The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

He thought he was outside the range of it, but then a bolt hit him or something.

2 Likes

That was the plan. But it wasn’t a scientific mission.

That’s literally what he did. He was like “Sure, it’s dangerous, but what if I can tap it’s power?” If I remember correctly he even realized how to tap said power in the split second before he was incinerated.

Post 1 is updated again
There are still Makuta to be assigned

4 Likes

I’ve known exactly how Crytoss dies for the past three years. It works into canon. I’d just rather not reveal the details because it would spoil Game of Shadows :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You should PM @Gilahu how he dies just so he has something to go off of, I’m sure the suspense is killing him as much as it’s killing me lol

2 Likes

@Leoxander

I just reread what you wrote in Crytoss’ topic.

Yes, everything about the “Scardon Empire” basically doesn’t contradict canon lore. Still I feel that it might be a bit dangerous to directly mention big non-canon factions in the Book of the Brotherhood if this can be avoided.

Yeah, upon rereading you mention a specific time - “during Teridax’s imprisonment at the Great Barrier”, which starts just after the Great Cataclysm.
Still I think that having Crytoss start his mission slightly before the Great Cataclysm would make things easier.
Maybe I should move Crytoss’ first entry to the bottom of the “1300 - 1001 years ago” section or the top of the “1001 years ago” section, though

As long as there’s no way for Teridax to know, I guess I don’t need to specifically know, either.
Anyways, Crytoss’ Book of the Brotherhood entry has been finished for quite some time (and I’d really like to leave it that way) and the last sentences go something like:

During the Great Cataclysm he was bound for the Southern Islands (…) – and vanished. Only after I took over the Great Spirit Robot, was I finally able to locate his empty armor on the bottom of the sea (…), but how it got there, even I can’t tell. It may have been the aftermath of the Great Cataclysm (…).

Post 1 is updated again

1 Like

If there are any left, I’ll give it a go!

2 Likes

@ToaTumult

Currently you can choose between doing a non-canon male Makuta or Makuta Kojol. So which one is it?

Also make sure to read the rules in post 1 beforehand.

Post 1 is updated again

3 Likes

Poor Kojol.

2 Likes

I’m willing to do Kojol. Is there a reason he is one of the last?

Aside from being secretive and getting killed by Tobduk :smirk:

His colours are black and purple, and purple is a really scarce colour outside of Onua and the Protector of Earth. Going back to the people that have tried to do Kojol before, the number one reason has been not enough purple parts.

@Gilahu May I have another non-cannon male makuta?

3 Likes

Alright, I have a decent amount of purple, I’ll see what I can do.
Kojol is now under construction, legs and wings looking great!

Am I allowed to flesh out his history, seeing as his only achievements are basically attacking Artakha and dying?

@ToaTumult

Sure, I’ll put you on the list for Kojol, then.

Actually he doesn’t have a canon colour scheme. The purple was only something I mentioned I’d use if I’d build him. People keep forgetting that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I figured that since he a) created mostly water Rahi and b) he was the Makuta of Artakha, a quite mystical place, purple would be a good choice - especially the “bluish purple” (as I like to call it) used on the G2 sets.
So Kojol having purple as a primary or secondary colour would definitely be nice, but it’s not necessary.

You can if you want to, as long as it works, but I probably wouldn’t consider it when writing Kojol’s Book of the Brotherhood entry.

@Maarlfox

Sure, I’ll put you on the list.

Oh, by the way - finished drawing 71 today. I’d actually show you a picture of all of them together, but my camera is too good, even though I tried… By zooming in you can see pretty much every detail - something I don’t want yet.

Post 1 is updated again
All Makuta are currently assigned

1 Like

Either way, I decided I liked the black and purple look, but I also incorporated a bit of silver to break the dark color scheme. I’m surprised by what I have done so far, hopefully he will be up later today or tomorrow.

Update: Good news! Kojol is complete and posted at
Makuta Kojol: Book of the Brotherhood Entry

2 Likes

There’s a typo nagging me in the 3rd line of the 1st post :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy…

Now it’s going to nag at me too.

2 Likes

No one cared for two years!

Fixed it :wink:

Post 1 is updated again

5 Likes

Composed a list of all Kanohi used in this project to keep an overview. I changed a few things - feel free to ask me why or propose better solutions. I also still need names for some Kanohi, so feel free to suggest some.
Based on this I’ll add some Kanohi to the forbidden masks list in post 1.

Description of canon masks is copied from BS01. Everything else is either from the Makuta topics, made up by me, or both.

Kanohi list:

Akaku – Great Mask of X-Ray Vision
Wearers: Wreigth, Scairix
Allows its user to see through solid objects and structures. Kanohi Akaku are commonly fitted with telescopic lenses that provide enhanced vision, complementing the masks’ power.

Akanu – Great Mask of Disease
Wearers: Xirok
Allows the user to create large amounts of a virus. In order for this to work the mask has to have had contact to the specific virus beforehand, and only the last virus that made contact with the mask can be recreated. Immoral mask.

Arthron – Great Mask of Sonar
Wearers: Scarla
Allows its user to sense the movement and positions of targets through echolocation. The wearer can also use this mask to examine their surroundings in darkness. This mask is one of the few that can detect an invisible target (like a Kanohi Huna-user). It identifies the general shape and movement of its target, but does not provide details. A Kanohi Arthron is always on at a low level.

Avsa – Great Mask of Hunger
Wearers: Hormakh, Vamprah, Crytoss, Furtaan
Allows its user to drain light, energy, or positive emotions from a target at a distance. The user will absorb the energy removed from their target. This mask can be used to make lightless beings such as Shadow Matoran. The Kanohi Avsa places a psychological barrier in its victims that keeps their light from returning, although the light drain must be complete before the barrier is set. The power scream of Klakk can reverse this by breaking the barrier. Immoral mask.

Ayitaka – Great Mask of Scavenging:
Wearers: Icarax
Allows its user to drain the residual life energy from the bodies of any nearby beings that have just died. This makes the user stronger and more able. Immoral mask.

Brakkax – Great Mask of Memory
Wearers: Morathix, Syrai
Allows the user to remember and replay any memories of his life with extreme precision. The mask itself keeps the memories of all people that wore it before – as such, it can be used to replay memories of others too., although it takes patience and skill to find these particular memories.

Crast – Great Mask of Repulsion
Wearers: Krika
Allows its user to repel other objects for offense or defense; the target cannot touch the user and is flung away with considerable force. The user can also achieve limited flight by repelling the ground. This power cannot be used on more than one target at a time. Immoral mask.

Denkai – Great Mask of Heat
Wearers: Jarnat
Allows the user to heat up the area around him to the point where rock begins to melt.

Delvis – Great Mask of Dulling
Wearers: Gantil
Allows the user to decrease a target’s sensitivity in sight, hearing and pain reception. Immoral mask.

Faxon – Great Mask of Kindred
Wearers: Moldavanka, Kaihodian
Allows its user to mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment – for example, land Rahi.

Felnas – Great Mask of Disruption
Wearers: Gorast
Allows its user to cause any one natural active power of another to go out of control. The user has to be touching their target to affect them. Immoral mask.

Galya – Great Mask of Endurance
Wearers: Napak
Wearer cannot die from physical damage to his body as long as he is wearing the mask and stays focused enough to use it. Immoral mask.

Hanga – Great Mask of Biomechanics
Wearers: Raximoras
Allows its user to mentally interface with machinery and control or influence them, depending on range and complexity of the technology. It also gives the user a minor enhancement of their mechanical strength. The user cannot control the mechanical parts of other beings without their consent, but can slow them down.

Hau – Great Mask of Shielding
Wearers: Wanitama, Chasnon
Allows its user to protect themselves from any physical attack that they are aware of by generating a force field.

Henai – Great Mask of Emulation
Wearers: Lomois
Allows its user to replicate any one power of another sapient being for a short time by analyzing and duplicating it, as long as the user sees the power in use. The length of the process varies, depending on the power analyzed. When copied, the ability becomes like a temporary mask power to the Kanohi user. The user cannot copy Rahi powers, other Kanohi powers, or the powers of a weapon. If the user deactivates the copied power, they will have to recopy it, though the copying time will become progressively shorter with each time the same power is copied. It does, however, reach a state in which the speed of copying cannot become faster.

Hetyr – Great Mask of Sanity
Wearers: Anjan
The wearer can’t use any of his powers without a direct effort of will. This mask makes the wearer immune to mind-based Psionic powers as well as unable to communicate telepathically. This mask is always active. Unique mask.

Huri – Great Mask of Adaptation
Wearers: Tethis
Automatically adapts its user’s body to their surroundings. This includes combat situations, local environments, and current weather conditions. The mask is always on at a low level and sensing the nearby environment, and will alter them immediately if it senses a need for change. The mask’s power returns to a low level after changing the wearer. However, if the mask is knocked off while the user is altered, then they are permanently stuck in that form.

Icthia – Great Mask of Possibilities
Wearers: Mazla
Allows its user to alter the probability of a situation. The mask can be used to increase the chance of a certain event happening, or lessen the likelihood of something occurring.

Iden – Great Mask of Spirit
Wearers: Ormen
Allows its user to temporarily release their spirit from their body. While released, their spirit can move at great speeds and inhabit other living, spiritless biomechanical bodies or self-powered robots. However, their original body will become limp, as there is nothing inhabiting it. Those who wear Kanohi Elda or Kanohi Rode can see and communicate with the user’s released spirit.
While released, the user’s spirit cannot access any of their powers, because the use of powers requires a union of the spirit and the body. Their body is also vulnerable, as they have no way to protect it themselves. If the user’s body is killed, their spirit will eventually fade away, as they have no body to return to; however, if the user’s Iden is destroyed while their body remains intact, the user’s spirit will be forced back into their body.
Multiple Kanohi Iden-users have the ability to swap bodies by sending their spirits into each other’s spiritless bodies. A Toa’s powers are tied to their spirit, however, not their body, so if a Kanohi Iden-using Toa goes into another body, the body will have the spirit’s Elemental Powers (applies to Makuta, too?).

Ifriti – Great Mask of Rage
Wearers: Cenred, Falkin
Allows the wearer to enter a “berserk-mode” when enraged enough. In this state all damage to the wearers body is temporarily fixed by the mask’s power. If the wearer stops being angry, loses the mask or loses consciousness, he will get back to normal. All damage taken during “berserk-mode” will take effect then. Immoral mask.

Imgae – Great Mask of Reflection
Wearers: Vyrdran
Allows the user to see through and emerge from any reflective surface within a 35 kio radius, as long as he has access to such a surface himself. Physical contact is needed.

Iva – Great Mask of Awareness
Wearers: Chisk, Yandra
Makes the wearer aware of everything going on in a radius of 3 bio down to molecular level. This mask is always active on a low level and takes great willpower to constantly wear.

Jutlin – Great Mask of Corruption
Wearers: Antroz, Spiriah
Allows its user to break down inorganic objects within their range of vision by causing them to decompose and rust. Immoral mask.

Kaino – Great Mask of Water
Wearers: Zurta
Enables the user to manipulate water/liquid Protodermis much like a Toa of Water, although on a lower magnitude. The user can only work with existing water.

Karada – Great Mask of Manifestation
Wearers: Marzek
Allows the wearer to summon beings made of shadow from a pocket dimension. These entities can not directly interact with their surroundings, but are able to work as spies or “slip into” beings and amplify their negative emotions like anger or fear. These beings vanish once the mask wearer stops concentrating. Immoral mask.

Kaukau – Great Mask of Water Breathing
Wearers: Jorax
Allows its user to breathe water and liquid protodermis for a limited amount of time.

Kideli – Great Mask of Heat Vision
Wearers: Netrux
Grants the wearer Heat Vision.

Kiril – Great Mask of Regeneration
Wearers: Vekaron, Tridax
Allows its user to repair damage to inorganic objects they can see.

Komau – Great Mask of Mind Control
Wearers: Aplekisa
Allows its user to see into the mind of another and to control them. However, the mask cannot be used to direct someone to act against their morals. Can be used to deliver mental blasts with effects debilitating, but not known to be lethal, to their targets. Because the mask only works on beings with minds, it is useless against robots and some types of Rahi.

Kraahkan – Great Mask of Shadows:
Wearers: (Teridax), (Icarax)
The Kanohi Kraahkan allows its user to access Makuta-level range and strength of power over anger, fear, and Elemental Shadow. It also lets the user see moral darkness in others. The Mask of Shadows will automatically send out Shadow bolts to attack non-Makuta beings who touch it whenever it is not being worn. Even though the mask grants its user Shadow powers, it does not boost any pre-existing Elemental Shadow powers. Immoral mask (?). Unique mask.

Kualsi – Great Mask of Quick Travel
Wearers: Irutra, Thorkahn
Allows its user to instantly move to any place in their field of vision. The user can teleport objects with them, but not other beings. A Kualsi user cannot teleport through energy fields, such as those made by a Kanohi Hau. The user can travel to places they see via a Kanohi Suletu, but the process is very risky.

Lerwan – Great Mask of Tactics
Wearers: Ornek
Allows the user to see everything in sight from bird’s eye view.

Matatu – Great Mask of Telekinesis
Wearers: Zhun, Nebunie
Allows its user to move targets within their range of view by utilizing the power of thought and lets them project Psionic force. This Psionics power grants the user the ability to perform other such feats like generating telekinetic force.

Mautru – Great Mask of Mutation
Wearers: Miserix, Shornos
Allows its user to mutate another living being. The user can also give powers with the mutations. The user can mutate the target from a distance, and the mutation caused by the mask is permanent unless it is undone by the mask user. However, the Mask of Mutation cannot be used to mutate the user. A Mask of Mutation can undo other mutations such as those caused by Hordika Venom, Makuta viruses, and Roodaka’s Rhotuka power, but not those caused by Energized Protodermis. However, reversing a mutation is more difficult without detailed knowledge of the original mutation. (Immoral mask.)

Mohtrek – Great Mask of Time Duplication
Wearers: Bitil
Allows its user to transport one or more past versions of themselves to the present. The user can transport versions of themselves from times when they were not wearing the Kanohi Mohtrek. When these past selves are returned to their times, all memories of what they did are erased, but all physical damage they sustain is kept. If a past self is killed, the user will vanish, and an alternate timeline where they did not exist will be created. The amount of concentration required to keep the past selves in the present increases with the number summoned. Immoral mask.

Narkana – Great Mask of Psychometry
Wearers: Jormuntrax
Allows its user to learn details about the past of an object by making physical contact with it. While the user can see something of an object’s past, they have no real control over how much information they actually receive. This power cannot be used on more than one object at a time, nor does it work on living beings.

Othla – Great Mask of Fear
Wearers: Erevor, Isthra
Allows the user to create an aura of fear that keeps beings with simple minds away. It can also be used to imprint objects or locations with “fear energy”. Immoral mask.

Pakari – Great Mask of Strength
Wearers: Jsasax, Piraunga
Grants its user physical strength far beyond his/her normal limits.

Pirit – Great Mask of Convenience
Wearers: Manguopo
Allows the user to access a small pocket dimension individually linked to the individual mask in which things can be stored.

Rau – Great Mask of Translation
Wearers: Xoth
Allows its user to understand and speak in almost any written or spoken language within the Matoran Universe. Also enables the user to comprehend the meaning behind carvings.

Rode – Great Mask of Truth
Wearers: Sidoshi
Allows its user to see through all types of deception and disguises. Kanohi Rode are always on at a low level, so it is impossible to deceive or lie to a Kanohi Rode-wearer. However, a Rode can only detect lies when the target is aware that they are lying. The mask’s power also enables its user to see those with the power of invisibility.

Ruru – Great Mask of Night Vision
Wearers: Ahkaxx
Allows its user to cast a beam of light that allows them and those nearby to see. It also grants them normal night vision and a small degree of x-ray vision. It can be used as a weapon, blinding enemies with its glow.

Saikeru – Great Mask of Stasis
Wearers: Sachel
Allows the user to generate temporary or permanent stasis fields around a target, making it impossible for the target to move or being moved. Temporary fields require concentration, but are harder to break than permanent ones, permanent fields are relatively easy to undo but don’t require concentration from the mask’s user.

Salek – Great Mask of Dread
Wearers: Dredzek
Allows the wearer to give a foe horrid nightmares. When used at full power, it can potentially drive a person insane. It can also be used to send mental messages through dreams. However, it is powerless when an opponent is fully awake. This mask always operates on a low level. As such, it cannot be used to drive a victim to the point where they become comatose. Immoral mask.

Sayin – Great Mask of Negation
Wearers: Kindrix
Allows the user to nullify any kind of non-physical effect targeted at or around him.

Sedonis – Great Mask of Clairvoyance
Wearers: Aveeccious
Allows its wearer to see into the near future. While the wearer can foresee the future, they cannot do anything to change it. Using the mask is very exhausting and debilitating; the wearer has no control over what they see or when the mask shows visions to them. This mask is always on at a low level; despite this, the mask cannot reach the wearer’s consciousness if they are trapped in a powerful mental illusion.

Shelek – Great Mask of Silence
Wearers: Mutran, Chirox, Tak
Allows its user to simultaneously disable a target’s ability to speak and hear for as long as the user concentrates.

Tagial – Great Mask of Void
Wearers: Reppirax
Allows the user to open and close portals to the Field of Shadows. Immoral mask.

Tamashii – Great Mask of Resistance
Wearers: Erdorn
Automatically “remembers” the last type of elemental power directed at the wearer and protects the wearer from any harm by this type of elemental energies until he is hit by a different kind of elemental power which causes the mask to remember this new one instead.

Tauran – Great Mask of Incomprehension
Wearers: Kojol
Allows the user to scramble both spoken and written languages. This mask can be countered by the Kanohi Rau and cannot affect hand signals. Immoral mask.

Toqua - Great Mask of Poison
Wearers: Clanik
Allows the user to poison organic Protodermis, making it weaker and rot over time. Can also heal all kinds of poisons. Physical contact to the target must be established for either to work. Immoral mask.

Trasan – Great Mask of Transfiguration
Wearers: Nevantar, Straintol
Allows the user to transform inanimate objects into different forms, including changes of their aggregation state. No matter can be created or destroyed and the change is only kept up for as long as the user concentrates.

Tryna – Great Mask of Reanimation
Wearers: Kraiden, Xiavlak
Allows its user to give artificial life to and control dead bodies for as long as they maintain concentration. The amount of concentration required to keep the corpses animated increases with the number of corpses controlled. Immoral mask.

Ulitara – Great Mask of Amnesia
Wearers: Deridius
Allows the user to make another being forget what it wanted to do. Eye contact has to be established for this to work. The grade of success depends on how obvious said action is to the target. Mental shields can block the mask’s power from taking effect. Immoral mask.

Velkon – Great Mask of Hindsight
Wearers: Boldorah
Allows the wearer to dispel all kinds of elemental attacks targeted at him, as long as he has seen the exact same attack at least once in the past. The wearer has to be aware of the attack to dispel it. Always active on a low level.

Volitak – Great Mask of Stealth
Wearers: Hesbrix, Quatza
Camouflages its user and deadens sound around them so that they cannot be heard or seen. However, they will still cast a shadow. The only masks that can see through its usage are Kanohi Elda, Kanohi Arthron, and Kanohi Rode.

Xafen – Great Mask of Surveillance
Wearers: Karthax
Lets the wearer immediately know if a “disturbance” happens within one kio around him. The wearer has to define beforehand what he considers a disturbance (for example a certain kind of being, the removal of some item from its place, etc.). The wearer can “program” the mask to inform him about as many things as he wishes, although if too many alarms go off at once it makes it hard for the wearer to concentrate. Too many alarms going off at once might even turn the wearer unconscious. Always active on a low level.

Zatth – Great Mask of Summoning
Wearers: Zirolius
Allows its user to summon one or more random Rahi or Creatures to their location for help. However, the user has no control over what animal will be called, nor control of them once they arrive. The creature summoned must be able to share the user’s environment. Additionally, the user cannot use a Kanohi Zatth to send animals away.

??? - Great Mask of Communication
Wearers: Troodax
Allows its user to communicate with known other beings via telepathy even across great distances and barriers usually precenting communication. The user also is able to penetrate mental shields of beings weaker in mind than him. It also enables the user to create mental blasts.

??? - Great Mask of Intangibility
Wearers: Rerekei
Allows its user’s body to become intangible so they can pass through objects and/or avoid attacks. The user can control how intangible they become.

??? - Great Mask of Aggression
Wearers: Vadkanda, Fenerak
Allows the user to feed off an opponent’s anger, making the user stronger in the process. Immoral mask.

??? - Great mask of Resurrection
Wearers: Tagah
Allows the user to bring a being back to life. Only works within a day after the death and only if the target’s body systems are intact enough to enable it to live. Also only works on beings that would get resurrected on the Red Star.

??? - Great Mask of Foresight
Wearers: Uloki
Enables the wearer to see a few seconds into the future, but only shows things the wearer is /would be responsible for.

??? - Great Mask of Intuition
Wearers: Vulon
Allows the user to see through lies and half-truths, to more likely make the right decision if provided with distinct options (in terms to the wearers current goals) and to realize illusions as just that. However, the wearer can’t control when the mask will trigger. Always active on a low level.

Did anyone actually read all of this :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Post 1 is updated again

9 Likes

I read all of it.

3 Likes

Same
Noticed theres no Ketroila tho

1 Like

Except for the canon ones I already knew about, yeah.

This one has a canon name, the Suletu.

~W12~

3 Likes