The DC Universe

Meh it’s still the only DC movie I’ve truly enjoyed in a long time (excluding TLBM of course). If you don’t like it I can’t really change your opinion.

IMDB may have killed off their message boards but a lot of newer movies get a ton of trolls and fanboys just voting everything a 1/10 or a 10/10. So the website isn’t exactly 100% reliable when it comes to reviews. That being said, I’m sure they’re are some reviews that do give reasons no matter what their opinion is, whether or not I agree with them, so I’d rather have an explanation of why you didn’t like Wonder Woman, rather than sift through lousy IMDB reviews.

3 Likes

I would appreciate this as well.

I thought it was a rather good film. Most films nowadays are going for the serious tone for superhero movies. Wonder Woman was a breath of fresh air because it took lots of flaws in movies and addressed them properly.

1. The scenes with the men having an issue with a woman in a room? It was dealt with historic context and not shoving politics in our face. That I appreciated.

2. The movies actually made me ENJOY watching a superhero fight. It helps when Wonder Woman’s awesome theme, amazing action scenes, and overall just freaking awesomeness of the character.

3. Chris Pine was a fantastic supporting role. In fact, all the supporting cast in this film was excellent.

4. It actually was a good female superhero movie for once. Thank goodness.

5. While the villains were cheesy, I thought it was entirely appropriate. The movie was dealing with Wonder Woman’s golden-age self, and so it really fit the tone. Also, the villains, while being one-dimensional, just felt so fun to watch, especially when they did evil stuff. Ares was interesting to me because he broke expectations (plus I seem to be the only one who actually liked him).

6. It was fun to finally have a superhero who didn’t have conflicting morals. She just did good because because she actually cared about people. That’s it. It was a breath of fresh air. It was the traditional hero back on screen, and I really did root for her. Even when Ares tried to shake her morals, she stuck to them, and it was just brilliant.

7. I actually thought the red herring was brilliantly pulled off, despite being confusing post-watching.

I also wanna commend the director for not being afraid to add cheese to a movie. Cheese isn’t bad, just badly executed cheese is. Glad to see someone make a great film and not be afraid to touch a hero’s roots. Maybe that’s why the film was so good; it was like a love letter to the character, like the Raimi Spider-Man films.

2 Likes

Dude, IMDb user reviews are a complete mess, just look at reviews for movies like redlettermedia’s space cop, cool cat saves the kids, Alvin and the chipmunks: the road chip or most movies IHE has reviewed. I’m fine if you weren’t a fan of the movie but you shouldn’t bring user reviews into any argument.

1 Like

Totally accurate and reliable IMDb review:

6 Likes

Some more user reviews.

3 Likes

I’m like 50% certain those are troll reviews.

Of course there is the 50% chance that the reviewers aren’t trolling.

That’s kind of the point. You should always take online reviews with a grain (sometimes a bucket) of salt. These are clearly just joke reviews, which is why you shouldn’t always believe them.

1 Like

Troll posts? On the internet? Inconceivable!

3 Likes

I saw Wonder Woman, today and it was good.

3 Likes

Justice League has 37% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I guess it’s back to the dark ages…

4 Likes

I saw justice league, it had bright spots but overall I did not like it.

I’m not surprised at all by Justice League’s reception. As far as the DCEU goes I’m only interested in Wonder Woman 2. Everything else though, seems to be going in the direction we expect.

3 Likes

I will admit that justice league has an awesome after credits scene.

1 Like

I loved Justice League. Objectively it may have been average, but it was fun. It had some great moments. Like Flash realizing that Superman could not only percieve him at high speed, but match him! That was epic.

I’m skipping Justice League. I might see it on DVD but it isn’t worth watching in theaters like Wonder Woman was.

2 Likes

Just got out of the theater and i can say, justice league is a much better movie than i was expecting. Its honestly my favorite DCEU movie to date, my only problem with it was the climax felt to short i dont need to blurr that do i?

1 Like

All you did was say that you felt the climax was too short, That was super vague and gave no spoilers away, so it is probably ok.

I saw justice league again and I think I hate this movie. At first I thought it just wasn’t that good but now I think it’s one of my least favorites of the year.

Personally, I think this franchise should be rebooted.