The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

@Matanui606 My laptop was about to die, so I couldn’t type that much.
@Gilahu They haven’t been answered as far as I can see. So,

1. Will the region and “profession” be automatically assigned?
  2. Will I build upon what Matanui606 did or start entirely from scratch?
  3. I assume the answer is no, but will I have to create the backstory at the same time as the MOC?

@Dr.Doctor

No. That’s fully up to you. There aren’t any regions left at this point, however.

It’s entirely your own thing. You are supposed to post the MOC topic with a backstory.

I’ll put you on the list then.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll start working on it as soon as I can.

1 Like

Important announcement

Due to a lengthy university field trip I won’t be around from 14th to 25th/26th May. Feel free to post topics/questions etc. in the meantime but be aware that during this time I can’t answer them.

Additionally, if you post a MOC, please tell me in this topic here that you did - that way I definitely won’t miss it when I return.

@Willess12 - could I ask you to keep an eye out for any people who missed this message?

Rules and list in post 1

4 Likes

Certainly. Would you like me to try and answer any questions I can during that time? (Things like rule clarifications and stuff you’ve mentioned before, I wouldn’t try to make any decisions about mocs or backstories, that’s your decision)

~W12~

1 Like

@Willess12

Thanks!

Sure, do so if you have the time. I don’t expect much to happen while I’m gone, but should there be questions I’m sure people will appreciate your help. (Although pointing them at the rules usually is enough if it doesn’t concern backstories ;P)

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

you said to let you now so i finished Kerona 2.0 Makuta Kerona v 2.0

1 Like

I have been of the boards for a while, but I will try to take some pictures

2 Likes

So, as I mentioned a while back the Brotherhood Project is cooperating with Red Star Games. This means we try to use the same basis material for lore stuff - canon and fan-made.

So here’s the current status quo:

• Some concerns regarding names were voiced. Since English isn’t my first language I have to believe native speakers when they tell me that some names sound odd to them because of similarities to other words etc. As such likely most of the non-canon island names on the map will be changed as well as Kanohi names.

• Depending on RSG’s world development there might be some small islands added to the map which might mean more assignable regions. Not certain yet, though.

• RSG have quite the mask list themselves, which resulted in a lot of merging/changing Makuta masks of this project especially and always “Matoran” names of them. I’ll update that as soon as I also have proper descriptions for the new masks. Several mask powers RSG didn’t already have are in discussion to be added to their lore as well - maybe with certain minor changes. Looking good in that regard, though. (also possibly meaning those masks will some day be available as 3D prints, but I can’t promise that and I have hardly any influence on the design process)

• Makuta names themselves. Yes, there are some complaints about Makuta names. However, since these are YOUR Makuta and YOUR names I will stay adamant in not changing them if you don’t agree. I personally have no problems with those names.

These are the names in question with the explanations I got:

• Scarla - sounds like “Scarlet” @Windfall (although you probably wouldn’t have the right to change that - but you could ask?)
  • Dredzek - too edgy @Windfall (same)
  • Yandra - apparently sounds like some other word @Aegyptiacus (although this name was from me) “Aegis” might be an alternative again, though - see below. Name would be “Azahis” then
  • Troodax - should have different spelling @Whovian41110
  • Jsasax - does feel weird @RedHuna101
  • Reppirax - maybe just one P @Sciencegiraffe
  • Aplekisa - rolls off teh tongue weirdly @MysteryMuffin
  • Sachel - sounds like “satchel” @Sammythekat
  • Boldorah - has “bold” in it @ToaPanda
  • Wreight - how is this pronounced? @MysteryMuffin
  • Scairix - sounds like “Scary Ricks” @SmeatyFlavor
  • Straintol - sounds like a drug @Samtastictogo
  • Aveeccious - looks weird, change spelling @Styrofoam
  • Sidoshi - is staight up Japanese and therefore a problem @Styrofoam
  • Deridius - too much like “Derision” @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Of course everyone is allowed to give their opinion on this as well as suggestions for changes, but only the creators can in the end change the names, I’d say. Unless you people think I should be allowed to do small edits given that some people aren’t even active on the boards anymore.
I also got the offer that you could name your Makuta a normal word, for example “Makuta Destroyer” and the RSG guys would translate that into Matoran.

Additionally I’m personally wondering about two other names, though:

• Tethis - is a mythological name - maybe change spelling? @The_Wanderer
  • Manguopo - still sounds weird to me, but I’ll accept it if you don’t want to change it @darkbrick999

I’ll give you a week for feedback/discussion.

Rules and list in post 1

7 Likes

For Aplekisa, any rearangement of the sounds to make it easier works. Apaliska. Boom. I hope that’s better.

And wreight is pronounced
Ray-th (th as in the sound that they make.)

2 Likes

Just to be clear, it’s pronounced mang-WO-po. Assuming you still find that problematic, I’ll try and find something better.

2 Likes

Here’s that updated Kanohi list. Please notice that all the ??? ones are the ones currently in discussion of being added/how they’ll be added to RSG stuff.

Makuta Kanohi list:
(Descriptions from canon Kanohi taken from BS01, everything else is a mix of stuff mentioned in the Makuta entries and what I made up)

Akaku – Great Mask of X-Ray Vision
Wearers: Wreigth, Scairix
Allows its user to see through solid objects and structures. Kanohi Akaku are commonly fitted with telescopic lenses that provide enhanced vision, complementing the masks’ power.

Arthron – Great Mask of Sonar
Wearers: Scarla
Allows its user to sense the movement and positions of targets through echolocation. The wearer can also use this mask to examine their surroundings in darkness. This mask is one of the few that can detect an invisible target (like a Kanohi Huna-user). It identifies the general shape and movement of its target, but does not provide details. A Kanohi Arthron is always on at a low level.

Atramu – Great Mask of Adaptation
Wearers: Tethis
Automatically adapts its user’s body to their surroundings. This includes combat situations, local environments, and current weather conditions. The mask is always on at a low level and sensing the nearby environment, and will alter them immediately if it senses a need for change. The mask’s power returns to a low level after changing the wearer. However, if the mask is knocked off while the user is altered, then they are permanently stuck in that form.

Avsa – Great Mask of Hunger
Wearers: Hormakh, Vamprah, Crytoss, Furtaan
Allows its user to drain light, energy, or positive emotions from a target at a distance. The user will absorb the energy removed from their target. This mask can be used to make lightless beings such as Shadow Matoran. The Kanohi Avsa places a psychological barrier in its victims that keeps their light from returning, although the light drain must be complete before the barrier is set. The power scream of Klakk can reverse this by breaking the barrier. Immoral mask.

Ayikha – Great Mask of Scavenging:
Wearers: Icarax
Allows its user to drain the residual life energy from the bodies of any nearby beings that have just died. This makes the user stronger and more able. Immoral mask.

Cehau – Great Mask of Negation
Wearers: Kindrix
Allows the user to nullify any kind of non-physical effect targeted at or around him.

Crast – Great Mask of Repulsion
Wearers: Krika
Allows its user to repel other objects for offense or defense; the target cannot touch the user and is flung away with considerable force. The user can also achieve limited flight by repelling the ground. This power cannot be used on more than one target at a time. Immoral mask.

Efemutu – Great Mask of Prototransmutation
Wearers: Nevantar, Straintol
Allows its wearer to manipulate the structure of an amount of Protodermis, changing it’s shape or the function of the Protodermis itself.

Efotaui – Great Mask of Elemental Fire
Wearers: Jarnat
Grants the user access to abilities that grant them control over the power of Elemental Fire. The Mask generates a secondary energy pool that the user can draw from. This pool is slowly regenerating over time and can only be used for Fire-based attacks. There are limits to the abilities of said attacks, and as such Efotaui-bearers do not have access to the full range of powers available to beings naturally attuned to the element of Fire.

Ersuloa – Great Mask of Hallucination
Wearers: Dredzek
Gives the user the ability to target a being and inflict upon them hallucinations that are indistinguishable to the target from Reality. If the being is informed or otherwise aware of the hallucinations, they may attempt to not react to them, though depending on the wearer’s crafting of the hallucinations, this may be very difficult.

Faxon – Great Mask of Kindred
Wearers: Moldavanka, Kaihodian
Allows its user to mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment – for example, land Rahi.

Felnas – Great Mask of Disruption
Wearers: Gorast
Allows its user to cause any one natural active power of another to go out of control. The user has to be touching their target to affect them. Immoral mask.

Gakaui – Great Mask of Elemental Water
Wearers: Zurta
Grants the user access to abilities that grant them control over the power of Elemental Water. The Mask generates a secondary energy pool that the user can draw from. This pool is slowly regenerating over time and can only be used for Water-based attacks. There are limits to the abilities of said attacks, and as such Gakaui-bearers do not have access to the full range of powers available to beings naturally attuned to the element of Water.

Hau – Great Mask of Shielding
Wearers: Wanitama, Chasnon
Allows its user to protect themselves from any physical attack that they are aware of by generating a force field.

Iden – Great Mask of Spirit
Wearers: Ormen
Allows its user to temporarily release their spirit from their body. While released, their spirit can move at great speeds and inhabit other living, spiritless biomechanical bodies or self-powered robots. However, their original body will become limp, as there is nothing inhabiting it. Those who wear Kanohi Elda or Kanohi Rode can see and communicate with the user’s released spirit.
While released, the user’s spirit cannot access any of their powers, because the use of powers requires a union of the spirit and the body. Their body is also vulnerable, as they have no way to protect it themselves. If the user’s body is killed, their spirit will eventually fade away, as they have no body to return to; however, if the user’s Iden is destroyed while their body remains intact, the user’s spirit will be forced back into their body.
Multiple Kanohi Iden-users have the ability to swap bodies by sending their spirits into each other’s spiritless bodies. A Toa’s powers are tied to their spirit, however, not their body, so if a Kanohi Iden-using Toa goes into another body, the body will have the spirit’s Elemental Powers (applies to Makuta, too?).

Ignaku - Great Mask of Parabolic Vision
Wearers: Chisk, Vadkanda
Allows the user a range of vision of 270 degrees.

Isima – Great Mask of Possibilities
Wearers: Mazla
Allows its user to alter the probability of a situation. The mask can be used to increase the chance of a certain event happening, or lessen the likelihood of something occurring.

Jutlin – Great Mask of Corruption
Wearers: Antroz, Spiriah
Allows its user to break down inorganic objects within their range of vision by causing them to decompose and rust. Immoral mask.

Kaukau – Great Mask of Water Breathing
Wearers: Jorax
Allows its user to breathe water and liquid protodermis for a limited amount of time.

Kiril – Great Mask of Regeneration
Wearers: Vekaron, Tridax
Allows its user to repair damage to inorganic objects they can see.

Komau – Great Mask of Mind Control
Wearers: Apaliska
Allows its user to see into the mind of another and to control them. However, the mask cannot be used to direct someone to act against their morals. Can be used to deliver mental blasts with effects debilitating, but not known to be lethal, to their targets. Because the mask only works on beings with minds, it is useless against robots and some types of Rahi.

Konomau – Great Mask of Biomechanics
Wearers: Raximoras
Allows its user to mentally interface with machinery and control or influence them, depending on range and complexity of the technology. It also gives the user a minor enhancement of their mechanical strength. The user cannot control the mechanical parts of other beings without their consent, but can slow them down.

Kraahkan – Great Mask of Shadows:
Wearers: (Teridax), (Icarax)
The Kanohi Kraahkan allows its user to access Makuta-level range and strength of power over anger, fear, and Elemental Shadow. It also lets the user see moral darkness in others. The Mask of Shadows will automatically send out Shadow bolts to attack non-Makuta beings who touch it whenever it is not being worn. Even though the mask grants its user Shadow powers, it does not boost any pre-existing Elemental Shadow powers. Immoral mask (?). Unique mask.

Kualsi – Great Mask of Quick Travel
Wearers: Irutra, Thorkahn
Allows its user to instantly move to any place in their field of vision. The user can teleport objects with them, but not other beings. A Kualsi user cannot teleport through energy fields, such as those made by a Kanohi Hau. The user can travel to places they see via a Kanohi Suletu, but the process is very risky.

Lerkamoa - Great Mask of Poison
Wearers: Clanik
Gives the user the ability to poison materials or beings, which can damage their physical bodies or attack some functions of living beings’ bodies. They can also spit poison some distance instead of touching something. Immoral mask.

Maraui - Great Mask of Analysis
Wearers: Yandra, Uloki
Can identify the composition of Protodermis and a catalog of non-Protodermic materials for the wearer, revealing chemical, radiological, biological, morphological, and several other categories of information on the items analyzed.

Matatu – Great Mask of Telekinesis
Wearers: Zhun, Nebunie
Allows its user to move targets within their range of view by utilizing the power of thought and lets them project Psionic force. This Psionics power grants the user the ability to perform other such feats like generating telekinetic force.

Mautatu - Great Mask of Charisma
Wearers: Vulon
Allows its user to subtly alter the perception of one or more targets, changing how they view the world until they agree with the user’s views and serve their cause.

Mautru – Great Mask of Mutation
Wearers: Miserix, Shornos
Allows its user to mutate another living being. The user can also give powers with the mutations. The user can mutate the target from a distance, and the mutation caused by the mask is permanent unless it is undone by the mask user. However, the Mask of Mutation cannot be used to mutate the user. A Mask of Mutation can undo other mutations such as those caused by Hordika Venom, Makuta viruses, and Roodaka’s Rhotuka power, but not those caused by Energized Protodermis. However, reversing a mutation is more difficult without detailed knowledge of the original mutation. (Immoral mask.)

Mohtrek – Great Mask of Time Duplication
Wearers: Bitil
Allows its user to transport one or more past versions of themselves to the present. The user can transport versions of themselves from times when they were not wearing the Kanohi Mohtrek. When these past selves are returned to their times, all memories of what they did are erased, but all physical damage they sustain is kept. If a past self is killed, the user will vanish, and an alternate timeline where they did not exist will be created. The amount of concentration required to keep the past selves in the present increases with the number summoned. Immoral mask.

Mutuku – Great Mask of Emulation
Wearers: Lomois
Allows its user to replicate any one power of another sapient being for a short time by analyzing and duplicating it, as long as the user sees the power in use. The length of the process varies, depending on the power analyzed. When copied, the ability becomes like a temporary mask power to the Kanohi user. The user cannot copy Rahi powers, other Kanohi powers, or the powers of a weapon. If the user deactivates the copied power, they will have to recopy it, though the copying time will become progressively shorter with each time the same power is copied. It does, however, reach a state in which the speed of copying cannot become faster.

Onweku - Great Mask of Intangibility
Wearers: Rerekei
Allows its user’s body to become intangible so they can pass through objects and/or avoid attacks. The user can control how intangible they become.

Oroha - Great Mask of Message
Wearers: Troodax
Allows a being to transmit and receive messages telepathically from vast distances away. The user can leverage their own ability to force a message through a shielded mind if the user’s mind is more powerful than the shielded one.

Pakarai – Great Mask of Durability
Wearers: Napak
Bolsters the body of it’s wearer, allowing them to ignore damage that would otherwise incapacitate them by hardening their armor and metallic body components, and deadening their senses of pain and exhaustion in their biological components.

Pakari – Great Mask of Strength
Wearers: Jsasax, Piraunga
Grants its user physical strength far beyond his/her normal limits.

Rau – Great Mask of Translation
Wearers: Xoth
Allows its user to understand and speak in almost any written or spoken language within the Matoran Universe. Also enables the user to comprehend the meaning behind carvings.

Rode – Great Mask of Truth
Wearers: Sidoshi
Allows its user to see through all types of deception and disguises. Kanohi Rode are always on at a low level, so it is impossible to deceive or lie to a Kanohi Rode-wearer. However, a Rode can only detect lies when the target is aware that they are lying. The mask’s power also enables its user to see those with the power of invisibility.

Ruru – Great Mask of Night Vision
Wearers: Ahkaxx
Allows its user to cast a beam of light that allows them and those nearby to see. It also grants them normal night vision and a small degree of x-ray vision. It can be used as a weapon, blinding enemies with its glow.

Shelek – Great Mask of Silence
Wearers: Mutran, Chirox, Tak
Allows its user to simultaneously disable a target’s ability to speak and hear for as long as the user concentrates.

Sukohi – Great Mask of Stasis
Wearers: Sachel
Allows its wearer to encase a target being or object in a stasis field, locked in space relative to the body that the user being is oriented to. Beings in these fields do not age, as all their biological processes are ground to a halt.

Allows the user to generate temporary or permanent stasis fields around a target, making it impossible for the target to move or being moved. Temporary fields require concentration, but are harder to break than permanent ones, permanent fields are relatively easy to undo but don’t require concentration from the mask’s user.

Tahaku – Great Mask of Heat Vision
Wearers: Netrux
Grants the wearer Heat Vision.

Tryna – Great Mask of Reanimation
Wearers: Kraiden, Xiavlak
Allows its user to give artificial life to and control dead bodies for as long as they maintain concentration. The amount of concentration required to keep the corpses animated increases with the number of corpses controlled. Immoral mask.

Turatatu – Great Mask of Fear
Wearers: Erevor, Isthra
Gives the user the ability to cloak themselves or objects in an Aura of Fear, forcing those viewing them to steel themselves or be either frozen in place or flee. In addition, the wearer may make a Psionic Fear attack at a target within visual range to attempt to make them freeze or flee specifically. Immoral mask.

Ururau – Great Mask of Incomprehension
Wearers: Kojol
Allows the user to scramble both spoken and written languages. This mask can be countered by the Kanohi Rau and cannot affect hand signals. Immoral mask.

Vaamaku – Great Mask of Psychometry
Wearers: Jormuntrax
Allows its user to learn details about the past of an object by making physical contact with it. While the user can see something of an object’s past, they have no real control over how much information they actually receive. This power cannot be used on more than one object at a time, nor does it work on living beings.

Valumi – Great Mask of Clairvoyance
Wearers: Aveeccious
Allows its wearer to see into the near future. While the wearer can foresee the future, they cannot do anything to change it. Using the mask is very exhausting and debilitating; the wearer has no control over what they see or when the mask shows visions to them. This mask is always on at a low level; despite this, the mask cannot reach the wearer’s consciousness if they are trapped in a powerful mental illusion.

Volitak – Great Mask of Stealth
Wearers: Hesbrix, Quatza
Camouflages its user and deadens sound around them so that they cannot be heard or seen. However, they will still cast a shadow. The only masks that can see through its usage are Kanohi Elda, Kanohi Arthron, and Kanohi Rode.

Whethron - Great Mask of Seismic Sense
Wearers: Fenerak
Allows the user to “see” vibrations in the ground by emitting a burst of sound through their feet and measuring the return of the sound waves, or by passively picking up vibrations from the environment.

Zatth – Great Mask of Summoning
Wearers: Zirolius
Allows its user to summon one or more random Rahi or Creatures to their location for help. However, the user has no control over what animal will be called, nor control of them once they arrive. The creature summoned must be able to share the user’s environment. Additionally, the user cannot use a Kanohi Zatth to send animals away.

??? – Great Mask of Alarm
Wearers: Karthax
Lets the wearer immediately know if a “disturbance” happens within one kio around him. The wearer has to define beforehand what he considers a disturbance (for example a certain kind of being, the removal of some item from its place, etc.). The wearer can “program” the mask to inform him about as many things as he wishes, although if too many alarms go off at once it makes it hard for the wearer to concentrate. Too many alarms going off at once might even turn the wearer unconscious. Always active on a low level.

??? – Great Mask of Amnesia
Wearers: Deridius
Allows the user to make another being forget what it wanted to do. Eye contact has to be established for this to work. The grade of success depends on how obvious said action is to the target. Mental shields can block the mask’s power from taking effect. Immoral mask.

??? – Great Mask of Memory
Wearers: Morathix, Syrai
Allows the user to remember and replay any memories of his life with extreme precision. The mask itself keeps the memories of all people that wore it before – as such, it can be used to replay memories of others too., although it takes patience and skill to find these particular memories.

??? – Great Mask of Viruses
Wearers: Xirok
Allows the user to create large amounts of a virus. In order for this to work the mask has to have had contact to the specific virus beforehand, and only the last virus that made contact with the mask can be recreated. Immoral mask.

??? - Great Mask of Resurrection
Wearers: Tagah
Allows the user to bring a being back to life. Only works within a day after the death and only if the target’s body systems are intact enough to enable it to live. Also only works on beings that would get resurrected on the Red Star.

??? – Great Mask of Dulling
Wearers: Gantil
Allows the user to decrease a target’s sensitivity in sight, hearing and pain reception. Immoral mask.

??? – Great Mask of Void
Wearers: Reppirax
Allows the user to open and close portals to the Field of Shadows. Immoral mask.

??? – Great Mask of Elemental Shielding
Wearers: Erdorn, Boldorah
Automatically “remembers” the last type of elemental power directed at the wearer and protects the wearer from any harm by this type of elemental energies until he is hit by a different kind of elemental power which causes the mask to remember this new one instead.

??? – Great Mask of Sanity
Wearers: Anjan
The wearer can’t use any of his powers without a direct effort of will. This mask makes the wearer immune to mind-based Psionic powers as well as unable to communicate telepathically. This mask is always active. Unique mask.

??? – Great Mask of Thrown Vision
Wearers: Ornek
Allows the user to see everything in sight from bird’s eye view.

??? – Great Mask of Convenience
Wearers: Manguopo
Allows the user to access a small pocket dimension individually linked to the individual mask in which things can be stored.

??? – Great Mask of Shadow Thralls
Wearers: Marzek
Allows the wearer to summon beings made of shadow from a pocket dimension. These entities can not directly interact with their surroundings, but are able to work as spies or “slip into” beings and amplify their negative emotions like anger or fear. These beings vanish once the mask wearer stops concentrating. Immoral mask.

??? – Great Mask of Rage
Wearers: Cenred, Falkin
Allows the wearer to enter a “berserk-mode” when enraged enough. In this state all damage to the wearers body is temporarily fixed by the mask’s power. If the wearer stops being angry, loses the mask or loses consciousness, he will get back to normal. All damage taken during “berserk-mode” will take effect then. Immoral mask.

??? – Great Mask of Scrying
Wearers: Vyrdran

Rules and list in post 1

8 Likes

I was imagining uloki’s mask to allow him to predict the outcome of certain expirements, but if that doesn’t work, can I change it to the Maraui?

1 Like

Renames of the masks I used are good. Pakarai heh

can we please have like a thousand more reigons?

1 Like

Can I participate? If so can the MOC 1. Be mostly CCBS, and 2. Be already constructed?

I’d join but I currently only have Mellex, and out of all 3, only 1 has an actual mask.

Maybe Boldorah could be changed to Vozatth. According to the internet, that is the matoran word for Lightning-Summoner

1 Like

While in my opinion, the two terms aren’t too alike to bother me, but if it’s something you or RSG can’t ignore, here are some slightly changed alternatives:

Original: Deridius (DUR-i-dee-is)

Daeridius (Dare-i-DEE-is)

Dierus (Dee-YAIR-is)

Diadius (Dee-YAD-ee-us)

Diradious (DIE-rad-ee-ose)

Any of these I am fine with, feel free to pick one!

1 Like

Does this imply that we should supply ideas?