The DC Universe

The movies are based on the comics. The comics were made LONG before Disney bought MARVEL, Disney didn’t even buy the comics, they bought the studios.

Also, Warner Bros. owns DC, so if you’re saying DC’s so good, doesn’t that mean that Warner Bros. is good as opposed to DC? Using your logic, anyway.

7 Likes

Just saw Suicide Squad. It was ok. Nothing great, but certainly not worth a 29% on Rotten Tomatoes.

1 Like

Makes sense. People are probably are thinking back to BvS and stuff like that.

1 Like

Went on Rotten Tomatoes. Critic score: 26%. Audience score: 73%.

2 Likes

Yeah I absolutely loved the movie. I get why a critic who isn’t familiar with the DC universe might not get it and give it a low rating, but I loved it from start to finish. As a big time time DC fanboy, it gave me everything I wanted and more.

3 Likes

This is a good review, unlike the critic bashing that some fans seem to automatically resort to.

4 Likes

Good or not, I hope they release David Ayer’s version of the movie.

@OraNui On the bright side, Goyer isn’t writing Justice League, nor is Snyder.

1 Like

I found the movie delightful.
The style was odd, but I found that appealing.
Don’t just read the reviews, go watch the movie and form your own opinions.

1 Like

First 40 minutes, :thumbsup:. After that, it crashed and burned.

1 Like

I wonder if Wonder Woman will be any good since the last two movies have been received poorly. And even Man of Steel was a little.

5 Likes

It wasn’t “bad”, it was just extremely generic. The problem I see currently with DCEU is that it focuses on action and destruction to bring people in, similar to those awful Michael Bay Transformer movies. If it was about developing characters and seeing them interact, becoming a lot more character driven rather than about large amounts of action then the movies would be more than just barely bearable.

Of course, “Snyder and friends” would have to actually learn who the characters are in order to do that. :wink:

4 Likes

What I really wanted to see in Batman vs Superman was just focusing on the conflict with Bat and Supes. Putting Doomsday in there and leading up to Justice League just kind of ruined it.

Lex Luthor also sucked. I wish they did him better.

8 Likes

Ya know what ruined it? Taking most of the focus to set up Batman. Should’ve made at least just a Batman movie and a 2nd Man of Steel before it.

2 Likes

I think what annoys me the most about the DCEU is that because of the Suicide Squad movie, the shared characters had to be cut out of the story for Arrow. I feel like the rather lackluster 3 and 4th seasons would have been much better had the showrunners been able to keep Deadshot and Amanda Waller around.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this didn’t affect the show much…
The Suicide Squad episodes were generally just episodes for fun, with some of the main story in it.

3 Likes

It’s been made public knowledge that the higher ups made the TV show universe kill off their suicide squad characters for the sake of the movie.

That being said, I thought season 3 of arrow was the best season, and I also didn’t really like the arrow Amanda Waller. Arrow’s deadshot though was :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Wait, so are the DC TV Shows actually connected to the Cinematic Universe or not? I’ve heard conflicting stories about how interlaced they actually are, especially concerning The Flash, where there was the whole debate about whether or not it was right to recast Flash for the Justice League movie. I know that Superman is supposed to appear on Supergirl at some point, and that Henry Cavill isn’t playing him, so is DC just expecting people to go along with that and have some sort of suspension of disbelief, or are the two universes not at all connected?

1 Like

No. The shows are in an alternate reality separate from the movies. The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Vixen, The Ray, and Constantine are all in their own reality. Gotham is completely separate from those shows and the movies. Gotham is really just fan fiction but with a bigger budget.

1 Like

I’m can’t believe we’ve are going off-topic, about the DCTU then the DCEU instead and plus Gotham is kinda the Smallville of 2010’s because it’s a prequel to Batman’s early years liked how Smallville is a prequel to Superman’s early years.

1 Like

Pretty much this, even though it’s a pretty bad idea honestly. The only ones who would know that they’re separate are invested fans that look these things up. Casuals will just think they’re part of the same thing, thus making it confusing to them, and you never want to confuse and disorient your main consumers.

Heck, the mere idea of separate continuities turn casuals off for the most part. It even turns me off to an extent.

3 Likes