The Elder Scrolls

Oh, okay.

I would love to see an Elder Scrolls game where we find the Dwemer, and possibly see them return to Tamriel. It would make for an interesting plot.

1 Like

They didn’t believe in any deity’s so they wouldn’t go to specific realms.

But they also weren’t killed by the DB so they’re likely not in “the void”.

Somewhere in oblivion is most likely but it hasn’t been revealed if the dwemer have a place to go in death (or if they even go to their death realm because the just disappeared)

Would be interesting.

'wonder how they’d react to places like Markarth and whatnot being re-purposed by other people.

3 Likes

They would probably react the same way the Byzantines did to barbarian kingdoms in the Western Roman empire.

Not too kindly.

3 Likes

There’s that one College of Winterhold quest where you find Keening, though, in which you can hear the faint voices of what are presumably the Dwemer. So they definitely still exist, though it’s probably a horrific existence.

2 Likes

If you can hear their voices through Keening, maybe that means that theres some kind of connection between them, which can possibly be used to bring them back.

3 Likes

That quest brings up another point.

If Arniel’s shade could be called back could a dwarven one be called back?

Also where did our favorite dwarf from Fyr’s cellar go?

2 Likes

One would assume so, since Keening and Sunder were the tools that transformed them in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can’t see why not, although it might be more difficult because the Dwemer have been gone for so long. In fact I would love to do that in-game and pester the shade with questions. (If it could even answer them)

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Though that’s just a theory

A game theory

2 Likes

Could you provide a link to the theory? I want to see their evidence.

2 Likes

Oh boy, it’s been awhile. I’ll see if I can dredge something up.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/wiki/faq#wiki_what_happened_to_the_dwemer.3F_can_they_come_back.3F

This is the best thing I could find on short notice (And their sources are both long-winded and non-canon, so take it with a grain of salt).

4 Likes

Seems like an interesting theory, I’ll have to read into it more later.

That page also introduced me to CHIM, and I REALLY don’t like the idea of Mundus being a dream of the Godhead.

2 Likes

I remember when I had my first mind-breaking existential TES universe crisis. You’re growing up so fast. :')

4 Likes

AW C’MON.

WHY DO I KEEP MISSING THESE THINGS D:

Dangit.

5 Likes

So, where do you guys think the next Elder Scrolls game will take place?

3 Likes

Possibly in Tamriel. :wink:

4 Likes

WOAH, REALLY? Who would have guessed!

Is

4 Likes

Either Elsweyr or High Rock.

3 Likes