The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

When there is an opening, I’d like to create another Makuta.

@darkbrick999

The topmost part of the back plating sticks out a little too much in my opinion. Maybe try using something there instead that also covers the top of the torso at the same time. Or teh other way around - put armor on teh top of the torso that extends down a bit.

I assume those free ball sockets on the metru hip will eventually be used to give the legs more stability?

Using Mata hands like that on the shoulder will prevent the arms from moving outwards. Nonetheless I can’t deny that it looks interesting.

@PotatoAlien

Sure, but it’s up to you to get back to me in time to claim a spot when one gets available again. WHoever claims it first will get it.

@Abyss_Lockstrider

So, have you thought about my words? Do you want to give it another try or did you decide to drop out so that others can get a chance at participating as well?

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Yeah, the legs will attach to both sets of ball joints. As it is, I’m not sure I’ll keep the arms as they are- I’ll probably keep those mata hands (because I only have so many parts in light blue), but I’m not sure in what capacity.

one more shot if this doesn’t work ill leave i think that sounds fair what do ya say

You still have your spot.

@Abyss_Lockstrider

Sure. Take everything people said about your older MOCs into consideration while building this new one and I’m sure the result will be something we can work with.

Some more things I’d like to mention, though:

• It’s not necessarily the MOC’s height that matters, but rather its complexity. Nonetheless it should have a certain size. Here’s an example on what I’d deem totally acceptable in that regard:

• Your pictures were rather dark/blurry I’d suggest you try taking future pictures in a place with better lighting (outside in the daylight, for example)

• The less backstory you write the less errors can be in it. I’d thus recommend keeping it simple: Name, Kanohi, occupation, how your Makuta died. If you need help, let me know and we can figure something out together.

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

hey this is what ive got for the build is it ok

1 Like

I can’t really see… Hmm… thing you should fill those gaps in the torso, but again, I can’t really see anything.

1 Like

yeah this is W.I.P so not finished will be soon just need to see what gilahu says

OK.

And can you please use . and , ? You are pretty confusing.

That looks like a big improvement over your other mocs from what I can tell! So nice work with that. I recommend changing out the shoulder armour; it sticks up too high and leaves unsightly gaps in the shoulders. The feet also strike me as strange looking, and I feel the weapon doesn’t suit his bulky silhouette; perhaps a warhammer would fit him better? Overall though, I’m very impressed by it in comparison to your other two attempts.

thank you and know that i think about it a war hammer would look great on him and i have an idea for shoulder armour

1 Like

@Abyss_Lockstrider

Yes, definitely a big improvement. I particularly like the lower arms from this angle.

I’d say what you should mostly focus on at the moment is the torso - it’s still rather gappy.
The upper leg armor could also be improved, I think, but it’s hard to tell if it would still look awkward with a better torso.
And last but not least the feet - these paw pieces don’t work very well like that in my opinion. Simply using those feet that for example Onua Master used and maybe adding some claws on them by be a simple but effective solution.

What’s that mask by the way?

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

thanks for the tips and i hand crafted the mask it took about 3-4 days

1 Like

Looking good. Seems to be a little off in colour, but I like it.
Be aware that masks are the only non-official Lego parts I accept, though.

Rules and list in post 1

Here is my WIP for Chirox; thoughts?

At this point I haven’t added any extra colors (silver or trans bright orange), but I probably will for the final product. The knees also need a lot of work, but otherwise I’m mostly satisfied with how he turned out.

The open sockets on his back are for wings; not sure whether I’ll cut cloth ones or leave him wingless and let you figure out how/what you want to do for it.

5 Likes

I like what I see, but…

Yeah, currently very monochromatic. Finished MOC definitely needs more colour.

Otherwise the use of tires of course is something I’m personally not a big fan of, but I can’t deny that it looks good here, so definitely keep them if you like them.

Well, you’re not forced to add wings - but in that case don’t leave open ball sockets.

I think I’d personally really prefer wings on this MOC, though. Custom ones made of cloth might actually look awesome.

Seems like this wasn’t very well formulated… I should maybe add an official rule regarding that…

Rules and list in post 1

I’ll probably end up adding wings in the long run; as for adding more silver, I was thinking about making the foot on his chest silver and the armor on his upper arms. Anywhere else where you think it might look good?

Also, tires are love tires are life.

1 Like

I’d say add that silver and then see if it works or if there’s more silver needed. I imagine the legs could need some, too. SIlver fingers might also be an idea - unless you give him silver weapons.

Rules and list in post 1

New rule added regarding Custom parts

Can i still do a makuta for this?