytail:

Twintelle’s hair looks a bit more like pigtails:

Oh, well, she’s the one I meant

So, here’s something I’m surprised no one’s brought up before.

Why aren’t Octolings in ultimate? They’ve been a popular alternative to the inkling, and I’d say now are equal with inklings in terms of popularity and recognition.

Hell, the DLC that introduced playable octolings came out months before Ultimate’s release, and that was almost two years ago.

We can get Sans, we can get an Arms rep, we can get the heckin’ Mario plant. But we can’t get a little Veemo?

If they were put in from the start as either alternate costumes for inkling or as echo fighters of inkling it would have been fine. But now, it might be too late. I’ve never played Splatoon but I think designing a completely new moveset for octolings would be too much effort

Well why couldn’t they be released as DLC echo fighters now? Or even new costumes? If the mii characters can get new costumes for new characters, why not other fighters?

They could definitely do it as Mii costumes but doing it as an echo fighter dlc character would be highly disappointing.

Hm. True.

Though getting some more Splatoon characters in Smash would be great. There are a number of different characters I can think of that are prominent enough to deserve their own movesets.

1 Like

In my opinion, the only character from Splatoon that would be different enough for their own moveset is Octavio. Everyone else is either so minor they wouldn’t really make good fighters, or too similar to Inklings to be separate. I’d much rather representation from other games not yet represented with fighters, or even characters from present series that have a unique aspect if they were to appear(Ehem Bandanna Dee), over a character that would feel like a glorified Echo.

Now, if they did an echo as a type of “bonus character” available only with the fighter pass, I’d feel a little better about it, but I still don’t think I’d be overjoyed by the prospect.

3 Likes

I will stand by the .05% chance that Spider-Man will make it into the game because both he and Joker are PS4 exclusives

1 Like