The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Yo, Gilahu. I’ve noticed that a lot of Makuta have unique masks, and I had a thought: where did they all come from? Now, I know we have a Makuta who tried to be a Mask Maker, Wreigth, but what if he wasn’t the only one? What if there was a Makuta before him who was the Brotherhood’s official mask maker? Then, something happens to him, and Wreigth tries to replace him. I dunno if you have a back story for Vekaron (one of my Makuta) but even if you already do, feel free to add this to your backstories ideas list. If you think it works, that is. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a small update,
Chirox- still missing mask, swords, now also down fingers, will bricklink parts eventually, still finished otherwise.
Teridax- rebuilt legs from knees down, far more stable, looks better, expect topic soon.

4 Likes

@Racie02[quote=“Racie02, post:1278, topic:14663”]
a lot of Makuta have unique masks
[/quote]

Well, we don’t know if they’re unique :wink:

I personally always imagined that the Makuta were kinda created with masks - as soon as they rose from the Antidermis pool Mata Nui gave each of them one. Perhaps Artakha created them all - after all the Kraahkan was made by Artakha, too. Plus the Makuta’s Kanohi were made from Protosteel which makes Artakha as the creator of these masks even more likely.

So I don’t really see a reason for another Makuta mask maker.

I have some very rough ideas, but nothing specific yet. He definitely is a scientist, though.

Post 1 is updated again
There are still Makuta to be assigned

2 Likes

I have taken too long on this. Wow, I’m terrible at getting MOCs built.

Hopefully by the end of this week. No promises this time, which will hopefully be a better motivator for me.

4 Likes

That whole timeline thing is taking far longer and is getting way more complex than I expected :stuck_out_tongue: I’m on page 6 ( that part up above took up like… 1 page and a third of the second) by now and haven’t even started with Karda Nui… I haven’t even started specifically going through the list and adding stuff about all the Makuta.

Maybe I manage to finish it this week…

Post 1 is updated again

2 Likes

I have a makuta moc, no name, just called makuta right now, made him for a contest.

Can I be part of this?

here, have a pic
Makuta
before anyone says “it’s barbielo” read the description please

@Samtastictogo try me

7 Likes

I like the chrome Mask of Control

3 Likes

@Asriel

I like the look of him, but he’s a little too small and simple in terms of what I’d like for this project, I fear.

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

So do you have to be assigned a makuta or can you just make one? I don’t quite understand

The “to be assigned” part of the list shows which Makuta are still needed. For example since there are no more female Makuta on this list you aren’t allowed to do a female one.

If you want to participate you have to tell me in advance which Makuta from the “to be assigned” list you want to do - which currently is either a non-canon male Makuta whom you can completely make up yourself - as long as he fits the rules - or Makuta Kojol, who is a canon character and thus already has an existing backstory. Otherwise there’s nothing known about Kojol, though, so in terms of the MOC you can do whatever you like best - as long as it fits the rules.

Post 1 is updated again

Ok thanks

Can I pitch my Makuta: Quatza?
He is a male Makuta, dark red, mata red and black, wears the Mask of stealth and (sorry, I only have 1 G1 set) is made from a combination of CCBS and Technic. *Update, you’ll be glad to hear I recently got a mixed kg of G1 parts so Quatza is now almost 100% G1 parts! He’s a modified Toa metru build, black and dark red.
He was a very quiet Makuta, never doing much out of line or remarkable and simply followed orders.

@Gilahu I’m working on revamping Quatza at the moment - I really don’t feel like the moc was good enough for a project like this. He should be done in a few weeks, I’ll try to keep you updated.
Also, i drew some concept art before I actually built him - where does it go? It says the drawing of him is done but I haven’t heard anything of a drawing.
T’anks - Kikoa

@Kikoa

Basically yes, if everything fits the rules. Shall I put you on the list?

Post 1 is updated again

3 Likes

Can you add my makuta Mzaud?

3 Likes

@Morgy

I’ll put you on the list.

@Kikoa

I’m not sure if that like you gave my answering post is meant to simply acknowledge that you have read it or if you want to participate - please tell me if I shall put you on the list.

Finished the timeline - it hopefully contains most of the things that directly involve Makuta in some way. Most of it is based upon the timeline on BS01. I might have modified the backstories of this project’s Makuta somewhat. If you notice any mistakes, please tell me. Textwall incoming.

Timeline

100,000 – 94,000 years ago

• creation of the Makuta by Mata Nui
  • the Makuta form the Brotherhood of Makuta, Miserix becomes their leader
  • Zirolius and Raximoras design and build the Destral fortress
  • Mutran and Icarax are sent to Xia to make the Vortixx lower their prices
  • Zhun leaves the Brotherhood without ever saying why
  • While putting the Zivon into the Field of Shadows, Scairix ends up there, too, he is presumed dead

Number of Makuta: 78/79

94,000 - 87,000years ago

• via Chasnon Miserix recruits Takadox, one of the six Barraki, as a spy for the Brotherhood
  • Ormen takes his experiments with Kraata too far and his body gets weakened beyond repair

87,000 – 80,000 years ago

• the Barraki force Miserix to agree that the Brotherhood provides them with Rahi, Hesbrix leaves the Brotherhood because he doesn’t agree with this
  • Tagah is sent to the Barraki as the Brotherhood’s representative
  • additionally Miserix tasks Teridax with keeping an eye on the League of Six Kingdoms
  • Clanik vanishes on a mission to stabilize a small island’s ecosystem and is presumed dead after a fight with a dangerous Rahi
  • Anjan tries to elevate himself to “Turaga of the Makuta” but his invasion of Destral fails horribly and ends with his death
  • Tagah secretly gets imprisoned by Pridak and is later killed
  • Marzek becomes the first Shadow Makuta as his experiments gradually purge the inner light from him

Number of Makuta: 75/79

80,000 years ago

• Takadox betrays his fellow Barraki and tells the Brotherhood of their plan to overthrow the Great Spirit, Furtaan declares the Brotherhood has to act immediately
  • The Brotherhood assembles an army and Teridax leads it to victory against the Barraki, other Makuta with the army include: Ornek, Xirok, Jarnat, Ahkaxx, Chirox, Furtaan, Erdorn
  • After the Barraki’s defeat various Makuta lead attacks on their remaining fortresses and armies, these Makuta include: Gorast, Mutran, Gantil, Erdorn, Crytoss
  • While using his Kanohi Iden to explore the Matoran Universe, something forcefully pushes Ormen’s spirit back into his weakened body which he doesn’t survive

Number of Makuta: 74/79

79,500 – 79,100 years ago

• the Matoran Civil War breaks out in Metru Nui, starting the Great Disruption
  • Sachel mysteriously dies on a small island near the Southern Continent
  • Miserix eventually orders Teridax to end the war, which he does in the Archives Massacre
  • Hesbrix arrives too late to stop Teridax and gets imprisoned by the latter in a stasis tube
  • Makuta are assigned to regions of the Matoran Universe

Number of Makuta: 73/79

79,100 – 70,000 years ago

• Miserix sends Mutran to find Tren Krom
  • Chirox creates the Visorak which depopulate the island later known as Visorak, following this Miserix forbids Chirox to create more of the spider Rahi
  • Boldorah’s weather experiments damage the Great Spirit Robot’s atmospehric system in the dome surrounding Lharis, in order to save the island’s entire population from dying in the resulting constant storms Boldorah is forced to create 42 Rahkshi of Weather Control, the Matoran of the island, not knowing who was responsible for the storms in the first place, begin hailing Boldorah as their savior, Miserix orders Boldorah to stop his experiments
  • Manguopo vanishes following a Rahi attack on his laboratory
  • Reppirax declares war on the Matoran Universe to purge it from the unfaithful, but is defeated on the southern shore of the Southern Continent by Cenred and Xirok and dies on Destral when his troops get surrounded by Ornek’s reinforcements and the defenders of the fortress, including most other Makuta
  • Aplekisa dies during a sabotaged Rahi experiment
  • Mutran meets Tren Krom and learns about the workings of the Matoran Universe
  • Mutran shares his knowledge with Teridax who calls a Convocation in which he becomes the Brotherhood’s new leader
  • Miserix is imprisoned on Artidax by Krika
  • Hormahk confronts Teridax and is killed in the ensuing fight
  • Marzek asks Teridax for a reliable, strong assistant, Teridax assigns Erdorn to him
  • Gorast and Icarax attack Kindrix in her lab, but Chirox makes them spare her life so he can conduct experiments on her, he imprisons the weakened Kindrix in his lab on Visorak
  • Gorast and Icarax kill Nevantar in his assigned region
  • Gorast kills Napak because she suspects that he helped Furtaan escape
  • Gorast and Icarax catch up to Furtaan on Keetongu’s Island and kill him
  • Gorast and Icarax follow Isthra’s trail back to Destral where they catch her as she talks to Xoth, Gorast and Icarax kill both of them
  • the Makuta decide to force out their inner light, Miserix does so, too, during his imprisonment, Zhun also becomes a Makuta of Shadow since he decides it would be easier to find him if he didn’t
  • Teridax allows Chirox to continue creating Visorak, Chirox creates the Heart of the Visorak and Gorast is sent to conquer the horde
  • the Brotherhood starts recruiting Toa Hagah
  • Spiriah begins with his experiments regarding the Skakdi
  • While Spiriah is away from Zakaz, the Skakdi start a civil war, Teridax is forced to declare Spiriah a rogue agent in order to keep up the good image of the Brotherhood up, Krika places Zakaz under quarantine
  • Jorax is caught sabotaging Brotherhood operations, declared a traitor and executed

Number of Makuta: 64/79

70,000 – 40,000 years ago

• Irutra’s island is transformed into a toxic swamp and the Rahi there mutated into dangerous beasts when an Energized Protodermis vessel bursts, Irutra leaves the island
  • Mazla tries to win some of the rather traditional Rahi creators over for detaching themselves from the Brotherhood to focus on creating Rahi again and nothing else, Tak betrays her, though, and Teridax has her executed
  • Straintol begins to fear Teridax’s wrath should he ever discover that Straintol doesn’t completely believe in the Plan, getting quite paranoid over time he eventually commits suicide after receiving a message that Teridax wants to see him – to assign him a mission…
  • after being allowed to take up his weather experiments again, Boldorah secretly starts experimenting on Matoran
  • after discovering a new plant on one of the southern islands Wanitama is found dead in one of his greenhouses – apparently the plant’s spores were toxic
  • Shornos creates a Rahi immune to Rahi Control and is killed by it whilst trying to stop it from a rampage
  • Wreigth accidentally creates a “Mask of Death” while trying to create a better Mask of Undeath, dons it, and dies
  • the Matoran in Vadkanda’s assigned region decide they have had enough of her and try to imprison her – they succeed, although as a result Vadkanda is crushed by several tons of rock

Number of Makuta: 58/79

40,000 – 30,000 years ago

• the Makuta evolve into gaseous Antidermis, the Nynrah Ghosts are commissioned to craft protosteel armor for the Makuta
  • Piraunga travels to Nynrah in order to have the Nynrah Ghosts build a new weapon, the result, “Energized Antidermis blades” turn out to be extremely effective, but it turns out they directly consume a Makuta’s essence in order to work, which Piraunga realizes too late
  • Tridax discovers an extremely dangerous Rahi in Uloki’s lab on Destral, which takes the combined effort of several Makuta to be defeated, eventually Chisk absorbs it, everyone agrees that the Rahi killed Uloki
  • With help from Mutran and Raximoras, Netrux creates three prototype beings made from half Antidermis and half Protodermis, he calls them Viperex
  • Teridax congratulates Netrux on his creations, but proceeds to “improve” the Viperex’s traits, most of all turning them into willing servants instead of them being true individuals
  • Netrux vehemently disagrees and tries to smuggle the two Viperex Teridax hadn’t yet modified away from Destral
  • Netrux’s Toa assistant is killed by Teridax’s Viperex and one of the other prototypes captured, later the two Viperex now controlled by Teridax capture the first one and kill - Netrux who tries to protect it, Teridax later assigns all three Viperex to Gantil
  • Chisk begins behaving weirdly, the inhabitants of Revra, worried, ask a team of Toa to seal him in the cave he uses as his lair

Number of Makuta: 55/79

30,000 – 3000 years ago

• Raximoras settles on Nynrah to learn from the Nynrah Ghosts
  • Nebunie dies in an accident that results in her landing in a pool of Energized Protodermis
  • one of Boldorah’s captive Matoran manages to flee and tells the other islanders about Boldorah’s doings, the Matoran manage to critically damage Boldorah’s armor and start destroying his Rahkshi – not knowing this would result in the storms returning
  • Boldorah manages to inhabit the armor of one of his Rahkshi and starts putting down the Matoran rebellion, everything ends when Boldorah is hit by a lightning bolt which incinerates his Antidermis after he killed the Matoran leaders
  • Teridax spreads word that Boldorah died during an experiment, Mutran is sent to finally fix the damage in the atmospheric system around Lharis, the storms stop
  • a prisoner escapes from the Brotherhood’s secret prison camp commanded by Cenred, Teridax is forced to declare Cenred acted independently and Tridax’s Toa Hagah team is sent to imprison Cenred
  • Teridax orders Cenred to stay on Destral for the time being, but Cenred refuses and leaves to take his revenge on the ex-prisoner selling him out
  • Vamprah and some Dark Hunters are sent after Cenred to kill him, which they eventually do
  • Vyrdran is sent to recover an artifact from Zakaz which Spiriah supposedly left there and which played a role in giving the Skakdi elemental powers, Vyrdran finds this artifact, but impatient to get back to Destral, he isn’t careful enough and gets killed as the artifact bursts and unleashes several Nova blasts worth of concentrated elemental energy
  • Yandra is discovered dead in her laboratory, it is believed she died from a long time of passive exposure to various chemicals

Number of Makuta: 50/79

3000 – 2500 years ago

• the Brotherhood discretely starts killing all Toa of Iron and Magnetism that aren’t assigned to Toa Hagah teams, additionally the Makuta start monitoring Fe- and Fa- Matoran
  • the Dark Hunters discover Falkin spying on them, to restore good terms between their organizations, Teridax is forced to hand over Falkin as a hostage to the Shadowed One who threatens to execute Falkin if the Brotherhood ever again took measures against the Dark Hunters
  • the Brotherhood hires Roodaka
  • Jsasax mutates Voporak to be sensitive towards the Vahi, should it ever come into existence, Voporak is later lent to the Dark Hunters and becomes loyal to the Shadowed One
  • Irutra tries to get access to Voporak’s time-based powers, but dies when he exposes himself to Voporak’s time field for too long

Number of Makuta: 49/79

2500 years ago

• Kojol is ordered by Teridax to retrieve the Avohkii from Artakha, he does so in the Raid on Artakha
  • Kojol mysteriously dies in a Xian foundry
  • Jarnat is killed on one of his missions by Tobduk

Number of Makuta: 47/79

2500 – 1300 years ago

• the Brotherhood commissions the Nynrah Ghosts to build an army of Fohrok
  • the Nynrah Ghosts learn of the foul intentions of the Brotherhood and sabotage the nearly finished Fohrok, they lock Raximoras in his workshop where he is overwhelmed and killed by the uncontrollable Fohrok
  • Tridax has the responsible Nynrah Ghosts executed, Teridax’s Toa Hagah destroy any remaining Fohrok
  • Manguopo returns unexpectedly and begins asking questions about what happened in the meantime

Number of Makuta: 46/79

1300 years ago

• Teridax’s Toa Hagah learn of the Raid on Artakha and steal the Avohkii and the Makoki Stone from Destral
  • Teridax executes Karthax for failing to stop the Toa Hagah
    upon the rebellion of Teridax’s Toa Hagah team most Makuta who also have Hagah teams assigned to them kill theirs, only few Toa Hagah survive
  • Zirolius dies because absorbing his complete Toa Hagah team at once proves to be too much for him
  • Teridax sends Chasnon into the the deeper parts of the Great Spirit Robot to apply the virus
  • Troodax is sent to hunt down any surviving Toa of Iron and Magnetism
  • Ornek launches an invasion on Zakaz, to gain control of the island, enslave its inhabitants and turn them into soldiers for the Brotherhood
  • the Skakdi take Ornek by surprise with their ferocity and strength, cut off from reinforcements Ornek fights to his death, the reinforcements – mostly Visorak – retreat under the command of a lieutenant named Sidorak
  • Kraiden manages to escape from Zakaz and is tasked with finding and eliminating rogue Makuta since they are a potential threat
  • Rerekei, never a true supporter of Teridax, lets her armor be destroyed in a Matoran rebellion led by a former Toa Hagah, her Antidermis eventually dissipates
  • upon the mutation of Teridax’s Toa Hagah, Sidorak claims this as his idea which earns him command over the Visorak horde – the remainder of Ornek’s army
  • Xirok leads an expedition to Keetongu’s island to silence Manguopo, Manguopo is killed, the Visorak in Xirok’s retinue kill or mutate most of the island’s Rahi
  • Chasnon infects the Great Spirit with the virus, Teridax instructs him to wait where he is and observe

Number of Makuta: 41/79

1300 – 1001 years ago

• Crytoss is sent on a mission to the southern islands after the Brotherhood received a strange message from there
  • Erdorn captures a Toa for Marzek to experiment on
  • Marzek’s lab is attacked by the Toa’s teammates, Erdorn is hurled into machinery which overloads him with shadow energy, killing him, Marzek is shoved into a pool of Energized Protodermis
  • Ahkaxx’s disobedience causes Teridax to hire Dark Hunters to eliminate her, the Dark Hunters fail
  • Kraiden manages to track down Zhun who finally faces her on Visorak, in the ensuing fight Zhun kills Kraiden and disappears again
  • some surviving Toa Hagah team up and try to find out what the Brotherhood is planning, they target Syrai, in the ensuing fight the Toa are killed and Syrai’s armor badly damaged
  • Syrai manages to inscribe everything she knows about the Plan into the wall of a cave on Lharis before her Antidermis dissipates, Teridax later finds this place, adds parts to the text and encrypts everything, a Brotherhood fortress is later built above the cave
  • Vekaron is attacked and killed by a former Toa Hagah of Iron
  • Morathix vanishes without a trace, he is presumed dead

Number of Makuta: 35/79

1001 years ago

• Teridax begins preparing for taking direct control of Metru Nui by creating the Karzahni plant and later the Morbuzakh
  • Teridax takes Turaga Dume’s place, instructs the Toa Mangai to close the sea gates and has them killed by the Dark Hunter Eliminator
  • Teridax tasks the Mask Maker Vakama with creating the Mask of Time
  • Teridax unleashes the Morbuzakh upon Metru Nui
  • Teridax places the Matoran in Matoran Spheres
  • Mata Nui falls asleep, the Great Cataclysm happens
  • Hesbrix dies as parts of the Archives collapse and smash the stasis tube he’s in
  • Kindrix dies inside the vat Chirox has kept her in when the lab’s ceiling collapses
  • Chasnon’s armor is crushed, his Antidermis later dissipates
  • Chisk is crushed in his lair, his Antidermis later dissipates
  • contact to Crytoss breaks off, Teridax later finds his remains
  • Teridax absorbs the Dark Hunters Nidhiki and Krekka, but is defeated and imprisoned by the Toa Metru, the Vahi vanishes in the Silver Sea
  • Teridax calls for the Visorak horde
  • Sidorak is killed and the Visorak horde disbanded, nonetheless Roodaka manages to free Teridax
  • the Shadowed One confronts Teridax, after learning what happened to Nidhiki and Krekka he attacks Teridax, but Teridax wins the fight, the Shadowed One declares war on the Brotherhood
  • Vakama forces Teridax to agree to leave the Matoran alone for a year by threatening to destroy the recovered Vahi
  • Falkin is executed on Odina
  • the Great Cataclysm opens an Energized Protodermis leak below Kaihodian’s facility, he dies trying to close it

Number of Makuta: 28/79

1000 years ago

• Icarax decides to take matters into his own hands, assembles an army of Manas and attacks the Northern Continent, Teridax stops him, but lets him live
  • Dark Hunters who had been working as informants for Jormuntrax gang up on him and kill him
  • after already having eliminated most of the Matoran Universe’s Toa of Iron and Magnetism, Troodax attacks Toa Zaria, the Toa is forced to kill Troodax

Number of Makuta: 26/79

999 – 300 years ago

• Teridax changes his Plan and begins harassing the Matoran on Mata Nui
  • Ahkaxx is killed by Dark Hunters
  • Scarla is sent to more closely investigate the network of tunnels leading to the island of Mata Nui – something there ends up tearing her to shreds, however, her Antidermis eventually dissipates
  • Zurta is killed by Dark Hunters
  • after sacrificing Netrux’s Viperex to deal a critical strike to the Dark Hunters – which fails – Gantil attacks Antroz in rage and is killed by the Makuta of Xia

Number of Makuta: 22/79

300 years ago

• Tethis discovers Voya Nui and the fortress of the Barraki, while infiltrating the fortress, she is crushed by the descending Mahri Nui

Number of Makuta: 21/79

300 – 250 years ago

• the Dark Hunters conquer the Brotherhood’s fortress on Lharis

250 years ago

• Zaktan discovers the inscriptions of the Plan in the fortress on Lharis and destroys them after reading them
  • the Brotherhood recaptures the fortress on Lharis

250 – 5 years ago

• Xirok notices increased ship travel around Daxia, he sends scouts which don’t return and eventually lands with an expedition on Daxia himself, soon after, contact breaks off
  • Moldavanka dies in an accident whilst trying to create a new sort of Rahi

Number of Makuta: 19/79

5 years ago

• Gorast recruits Vultraz for the Brotherhood

5 – One and half years ago

• Lomois is killed by Tobduk whilst searching for the island of Artakha

Number of Makuta: 18/79

One and a half years ago

• Teridax is challenged in Mangaia by the Toa Mata and lets them believe they defeated him
  • Teridax awakens the Bohrok swarms to buy more time

One year and three months ago

• the Mask of Light is rediscovered by Takua, Teridax sends Rahkshi to retrieve it
  • Ta-Koro is mostly destroyed by the Rahkshi
  • Onu-Koro is destroyed in the fight between the Toa Nuva and the Rahkshi
  • at Kini-Nui the Rahkshi are defeated by the Toa Nuva
  • Turahk kills Jaller, Takua becomes Takanuva
  • while fighting Takanuva, Teridax and the Toa of Light fall into Mangaia’s pool of Energized Protodermis, becoming Takutanuva
  • Takutanuva opens the gate to Metru Nui and revives Jaller, then gets smashed by the gate, Teridax is presumed dead but actually survived in his gaseous state
  • the Piraka enter Mangaia and Teridax plants information about the Ignika in their minds

One year and three months – one year and one week ago

• Mutran, Chirox and Tridax succeed in creating Shadow Leeches
  • Tridax starts capturing Takanuva from other dimensions and using Shadow Leeches on them
  • Vultraz discovers the entry to Karda Nui, but chooses not to tell anyone
  • Erevor decides he’s done with serving the Brotherhood and begins traveling north, recruiting some Visorak on the way and depopulating Ba-Koro, he is declared rogue by Teridax and to be killed upon sighting
  • Gorast finds out about Vultraz’s knowledge about Karda Nui’s entrance and tries to kill him, but Icarax protects the Matoran
  • Antroz is ordered to take the most skilled Makuta available to Karda Nui and capture the Av-Matoran, he chooses Chirox, Vamprah, Mutran, Krika, Bitil, Gorast and Icarax
  • Icarax refuses to go, so Antroz takes Thorkahn with him instead
  • Erevor learns about Karda Nui and the Av-Matoran, he decides to go there
  • at the entrance to Karda Nui Antroz’s team and Erevor meet, Erevor manages to kill Thorkahn, but is in turn killed by Bitil
  • the Siege of Karda Nui begins
  • Teridax follows the Piraka to Voya Nui and takes up residence inside a crystal vat, he allows the Piraka to use his Antidermis to enslave the Matoran
  • Teridax’s new body is destroyed in a fight between Axonn and Brutaka
  • Teridax possesses Matoro’s body for a short time while Matoro used his Iden when the Toa Inika were traveling down the Cord, he leaves it when the other Toa threaten to destroy Matoro’s body
  • Teridax takes possession of a Maxilos robot in the Pit, aiding the Toa Mahri against the Barraki
  • Icarax, ordered by Teridax to retrieve the Staff or Artakha, does this and defeats Onua on the way
  • Teridax and Matoro find Tuyet’s corpse and Teridax makes Matoro reanimate it to get the shards of the Nui Stone
  • at Mahri Nui Icarax hands over the Staff of Artakha to Teridax
  • Karzahni attacks Teridax with an army of Manas to get the staff, but is defeated by the Makuta
  • Brutaka snatches the staff from Teridax as the latter tries to repair the (false) Nui Stone with it and hands the staff over to Botar who teleports away with it
  • Teridax tells Matoro that the Toa need to destroy the Cord
  • Teridax battles and temporarily defeats the Barraki in order to buy time for the Toa Mahri, the Maxilos robot eventually is torn apart by the Barraki’s minions, Teridax leaves for Metru Nui
  • Mata Nui dies
  • Teridax slips into the core processor, thus taking control of the Great Spirit Robot
  • Matoro uses the Mask of Life while falling into Karda Nui, reviving Mata Nui and blinding Antroz, Chirox and Vamprah

Number of Makuta: 16/79

One year ago

• Icarax kills Botar and badly wounds Trinuma
  • Spiriah is caught by the Order of Mata Nui and forced to accompany Brutaka on his mission to free Miserix
  • Spiriah tries to take control with a tribe of allied Zyglak and to take revenge on the Skakdi, but in the end is forced to continue with the original mission
  • Brutaka’s team finds Miserix on Artidax, Miserix absorbs Spiriah
  • Icarax attacks Takanuva with a Shadow Leech, turning him into a Toa of Light and Shadow
  • Icarax recovers the Kraahkan and starts wearing it, he then returns to Destral
  • the Toa Nuva arrive in Karda Nui, the Ignika forms itself a body
  • Antroz sends Vican to request Icarax’s help
  • Icarax decides to comply
  • the Toa manage to destroy the Makuta’s hive where Mutran was producing more Shadow Leeches
  • Icarax attacks Toa Ignika and is transformed back into an organic being
  • Helryx declares war on the Brotherhood of Makuta
  • Miserix absorbs Jsasax after the Makuta of Stelt told him where to find Teridax
  • Axonn and Brutaka fall into the Antidermis pool, Brutaka establishes a link with the substance (becoming half Makuta?)
  • Vezon arrives on Destral and is brought to Tridax
  • the Order of Mata Nui launches its attack on Destral, Tridax is killed by Tobduk before he can teleport the island away, but he still manages to send a telepathic message to Dredzek, Tak is crushed when the fortress is destroyed, his Antidermis later dissipates
  • Dredzek, as the last Makuta of the Brotherhood outside of Karda Nui takes command over the Brotherhood’s army and attacks Metru Nui
  • Jaller, Hahli and Nuparu manage to get the Visorak horde destroyed on Artidax
  • the other Barraki are released and start fighting the Brotherhood, Pridak conquers the fortress on Lharis and discovers the destroyed inscriptions in its secret chamber
  • Helryx, Axonn, Brutaka, Keetongu, the Toa Hagah, Zaktan and Miserix reach the Core Processor
  • Teridax seemingly kills Zaktan, traps Miserix in an illusion, traps the Toa Hagah in another one and teleports Axonn, Brutaka (after destroying his Olmak) and Keetongu away
  • Krika destroys the Codrex’s shield and Icarax proceeds to crush the Codrex and the Toa inside, but is attacked and killed by Gorast, Vamprah and Mutran for betraying the Plan before he can do so
  • after learning of the energy storm Krika tries to warn the other Makuta, but Gorast kills him
  • the Great Spirit Robot starts to awaken and thus the energy storms start in Karda Nui
  • Mutran dies trying to study the energy storm
  • Bitil dies trying to teleport away from the energy storm
  • Gorast, Antroz, Vamprah and Chirox die in the energy storms
  • the Brotherhood’s army attacking Metru Nui is destroyed as the Great Spirit Robot awakens, Dredzek manages to escape

Number of Makuta: 4/79

Teridax’s reign: around six months – about the present time

• the Great Spirit Robot reawakens, the Brotherhood’s forces attacking Metru Nui are defeated
  • Teridax announces his victory to the Toa, Turaga and Matoran
  • Teridax banishes Mata Nui’s spirit into the Ignika and expells it from the Matoran Universe
  • Teridax scans the entire Matoran Universe for any surviving Makuta – especially for those who were never verified as dead
  • Teridax finds Dredzek hiding on Versuva and Zhun disguised as a Skakdi hermit on Zakaz, he captures both and forces them to create an army of Rahkshi for him before killing them, with Dredzek’s death the Brotherhood is no more
  • Teridax’s Rahkshi conquer Odina
  • Teridax recreates the Visorak
  • the Skakdi warlord Nektann allies himself with Teridax
  • Teridax obliterates the Daxia fortress, killing mayn Order of Mata Nui members
  • the Turaga of Metru Nui are captured, Ahkmou becomes “Turaga”
  • Teridax prepares to leave Aqua Magna
  • Teridax notices the arrival of the Alternate Teridax and sends some of Tridax’s surviving Shadow Takanuva to kill him – to no avail
  • (Teridax compiles the Book of the Brotherhood)
  • Brutaka, Axonn, Tuyet, Tren Krom in Lewa’s body, Kapura and Hafu arrive at the Core processor
  • Tren Krom frees Miserix from the illusion
  • Teridax leaves Aqua Magna
  • Artakha teleports into the Core processor and gives Lewa back his body
  • Teridax teleports everyone inside the Core Processor out of the Matoran Universe, they are rescued by Vezon and brought to Bota Magna, where they meet the mad Great Being
  • Teridax gathers his Rahkshi army in the south, Nektann is commanded to lead his warriors there, too
  • Teridax arrives on Bara Magna and confronts Mata Nui
  • Teridax unleashes his armies onto Bara Magna – they are followed by an army of Toa, Matoran and Order of Mata Nui members
  • Teridax activates his gravity powers but Mata Nui manages to redirect them at Bota and Aqua Magna
  • Tahu manages to defeat Nektann and uses the Golden Armor to destroy all Rahkshi on Bara Magna
  • Mata Nui shoves Teridax into the path of one of the moons, the Core Processor is crushed, Teridax dies, the Matoran Universe is heavily damaged, Spherus Magna is reunited

Number of Makuta in the main universe: 2/80 (Miserix and Alternate Teridax)

11 Likes

Lotta words. Amazing work.

3 Likes

@Kikoa

Ok, I’ll put you on a list for a non canon male Makuta then.

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

Crytoss’ mission was after the Great Cataclysm. Other than that, pretty neat.

1 Like

@Leoxander

I changed Crytoss’ backstory a bit for the Book of the Brotherhood because I didn’t want to directly involve any of the “civilization on the southern islands” stuff. Instead I let contact to him break off around the Great Cataclysm and Teridax later find Crytoss’ remains. Thus Crytoss could have died in multiple ways, but it’s easier to fit into canon lore.

Post 1 is updated again

This has to be the best way to die. Just put on a mask and poof. Instant death.

Also, on Straintol, maybe add in at the end there “Ironically, Teridax genuinely wanted him for a mission. Since it was a science experiment, he easily made do with Mutran after learning of Straintol’s death.”

Unless you want to have it where Teridax actually DID want him dead, in which case, that’s cool too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also funny to me. Mutran’s just like “hey, I’m here in this deadly storm, maybe I should study it.”

3 Likes