The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

ok hope this enough extra images for you to look at.

2 Likes

@Abyss_Lockstrider

Very G2 looking, but a great improvement. I suppose I can accept that. Maybe try getting some good looking poses out of him for the topic. gonna give feedback in deatil in his topic.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

I have to say, this one looks fairly good. Definitely an improvement from the last two.

~W12~

for the backstory i was thinking about having him like an engineer/elemental researcher and that he managed to create creatures used as servants but only manged to make four before his demise

My Makuta could take a while to complete, but Iā€™ve got a backstory you can review.

This traditionalist Makuta somehow acquired a vampire squid (or some other flora or fauna native to Aqua Magna), which was fully organic, and able to reproduce. Because of his natural skill in useful rahi production, he was granted two Toa Hagah, on of plasma and one of air, who became fiercely loyal to him. Eventually, he became totally obsessed with creating rahi that could reproduce in the wild. The other Makuta thought him mad, and exiled him from Destral. His two Toa left with him. He set up a new lab on a remote southern island, and started to acquire power and resources by making protoderis and precious-metal mines (including the one from which Zaktan escaped) and selling the ore. He built his lab into a massive structure, and created a new sort of Rahksh armor that was more compact and had talons to more easily climb through the lab spaces, and had a vortix factory mass-produce them. He also commissioner that factory on Xia to build him a new breed of fohrock, based on the old Nynrah Ghost design (of which heā€™d kept a prototype). Over time, this Makuta built up a secret spy network on a scale rivaling that of the Order of Mata Nui, who would gather new specimens for him, and tell him of the most intelligent an skilled beings in the universe (mostly onu matoran, ko matoran, and vortix), who he would then hire and/or kidnap to work on his research with him. He had the aid of the Shadowed One in both abductions and access to his science staff since he would occasionally lend him his two Toa Hagah to go on dark hunts for him. He eventually succeeded in trapping life energy in a piece of protodermis, which he sent off to ta metru to be made into a few disks. He melted down his masks, and mixed its metal with the new kanoka, actually creating for himself an organic kanohi. Around the time of this breakthrough, his scientists revolted, burning down his lab and destroying most of his research. Anything of value left over was swiftly collected by the Dark Hunters (including the two Toa, who joined their ranks). The sold some of the lab designs to the Brotherhood of Makuta, including his clawed Rahkshi (which was the design eventually used by Teridax at the battle of Bara Magna).

Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve got so far, tell me what you think. Also, can you give me an idea of what Kanohi to give him? I honestly have no idea what power he should have. I havenā€™t named him yet.

Edit- did someone already make the Makuta who killed the Olmak wearer?

@darkbrick999

A little too much different stuff in there, honestly. Also if he really was exiled by the other Makuta thereā€™s no way they would have allowed him gaining so much influence.

So some thoughts:

In theory possible, but not until after the Great Cataclysm. So this is a rather bad choice for a ā€œstarting pointā€. However, I like the idea of him being intrigued by the concept of reproduction linked to this discovery.

Taking this into consideration to what I just said about Aqua Magna Rahi - at this point Teridax would definitely rather have executed your Makuta than exiling him. In general exiling someone who isnā€™t already in hiding isnā€™t something the Makuta usually do.

Like I said, the other Makuta wouldnā€™t let that happen.

Rahkshi armor is made from Kraata. Kraata are made from Antidermis. Makuta are Antidermis. No one except Makuta themselves can create Rahkshi.

No.

No.

Sounds liek a bad deal for the Shadowed One.
Interesting idea, though - if your Makuta had been exiled from the Brotherhood, what about the Shadowed One granting him exile? I mean, having his own ā€œpetā€ Makuta definitely might be something teh Shadowed One would like. Of course this would have to stay secret to everyone else.

Iā€™d rather leave that out.

Check the Kanohi list (linked in the rules in teh first post) and see whatā€™s still available on there?

Not necessarily. Until recently I assumed it was Tridax, but apparently the Order of Mata Nui possessed the Olmak before Tridax got his hands on it. Iā€™d rather not mix the Olmak into this backstory here, though.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

I see what you mean about the timeline, and Iā€™ll try to fix that. About Rahkshi armor, though: how would a Makuta make it? did they just make, like, a hundred kratta and melt them down into armor? That seems very inconvenient. Also, does this mean that Kratta-Kalā€™s armor was built by Teridax? I always assumed the dark-hunters made it. Iā€™ll change the bit about fohrok, I just did that because they seemed like the most efficient form of work-robots. I was thinking of saying that one of his servants tried to capture the Toa with the Olmak, because of his experience with the Ignika, but he was accidentally killed in the fight. His alliance with the Shadowed-One is supposed to be very secret, yes. His whole operation on the southern island is meant to be secret; no one knowā€™s that heā€™s the one running the mines, he operates through proxies. The reason he was exiled instead of killed was that Teridax was interested in his plans, but didnā€™t want the other Makuta who felt he was crazy to doubt him. Since he wasnā€™t doing anything that would directly oppose the plan, anyway Teridax just watched from a distance to see if he has any breakthroughs he could use. Iā€™ll take out the bit about an organic Kanohi, I just thought it could explain his ā€œmaskā€ having a mouth. Iā€™ll significantly shrink his sphere of influence.

Oh, and maybe he could wear a Mask of Charisma (it would help him in dealing with his servants, and in his negotiations with the Shadowed One).

Edit: Howā€™s Krarua for the name? Or Krarora. Probably he last one.

1 Like

Rahkshi armor is created by dunking a Kraata in Energized Protodermis. You then get another Kraata to pilot the armor. Kraata-Kal is the same thing, but replace the EP with whatever substance transforms Krana to Krana-Kal.

1 Like

Wow. Energized Protodermis is even more OP than I thought.

@darkbrick999

Still doesnā€™t convince me, to be honest. Most of all because no other Makuta would dare speak up against Teridax and Teridax doesnā€™t care what the others think as long as they do as told. If anything letting a Makuta go instead of declaring him an exile after he fled would rather undermine Teridaxā€™s authority in my opinion.

Also keep in mind that by now weā€™re basically only talking about minor Makuta for the Project. Makuta who simply donā€™t have the talent and influence to ever play a major role in the universe. As such I find the idea of your Makuta seeking out the Shadowed One to protect him from the Brotherhood in return for your Makutaā€™s services very believable. Of course no one should make the mistake of trusting the Shadowed One, though. He probably would betray your Makuta sooner or later - maybe even selling him out to teh Brotherhood (this would have had to happen before the Makuta - Dark Hunter War, however, so no Aqua Magna Rahi).
Of course you donā€™t have to use this idea, but right now I find it more believable and it doesnā€™t include yet another Makuta setting up a secret lab somewhere.

Too many "r"s in my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: And Krarua maybe sounds a bit too much like Krakua.

Sure.

If I remember correctly, a Kraata was dumped into that ā€œKal-Substanceā€, creating Kraata-Kal. Kraata-Kalā€™s armor was then constructed by Teridax, though. Iā€™d guess this was possible in this case since Kraata-Kal work differently than normal Kraata - normal Kraata seem to need a Rahkshi suit made from a Kraata of the same type to use their powers to full extent.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

So, I finished my moc, but I need to take better pictures. Those will be coming soon, but hereā€™s what I have:

Iā€™m still thinking of the nuances of his backstory, but Iā€™m leaning towards a researcher who was attempting to determine the properties of antidermis.

2 Likes

@ToaTumult

That waist connection looks really thin, otherwise looking good, though.

About story stuff: I could actually use more Makuta dying before the Makutaā€™s evolution ~30,000 years before Teridax came to rule the Matoran Universe.

Rules and list in post 1

Cool. I can find a way to work around that.

1 Like

Iā€™m good with that, and I can work that into his demise. Iā€™d still like his main thing to be trying to create organic Rahi, though (and since Greg has said that its quite likely the GSR had landed on other planets before Aqua Magna, he couldā€™ve still found some sort of alien life form).

1 Like

As much as I would love to be a part of this project, RSG has kinda taken over my life. If there is someone wanting in on the project go ahead and give them my spot.

2 Likes

@Matanui606

I fully understand. I myself had to mute like 90% of the channels on Discord to get anything done while online. Fortunately unlike you Iā€™m not expected to have an opinion on every second thing brought up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Iā€™ll take you off the list then.

Hear that folks?

There is one Makuta to be assigned again!

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

I would like to create the MOC, however I have some questions about the project.

Why didnā€™t you ask those questions?

3 Likes

Yeaaa-[quote=ā€œDr.Doctor, post:1600, topic:14663, full:trueā€]
I would like to create the MOC, however I have some questions about the project.
[/quote]

noooooo

Go ahead, but perhaps read the rules in the first post first if you havenā€™t already. Those usually answers most questions I get.

Then tell me if you indeed want to participate.

Rules and list in post 1