The DC Universe

Apokolips is spelled correctly as it isn’t referring to the event, but the planet that Darkseid rules.

1 Like

If this is for the 2017 movie, then I think they should just keep it as “Justice League”, as it is the first JL cinematic movie to actually be released. Kind of like how The Avengers was titled just that, because it was the first one. The sequels, however, should have subtitles.

But that’s just my philosophy.

3 Likes

so… i have not seen any of the movies.

but if the Joker shows up in future movies in the DCCU, then i personaly hope they do the “three Joker” thing (is that still correct by the way, i don’t read the comics so is that info still true?)

because i would love to see a scene like this happend:

2 Likes

It’s probably the title for the second one.

@DarkHenrik I don’t want that. Jared Leto could still turn out good. His deleted scenes seemed like they would’ve made him more convincing.

https://youtu.be/GmDU4l8GcI8

1 Like

I see this being rebooted if Justice League and Wonder woman fail in the box office.

1 Like

Ho boi. More DC reboots. ho boi,

2 Likes

Wonder Woman might do well, its more colourful and things - and i feel that could draw in a few fans + a female led Superhero movie.

I dont expect Justice League to perform well, and honestly i dont want it to because everything about it seems tacky like an Avengers rip-off, and thats not what Justice League should be.

He seems to have no desire to return… and i dont expect him to as he likely didnt have a contract or they would force him into the Batman movie they have planned.

3 Likes

I don’t know… he said even after Suicide Squad he still wants to be in The Batman.

To be honest, unless the critics are as negative to Wonder Woman and Justice League as they were to something like that hideous Catwoman film from a while back, I don’t think they will bomb at the box office. They might still get bad reviews, but they’ll probably still make a lot of money. Here’s why: We forget how critical in general we as nerds can be compared to a lot of people. Casual audiences tend to be more accepting of not so good films (although both Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad definitely made some people want to leave). Plus there trailers tend to be very good no matter how bad the movie is (minus most of the BvS trailers, and I doubt they will make that mistake again). Suicide Squad especially had really good trailers, that made us hope it would be good, before we actually saw the film and disliked it. They’ve made some of the best trailers, so they’re able to reel in both nerds like us, and anybody who happens to hear about these movies.

3 Likes

So do everyone is ready for Wonder Bread Woman, since I heard the movie got positing reviews on it’s second viewing, ever compare to Captain America: The First Avenger.

1 Like

This is a dilemma I’m having: I want it to succeed and I want it to fail.

A Wonder Woman movie doing well in the box office and getting critical praise is a dream for a comic book fan, and this film looks like it might do it on the first outing. Plus I love Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

But this is from the DCEU, a project I desperately want dead, and to speed up it’s death, I want all of it’s films to fail. I hate it, but I feel it’s a necessary evil.

4 Likes

I want them to fail so the next time they try they can actually have their crap together and make good movies.

2 Likes

Y’know what is the funniest thing? DC’s movies are very different from the comics, same deal with Marvel. For one thing the MCU will never have Captain America turn out to be a Nazi. Meanwhile in the comics of DC, Superman is married to Lois and has a kid.

Seriously I know Marvel fans who are more excited for DC stuff than Marvel stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-minute-a151084

Well, according to this source there’s a lot of positive reactions, and I do want it to be true, but yes I have similar feelings of wanting it to fail so DC finally learns. I have no reason to complain if the movie is actually good. Will the movie get the DCEU out of it’s giant hole? I have no idea to be completely honest, at the very least, it might have influence on other films. My compromise is that this movie is both a financial and critical success, while Justice League bombs in every way possible. Obviously, I don’t think it will play out exactly like that, but that’s how’d I like it so we still have a good WW movie but JL’s failure would still teach them a lesson.

All in all, we won’t know anything for sure until the movie is out. However, I will only watch this movie if I hear enough positive buzz, I’m not gonna be tricked for the third time.

2 Likes

It’s hard to be hyped for something that is consistently good.

2 Likes

One of the biggest problems I have personally with the DCEU is the consistently dark tone. One of the biggest perks with Marvel is that the characters within the movie, like Hawkeye, are consistently commenting on how ridiculous it can get sometimes. This is a comic book franchise about people dressed in spandex who can shoot lazers from their eyes, and for some reason they have to make every character dark and broody.
That’s my main hope for Wonder Woman, and what seems to be coming through in the trailers. I want the DCEU to be SO much more lighthearted. I get it with characters like Batman; he’s supposed to be dark. But let Batman be dark. Make Superman the Boy Scout he’s supposed to be. Let Wonder Woman make a bunch of quips. Just don’t take yourselves so seriously.

That is a really good point.

4 Likes

Yeah no, what you want is the MCU up to eleven with different names. While a light hearted tone would be good, I do not want the DCEU to be the same as the MCU(which of late have been feeling really cookie cutter IMO, Guardians and Strange are the best ones yet as they have something unique).

The MCU isn’t very light hearted. They just actually have some comedy to lighten the tone, unlike DC with is usually just dark and brooding all the way through.

3 Likes

That’s what I mean. At least a few jokes and I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

The “darkness” of the DC movies are not the main problem.

2 Likes