The Brotherhood of Makuta-Xiavlak

Name: Xiavlak
Assigned region: Southern Southern Continent
Kanohi: Tyrna, Great Mask of Reanimation

Name: Xiavlak
Assigned region: Southern Southern Continent
Kanohi: Tyrna, Great Mask of Reanimation

Created by Mata Nui from a pool of Antidermis somewhere on the Souther Regions, Xiavlak formed the Brotherhood of Makuta along with his fellow Makuta. He began to create Rahi, but usually killed most of them in order to reanimate them. He became obsessed with killing things and bringing them back from the grave, so much so he even requested to become the official Coroner for the Brotherhood. At the time of the Matoran Civil war he became overjoyed. He felt that the amount of bodies to toy with was endless, that was until he was assigned to a region off the coast of the southern continent. He became rueful of his fellow Makuta for stealing do many experiments from him. He grew into seclusion from his brothers, not being brave enough to challenge them. When Teridax called the Convocation of the Brotherhood he reluctantly left his region and joined his brothers. When Teridax revealed his plan he immediately sided with him hoping that this would allow him a higher rank in the Brotherhood, hoping it would lead to the other Makuta bringing him more bodies. He soon realized the majority of his fellow Makuta were against it. He was viewed as an oddball, to be avoided unless you needed a body or some other dead object. He willingly purged himself of light willingly along with his brothers. He decided his work wasn’t worth them and fully invested himself in his gruesome experiments. He started by killing small groups of Mantax’s Species and dragging them into his lair. The beings of his region soon became suspicious. Rumor has it that when he was transformed into Antidermis the evolution wasn’t complete, leaving his mind addled. Problem myth, it is supported by his disturbing actions afterwards. His experiments grew as he learned to train his Mask to raise two and soon more bodies from the grave. He was able to create a small guard of undead beings surrounding his lair. He finally took one step to far when he wiped out an entire village of Matax’s Species for one more experiment. The put the Matoran over the edge and they began plotting against him. They soon were able to convince a passing Mercenary to assist them. They lead a rebellion against Xiavlak and forced him into the center of his lair. He wiped out many of the creatures in the attack but was eventually defeated when his armor was crushed by a hammer. Even though he’s been dead for millennia, some rumors still float that his creations walk the now abandoned region.

Now that we have the story out of the way lets get to the moc.
It was my attempt to capture the look and feel of the Makuta. I also wanted to give him a Undertaker, Coroner, Hunchback look to fit his demented purpose.

Here’s a side shot of his build. I’m quite proud of the head attachment.

The only thing that makes me unhappy with this moc is the back legs, there a little gapy.

Here’s him, “working”…

Just an action shot.

His adaptive scythe in all three forms. Executioner’s Ax, Reaper’s Scythe, and Energy Spear.

Kneeling before his leader.

Another action shot.

Crushing Defeat.

56 Likes

STOP

OK?

JUST STOP, why does everyone have to kill solek?

pretty cool moc btw

4 Likes

actually that’s just a Takanuva stars figure that’s been mutilated for parts, but I can make it Solek for you.

1 Like

This is probably the best example of how small Teridax’s set form is compared to nowadays standards :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, let’s see:

MOC:
Definitely looks like a Makuta and I really like the legs. Could be bigger and especially the torso more custom, but these nitpicks aside I have to say - this is exactly how I want those Makuta MOCs to look. He looks like he’s straight out of G1 and I love it.

Story:
Basically works. Actually I like his obsession with dead things - something new. However, him killing Matoran on such a large scale is a little problematic considering that the Brotherhood really tried to keep up the facade of a benevolent organization until the sack of Artakha/ the Toa Hagah’s rebellion. Also Xiavlak dying through the hands of a Toa is against the rules.

Best solution I can currently think of would be replacing the Matoran and Toa with members of Carapar’s and/or Mantax’s species who simply went and killed Xiavlak when they had enough of him.

So, make small modifications to the backstory, then I’ll accept your entry.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks for the feedback.

Ok, MOC accepted, thanks a lot for participating!

Thanks for accepting me.

1 Like

Dude, I don’t know what I was expecting, but this is seriously awesome. The thighs especially are really nice.

1 Like

Thanks, spent a lot of time covering them up with armor.

I like this MOC. It’s got a really sturdy looking build, with nice detailing, good color scheme, and cool weapons.

1 Like

Thanks

Has he fallen and can’t get up?

1 Like

Yes, yes he has.

1 Like

I really like the build and concept

1 Like

Thank you.

Bro this is amazing, the Tryna definitely looks like it belongs to a makuta.

1 Like

Poor Solek… But Great moc!

1 Like

Thanks, I specifically left the visor off for that, but I still wasn’t sure.

@zenomorph4 It’s not Solek exactly, it’s accually some poor Takanuva Stars, but thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Man, I love how that mask looks over the head without the inner-trans-diver-mask-thingy, it makes him look perpetually angry. The whole thing is fantastic all around.

1 Like

Thanks for the support, I wasn’t sure about the Tyrna at first.