Takuma's AMA

As much as I would love to do an interpretive dance, I don’t think I have the kind of time it would take to do an entire book.

The last thing I’m going to do is confirm something that may or may not ever actually be done.

3 Likes

Hay do you want to voice in my high school major work? Its a ghost movie

Maybe. Send me a PM with more information if you want.

1 Like

Would overwatch murder my laptop if it isn’t specifically a gaming laptop?

I don’t know what your laptop’s specs are so I haven’t the foggiest.

1 Like

Mac or PC?

You gotta use the right tool for the job.

Worst job experience?

Paladin or wizard?

There are many different kinds of “worsts” when you’re talking about job experiences. I could go on all day about the crazy/stupid/bizarre people I’ve put up with over the years. In fact, I have; I regaled many stories about my restaurant days while at Brickfair with @AvohkahTamer, Zatth (from Muro De La Historia), Sumiki and his parents, and the McDonald’s customers who had to put up with our constant laughter.

But if we’re talking about straight up bad experiences, there is one that sticks out in my mind like a thumb still caught in the car door.

I had my first job for 8-9 years, depending on how you want to look at it. I started right after I turned 16 and this happened sometime during that first half-year or so. I remember prepping some food for the lunch rush while one of the “managers” (the position is more-so a manager-in-training deal) was washing dishes behind me. I was constantly a target because I had no girlfriend nor the desire to be in any kind of “relationship” at the time. Again, I was only sixteen. Well she was off on this kick again that day and trying to convince me that my not wanting a girlfriend meant I was clearly asexual to which I stressed, again, that I’m as straight as it gets and my reasons for not wanting a girlfriend were far more practical.

This is the part where it gets ugly. She tells me that I need to go watch a movie (which will remain unnamed) that is supposed to serve as some sort of example of what is going to happen to me (because movies are so accurate for demonstrating these things, right?). Well, I’d never seen the movie, but between commercials, what it was rated for, and even just the title it’s as obvious as somebody nailing a gym sock to your nose what sort of movie it was. I immediately shot her suggestion down stating that “I don’t watch those kinds of movies”. “Why not?” she asks. “You’re sixteen; you’re old enough to make your own decisions and watch things like that.” I tell her that my age and freedom from my parent’s authority to choose or lack thereof have absolutely nothing to do with it. “Then why not watch it?” she asks.

“Because I have morals,” I say.

Her response? She laughs in my face. There’s no shame, no apologies, no remorse whatsoever.

I had to put up with this kind of trash for many years. Even when she was fired she got rehired only a couple years later. We butt heads often and there was frequently an undertone of religious discrimination when she spoke to me, even when it was completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

When I finally quit my job to focus on college full-time, I didn’t burn bridges but I never looked back. Now that I’m out of college, I’m washing dishes part time somewhere else until I can capitalize on my degree. I could have my old job back any time I want. They need help and I’m one of the best workers they ever had. The owner is hilarious and a great guy. I’d easily be making more per hour than I do with my current job. But I’m not going back because that same woman, who has had the gall to ask me to come back on multiple occasions, still works there. Screw that. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life and I haven’t even mentioned the parts where she’s actually no good at her job.

I’ll bet you weren’t expecting a novella for an answer, were you?

For many years I was always drawn to the spell casting type characters. Being able to throw fireballs and perform other supernatural feats always seemed more appealing than mundane archetypes who swung swords or knocked arrows. As of late though, I’ve broadened my horizons and my tastes. Sometimes it’s fun to be in the middle of the fight, sending foes flying through the airs while their pitiful blows ricochet off my armor. There’s something satisfying in setting up the perfect kill, striking from the shadows, and disappearing like mist on a hot summer’s day.

If I had to guess, I’d say Skyrim is to blame for this change of heart. If you go full mage in that game, you’re either constantly running out of magicka, which is no fun, or you’ve finally managed to enchant your way to 0-cost spells, which is not challenging and, ergo, no fun.

10 Likes

Well I sure wouldn’t go back to that job. I’ve never had a girlfriend and I’m 17 and it’s probably going to be that way until college or maybe afterwards, who knows. I haven’t had to deal with people who are so rude about it though, maybe that will change when I get different jobs.

Sauron comes to mind.

3 Likes

What product are you most excited for from E3? Also, did you watch BE3? If so, Dishonored 2 or Prey?

I actually missed E3 this year so I don’t really know anything and I have no idea what BE3 is.

You’re not going to watch the TTV talks?

Don’t worry bro, you weren’t the only one who missed it. I just watched some recap videos. BE3was Bethesda’s conference, (just thought up a funny game dev tycoon art piece for Bailout Electronics Entertainment Expo. BE3? Anyone?) where they unveiled Skyrim remasteted, Quake Champions, some Fallout 4 crud, Dishonored 2 and they’re new game Prey. Which looks kinda like the Matrix and Alien.

if you could wipe out one species of animal what would it be?

So, having caught myself up to speed…

…it all looks absolutely boring and uninteresting. I just want my Cosmic Star Heroine, dadgummit.

Wow, that’s a hard one. I guess it would depend on whether or not I have to worry about the ecological side effects of said extinction.

1 Like

then lets say that it dose not. all that will change is that the species you pick will just be fully wiped out and everything else will be fine.

What game have you played that told the best story, both in how it told the story and what it told?