The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Gilahu So, I’m really good at procrastinating, lol.

Anyways, backstory is up. Sorry it took so long. I wasn’t super sure what to do about Syrai’s death, but I gave it a shot. Wouldn’t let me edit the post, so I put it in as a reply. Hopefully a mod will fix it at some point.

I’d be willing to do Krika if you don’t want to. I’ve got a lot of spare white parts lying around with nothing to use them on. Exams finally ended, so I’ve got a lot more free time on my hands. Not sure how you feel about me doing three Makuta though? I’d also hate to see the build you have already go to waste.

Once again, I do feel the need to stress how grateful I am to be able to be a part of this project at all. I’ve lurked around this post for a long time (December 2015), before I dug up enough courage to ask for a slot, you giving me two of them means a lot. Thank you so much for the opportunity. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The Krika MOC was a bit barebones, but I’m not sure how to proceed on that issue unless someone really wants to take up making a Krika MOC again.

1 Like

take me off the list, Gil.

1 Like

My procrastination will soon come to an end. I have something I really like, but due to my own laziness, my workspace (and motivation) has been gone. I am however, about to get it back, and I have several months of unexpressed inspiration.

I know I don’t deserve this, but the model I started before losing my workspace, really wants to b finished by my brain…

1 Like

@Gilahu I’ve still got plans to finish mine. I need to crank out some arms and a suitable head and he’ll be good to go.

1 Like

I promise to have a backstory for you tomorrow. I’d then be willing to do another MoC, since there’s still plenty.
Sorry for the wait, on one hand having a life is cool, but there’s also less time to focus on stuff like this XD.

1 Like

@Maarlfox

Sure, give it a try if you want. We’ll keep this unofficial, though, until you’re finished.
I’m personally going to build Krika anyway, but since I took my WIP apart except for the scythe, the lower legs and the head I’m probably not going to finish him anytime soon.

Updated list is in post 1157
Rules can be found in post 1157 and additions in post 1
There are Makuta to be assigned again

@Gilahu

Send me another one if you like! I’m not gonna make it as large-scale a project this time though.

3 Likes

I might join this. Once I get access to parts.

1 Like

@Gringat

Ok, I’ll put you on the list for another non canon male Makuta, then. Looking forward to your next MOC!

Chirox is still effectively done, I still haven’t gotten around to getting the mask and blades, it will happen eventually.
I am very tempted to rebuild kraiden, I feel like I could do a lot better now, since I’m not really working on anything else I might if you’re alright with it.

If you’re willing to take a suggestion:
Make him slender, similar to prime soundwave, I feel that body shape makes his set form be more cohesive, the previous krika was too bulky imo.

1 Like

OK, I put the backstory up on the MoC topic. If there’s anything that needs changing, let me know, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a couple timeline or Canon issues, as my lore is a little rusty right now. I decided go with your suggestion of having him help create the Zivon.

1 Like

Definitely do so if you want. The drawing is already done, however.

For the best.
Things went wrong, looks like matoro mahri after a run in with karzahni.
I think I’m just gonna leave well enough alone, if the art is already done anyway it’s kinda redundant.

Could I reserve two male Makuta?

@Gilahu The moc is complete (at least the first version, I may update some parts later), pictures will be up by the end of the week but I may need some help with the backstory at some point.

1 Like

@Payinku

Well, I’ll see how my revamp eventually turns out, then :wink:
Presently I still only have her sword - which you never commented on, by the way - and maybe a design for her buckler.
Biggest problem for me will be including enough sand blue in the colour scheme…

@Samtastictogo

Only one. Once that one’s done and accepted you can do another if you like. Shall I put you on the list?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’d be excellent

@Samtastictogo

Ok, I’ll put you on the list for a non canon male Makuta, then. Also make sure to read the rules if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I’d be willing to work on another Makuta, if you wouldn’t mind putting me on the list…

1 Like