The Brotherhood of Makuta - What About a Community MOC Project?

I’ll see if I can think of something over the next few days.

Rules and list in post 1
All Makuta are currently assigned

Also, here he is if you want to see him.

14 Likes

@Monopoly

Ok, I think I might already have a backstory for you:

Your Makuta was a technician, taking care of all the various systems of Destral originally. When Makuta were assigned to regions of the universe, your Makuta was assigned to the island of Vorlis which plays an important role in distributing the energy coming from Metru Nui throughout the rest of the universe.

During the Great Cataclysm these power distribution systems took heavy damage and so your Makuta was sent to make sure that everything got fixed properly on Vorlis. During this time he had to deal with several attempts by the Dark Hunters to sabotage his efforts in order to kill him as well as multiple Matoran uprisings once they realized the Brotherhood was behind the Great Cataclysm.
He died in a series of explosions caused by a Toa of Lightning’s Nova Blast, the Toa believing destroying Vorlis’s power systems was preferable to them falling under Brotherhood control. The local Matoran later repaired the damage again.

Rules and list in post 1

5 Likes

I’m back, sorry I have been super busy with finals and all.
Here is my current WIP I have changed him him a lot

3 Likes

That’s really nice, but add more dark red

1 Like

I think I will make a BL order later today for Doraxus’ mask.

@Kalmah_Ren

Not bad. Maybe a little bit gappy and the shoulder armor you attached to the back of the upper legs looks a little weird.

Could also do with a bit more dark red in the torso-shoulder area.

Maybe some spikes on the shoulders would work nicely, too - maybe in dark red if you can manage that? Or wings might also make him look more interesting.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

This is a bit of the progress I’ve made, though there’ll be more, better photos tomorrow. As you can see, I’ve remade virtually the entire model from scratch, but I tried to maintain his look. The only real problems right now are making the legs symmetrical, getting better balance, and replacing some pieces (many of my parts are starting to crack, which is why one hand isn’t attached). Also, the head isn’t final, I just have yet to chose his mask.

Again, apologies for the clutter in the background. I can arrange some slightly better photos before the year is out, but I’ll have to wait 'till I’m back to school to get a pure white background with good lighting.

2 Likes

I’d shorten the arms a bit. And shortening the lowest segment of the legs might help with stability. Shoulders could use some dark red, too.

Looking alright otherwise from what I can tell given the pictures’ orientation and the clutter in the background.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

Wait a second… Would Thornraxx’s (I hope I didn’t misspelled the name) be good for Droaxus?

Your decision. Could probably do with some custom additions below the mask piece as that seems to be fairly flat, though.

Rules and list in post 1

1 Like

Perfect! i’ll try to make the head tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, so please don’t unlist me.

1 Like

Alright folks! I wish you all a happy new year!

It’s also time for the reminders again, though - and for some of you to finally deliver what you’ve promised.

The people mentioned here, you have a week to show me sufficient WIP progress as well as give me an idea when I can expect your MOC to be finished. “Sufficient progress” means that unless it looks really, really good it better be nearly complete and uploaded soon.

@LeKrahka, @EmperorDuckie, @Condraxis, @Miraku, @ToaPanda

The people mentioned here, you’ve shown me your WIP progress, so from you I’d only like to know how long you think it will take you to finish your MOC (preferably within the next two weeks).

@Toa_Vladin, @darkbrick999

@ReeseEH (have seen your feedback, just mentioning you here for completeness’ sake)

The people mentioned here, you have about a month left, so from you I just want the usual like for this post for quick reference if you’re still active.

@Kalmah_Ren, @Monopoly, @Hawkflight

By the way - I updated the regions map in post 1.

Rules and list in post 1

8 Likes

I can finish the head today.

2 Likes

Go ahead and take me out, I’ve lost interest in the character I had.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll remove you from the list then.

Rules and list in post 1

There’s again 1 Makuta to be assigned

1 Like

I would like to take that spot.

Alright, I’ll put you on the list for a non-canon male Makuta then. Make sure to read the rules if you haven’t already.

Rules and list in post 1

2 Likes

@Gilahu You can go ahead and take me off the list, I’m having some trouble getting inspired, and I’m neck deep in school.

2 Likes

If be into taking that spot if that’s cool, I’ve had a couple new ideas and some spare time in the coming months along with a renewed interest in moccing