The DC Universe

No.
■■■■■■■.
Zack Snyder should go to the corner for MoS and BvS

8 Likes

stop

don’t

1 Like

I don’t think he didn’t see this thread because, it’s on a BIONICLE Forum.

1 Like

Just because I stated he would be happy, doesn’t mean I want him to be.

@Spiderus_Prime And he wouldn’t read this. He clearly doesn’t care about any fans of anything anyway.

So how about that Ultimate Edition?

So how about those Justice League details?

So they just released this. Better than most of their trailers.

1 Like

Well guys, DCEU is officially doomed…

1 Like

Ah the adorable DCEU is doomed people. Like Marvel is any better, their stuff is extremely cookie cutter by the numbers garbage(only MCU movie that I’m actually interested in is Doctor Strange, cause it adds something new, maybe Guardians of the Galaxy 2).

But if you get all your info off of Rotten Tomatoes, stop using it, watch and judge for your self. I am most likely gonna enjoy the movie.

2 Likes

I mean, I watched Batman vs Superman in the theater and it was pretty terrible, so I’m gonna go listen to the reviews on this one.

Even if it is cookie-cutter at times, they pull it off better than DC can do when they try to make original stuff. They found a formula that never grows old.

(Plus Civil War was pretty darn good. Watched it myself. Pretty happy with how that one turned out. It wasn’t cookie-cutter at all.)

4 Likes

That may be true, but there’s a reason why that’s getting better reception among viewers/fans than DC is–the history behind the comics. Cliches and cookie-cutter plots were the backbone of both DC and Marvel comics back in the day, and there’s a certain charm to them that’s distinctly “comic book-y.” Marvel recognizes this fact, and thus makes films that, while touching on more adult themes, still retain the fun, zany aspect of a lot of the old comics.

For DC, it’s the opposite–they seem to be convinced that the only way to make an adequate superhero film for a modern audience is to inject copious amounts of grit, angst, and general darkness, which seems incongruous when you consider the fact that these characters are jumping around in brightly colored spandex. It just doesn’t fit.

Now, of course, both Marvel and DC have characters and stories with darker elements–Batman being the prime example for DC. The Christian Bale movies worked well because the filmmakers weren’t trying to turn something that was once lighthearted into a dark grimfest–Batman was already that way. But Superman? Wonder Woman? Aquaman? The look and feel of those characters don’t mesh well with DC’s current approach to filmmaking, which is why they are adapted…but in the adaptation, the old flavor of the characters is lost, and fans are disappointed. Yes, it’s not “cookie-cutter,” but in trying to break the mold, it both succeeds and fails–it succeeds at creating something new, but fails at representing what already was.

11 Likes

The problem is, my dudes, that WB saw the Dark Knight trilogy and did not recognize it as an exception, but instead a rule.

10 Likes

That seems to be the greatest tragedy.

While professional movie critics seem to hate this movie, people like Angry Joe love it. Listen to the Angry Joe people as they are actual fans.

As for a style that never grows old, gonna have to dispute that. Marvel’s first few films I liked, then I gradually lost interest in them, only Marvel movies I even want to see right now(or have any interest in) are Doctor Strange and GotG 2. While I’m looking forward to all of DC’s movies.

Although another reason I am losing interest in the MCU would be the stupid choices Marvel has made with their comics.

1 Like

I saw it, I liked it, it’s not a trashfire, it’s not Jack Kirby descended from the heavens. It is just a movie.

The choices that MARVEL has made with their comics, such as making Thor a woman, have literally no affect on the MCU.

Don’t connect your hatred like that.

Which have so far been very cookie-cutter with their focus on darkness and bleakness. I’m sorry, but DC has just been doing bad with their movies. I watched Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. They were pretty terrible. I watched Civil War and Ant-Man, and they were spectacular and, well, fun.

Even when Marvel tries to bring a message with a darker tone like Winter Soldier and Civil War, they’re still fun to watch. I don’t get that out of DC’s current line of films.

DC is no better than Marvel.

10 Likes

There’s no reasn to bring comics into this. While I haven’t read any of the comics for either side, I see no reason to connect your hate for one type of media to the other. That’s being closed minded imo.

3 Likes

I consider myself a critic.
I also consider myself a fan.
Why can’t I be both?

1 Like

I liked Man of Steel, far more than any of Marvel’s stuff. The last Marvel movie I watched was Ant Man, which really, was only good because of that Latino guy. He was cool, rest of the movie was meh. Civil War I refused to watch.

Why? That one was great.

3 Likes

Man of Steel is not that good, imo.

that doesn’t sound racist at all

Civil War is a magnificent movie. You should watch it.

7 Likes

I’d have to agree with this. I read absolutely no comics yet still enjoy some of the other media created by both franchises in the past (like the Marvel’s MCU, and DC’s old Justice League cartoon, both of which I can enjoy without any knowledge of comics).

6 Likes