The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

Wait a moment, you had a Chirox at BF VA? That means I saw it this year.

5 Likes

If someone is removed for inactivity, I’d like to throw my hat in the ring for another Makuta. Specifically, the last one to be created and “guardian” of the southernmost inhabited island.

Exactly this combination already exists, I fear. Manguopo was the last one created and assigned to Keetongu’s Homeland which as far as we know is the southernmost island that was inhabited.

Unless anyone wants to give up their spot you’ll have to check back now and then if you want to to claim another spot should one open up.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Alright. Will wait (im)patiently until then.

Two more questions as I plan what could be:

Do we have a list of Makuta that are deceased by the time of the Great Cataclysm? Would the five Makuta who sided with Miserix be the first to die?

And what regions currently don’t have a Makuta assigned?

a) I did figure some stuff out for RSG, but that’s in the form of an excel table
I could give you the names, though:
Makuta that so far die after/during the Great Cataclysm are:
Antroz, Bitil, Chasnon, Chirox, Chisk, Dredzek, Erevor, Falkin, Gantil, Hesbrix, Icarax, Jormuntrax, Jsasax, Kaihodian, Karangu, Kerona, Krika, Lomois, Moldavanka, Mutran, Spiriah, Tak, Teridax, Tridax, Troodax, Vamprah, Xirok, Zhun, Zurta, Ahkaxx, Akima, Gorast, Kindrix, Scarla, Thorkahn

Everyone else currently on the accepted list is dead by then

b) No.Currently there are 7 Makuta who died before the Convocation.

See first post with the map.

Rules and list in post 1

Sorry for taking sooo long to respond; I’m an exceptionally bad procrastinator.
As for the names, you can change them for your project if you’d like to, so I’ll leave that to you. Sidoshi isn’t actually Japanese, though, and I used “Tolkien’s” Matoran dictionary to put Sido-((Sidorak)Commander, or something similar) with shi ((Rahkshi) which equates to spawn or offspring or something of the like). Speaking of which, I do intend to do a revamp of Sidoshi within the next few months, with the goal of keeping his genearl form and look while improving the limbs and tweaking the proportions. Ultimately it will have little effect on and revamp you do in the future, but I suppose it’d be best to let you know. As for the name Aveeccious, if RSG doesn’t like the name, they, or you, can change it. Bionicle has plenty of canon names they’d reject as well, so I’m not in the business of satisfying their subjective tastes. In the same vein, I have no problem with either of you changing the name in the interests of your collective project, so pick a cool one! My third Makuta was to be named either Kiedora or Hakuin before I dropped off for a while; perhaps those names would fit the bill.

Another profession, if anyone needs ideas, could be a propagandist. The Brotherhood is a particularly enigmatic organization, especially by real world standards, but all the same, a high-ranking offical would need to maintain a public face and presence for the rest of the Matoran universe.
It also opens up many story avenues- is this Makuta a sycophant of Teridax, or too self-important to accept him as their leader? Is he tightly knit with the Brotherhood leaders, or a difficult, authority-averse recluse?

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned I’ll go with whatever name YOU decide on and will also tell RSG so. I would maybe change “Aveeccious” to “Avecious”, though, if I may.

Avecious could maybe stem from: Avu-isi-ce-ihu-sa which would mean something like “wise thinker desiring possibilities to be revealed”.

Good idea, will put that on the the list of suggestions.
I would think a propagandist would have to work closely with Teridax, though.

Rules and list in post 1

3 Likes

Sure, that name sounds good to me

1 Like

I just need to remake the head and the guy is done.

2 Likes

Hey, I want to start out by sincerely apologizing for my inactivity! @Gilahu I don’t know if you remember me but I was put on the list to make a moc for the brotherhood of makuta a long time ago and kicked off due to inactivity. I took your advice and made a 3rd version of my moc but never posted it. It just sat on my shelf. Again I am very sorry but if a spot opens I would love to keep working and finish my moc. :grin:

Well uh… it appears you’ll have that chance.

Yo, @Gilahu, as much as I regret having to say this, I’ll have to resign my spot on the list. Some stuff’s going on at home, might be moving, might not, but due to it I currently cannot continue moccing, or at least not easily enough to complete his moc at a reasonable time.

1 Like

@Kalmah_Ren

I suppose you can have KAI_BORG’s spot then. I’ll put you on the list again.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Thank you so much, I wont disappoint this time :grinning:

@Omega_Tahu and @BrokenAxels removed from the list due to inactivity

Alright, time for the reminders again. Everyone mentioned - please give this post a like to show me you’re still active. Everyone who doesn’t do this will be removed from the list at the end of the month.

@Ghidora131, @LeKrahka, @EmperorDuckie, @EvilLobsterKing, @Toa_Vladin, @ReeseEH, @darkbrick999, @Condraxis, @Miraku, @ToaPanda, @Kalmah_Ren

Also a new important thing: From now on everyone who signs up has 3 months to complete and submit a MOC. Should the MOC not get finished in that time you can only sign up again after two weeks if no one else claimed the spot or if you can show me serious WIP progress on your MOC.
This will apply to all of those mentioned above immediately, although your deadline in this case will be December 31st 2018 since all of you have been on the list for at least a month.
The exception is @Kalmah_Ren who has until the end of January since he just signed up.

I’ll also add this to the rules.

Rules and list in post 1

There are again 2 Makuta to be assigned

13 Likes

I’ll take one then.

1 Like

You mean, 2 more and the all 100 are accomplished?

@Hawkflight

Sure thing, I’ll put you on the list.

No, see the list in post 1 for how many are actually completed yet.

Rules and list in post 1

There is again 1 Makuta to be assigned

Hey this is version 3 of my Makuta moc. I changed the ankles and the mask connection. I also got rid of a lot of bulk and his hunched spine.

4 Likes

@Gilahu I’ll take that open spot. I have a new torso that I’d like to try out.

I am currently trying to build a Makuta, do I need to sign in or something?