The "Clickbait" Topic

Jake Noodles

I have to have a bit of a chuckle when I see clickbait satire/parody turn into actual clickbait. I am not going to say where I saw this (nor is that an invite to start guessing), just know that I have seen this happen.

1 Like

Saw new post in topic, clicked. Comment talks about clickbait but doesn’t say what it is…
CLICKBAIT. Lol.

1 Like

I don’t want to start something in the topic and have it go off topic. What I was referencing is debatable. I felt it was clickbait satire gone wrong, but others may not feel that way. Not everybody is me and I am a little more strict than most people when it comes to this stuff. Preventative maintenance.

1 Like

I agree and respect that but I still think it is kinda ironic if you think about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s not ironic in the slightest. I am not trying to decieve people, I am just trying to avoid causing arguments.

I understand where your logic is coming from, but it cannot be applied to a reply in a forum thread. The reply doesn’t link to anything and I don’t benefit from the reply unless people like it and even then that doesn’t really do anything except show that people like the reply. I am being vague for the sake of not starting an argument as I said before. Plus I feel it is not fair to name an individual or group given how subjective clickbait can get (barring certain, ultra-specific instances and situations).

Now if my reply was an article or video title that said “CLICKBAIT SATIRE GONE WRONG” or “This is how you don’t do clickbait parody” without mentioning or showing any specific examples in the article or video, then that would most certainly be clickbait. Side note: the first one is definitely clickbait, but you get my point.

1 Like

It was ironic from my position, not in what you were trying to convey but in that the topic is called The “Clickbait” Topic and your first comment didn’t give any examples thus clickbaiting me. My situation therefore was where the irony was, not your comment.

Like I said, I agree with and respect your decision not to share examples but not doing so is what put the joke on me (which I found quite amusing and ironic).

1 Like