Suuuuuper smaaaaaash brotherrrrs!

I only have 3DS version

Can the two connect over WiFi?

1 Like

No, 3DS and Wii U matches have to be separate.

I was thinking if this became a thing there could be a night for 3DS and a night for Wii U each week.

1 Like

no

it just means you’re Jerma.

1 Like

I guess I’d main wii swordsman

/s

I main marth

BTW does anyone have any mii fighters on em?

I could put something together for 3DS, but not owning Smash 3DS myself, I wouldn’t be able to participate.

@JMP My brother made a few, but I basically never use them.

-MT

1 Like

Now owning a 3ds, I’ll get smash eventually.

1 Like

I have a Swordfighter that I’m pretty good at. I’ve built some of all three types, but for whatever reason I’m only good with Swordfighter.

2 Likes

…I’m the same…

…coincidence? I THINK NOT

1 Like

You arent spam shouting wakka wakka wakka wakka
And eating ghosts are you?

So you should be perfectly fine!

2 Likes

So is there significant interest in a 3DS tournament? I’d be willing to put one together, even if I can’t play, if there is.

Also, for the next Smash Wii U tournament, I do have a few details to share.

It’ll be a Round Robin style tournament, where everyone plays each other once, and the players with the two best records advance to the finals. If we get enough players (over 6), I’ll probably split it into two divisions, with each division’s winner advancing to the finals.
I’ll probably cap the player limit at 10
It’ll be done entirely during one day, probably over the span of an hour-an hour and a half.
February 14 at around 3-4 PM EST is looking like the most likely start time right now, though flexibility is certainly a thing if people want to do it sometime else.

Any thoughts?

-MT

2 Likes

I could probably host a 3DS tournament… if we can find out rules if there are more than 4 players.
That should give me time to find out if my internet works.

On the topic, I got a Pikachu amiibo today. Not sure yet if it was worth it or not.

1 Like

Chances are it won’t be.

Also, there is a round robin online Smash Bros tournament taking place on February 14 (which I’m tenatively naming "Lovers’ Quarrel due to the timing), beginning at 3 PM EST and probably ending around 4-4:30 PM. As of now, we have 5 participants; if anyone else wants to join, you’re welcome to jump in; I’ll probably cap entrants at 12 or so if we get that high.

Here’s a temp ruleset if anyone’s interested; it’ll basically be a round robin tournament with a small playoff between the players with the best records at the end.

-MT

ahem

I once heard an Amiibo(I forgot which one) nearly wiped out a whole tournament of players…so there’s that.

It’s worth keeping in mind that at level 50, amiibos do 1.5% as much damage as players do, so it’s not exactly a fair fight.

-MT

Found out that I forgot to save any of my amiibo’s progress yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue:

Notes on ruleset:

Stock limit?

(btw what’s so different about Omega Gamer and Omega Flat Zone?)

2 Likes

I was going to go with 3; that’s what we ran with in Season’s Beatings and it turned out ok. Guess I forgot to add that in.

As for Omega Game and Omega Flat Zone, the issue is that for some…utterly unknown reason…the camera is fully zoomed out at all times when you’re fighting on that stage; meaning that regardless of positioning, you’ll always appear incredibly tiny. It’s something I did just cause I found it annoying, to be honest.

-MT

I’m be interested. I know there are a few other people on these forums who have the 3DS version, can’t say how many of them would be interested though. :confused:

I would, @btmdreadnought is interested (provided we use For Glory rules), and both @CommanderSpencer and @Maethorneth like to play online.

2 Likes

When he says “for glory rules” does that mean FD forms exclusively?

-MT

FD forms, no items. Requirement to play as Fox not necessary, but he wants customizations allowed.