The Elder Scrolls

Hm.

Maybe add some legendary cards, to encourage you to keep playing?

1 Like

I’ve played a bit of the beta awhile back but haven’t gotten back to it since then, and I feel that this pretty much mirrors why I haven’t played more of it.

It’s a shame really, since I like the overall gameplay, but there’s no real reason to keep playing, and I feel the game is not fun enough to just keep playing for the sake of playing it.

2 Likes

Maybe they should reward the player with lore and other interesting things.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. Though now I’m kinda glad I wasn’t in the beta. XD Who knows, maybe it’ll be like TESO and they’ll drastically improve it over time.

2 Likes

I think it would be really cool to have a game set in Akavir. I would love to learn about the four races that reside there.

4 Likes

What do Dunmer say when their liquor is stronger than expected?

Good Greef!

5 Likes

10/10 better than my move along joke.

3 Likes

To prepare for Skyrim Special edition coming out in october I thought I would make a mod that lets all Items (with exceptions where needed) be “uncrafted”.

Sadly Skyrim item IDs and creation kit names are a mess so I’ve delayed the project until Skyrim special comes out because I refuse to do this twice.

2 Likes

I forgot they dropped the NDA. I dunno what it’s like now but I got bored quitequickly when playing the closed beta- the game felt blocky and the cut scenes left a lot to be desired- however I blame that on the fact everything said placeholder on it, so that’s not a fair judgement. I feel it’d be more interesting if you collected the cards but had character models on the elder scroll instead of the cards- like yugioh or something. I dunno, I just didn’t like watching cards bash each other I guess. Elder scrolls would make a great battle and conquer game- like Lego battles.

2 Likes

I had a pretty similar opinion honestly.

If I wasn’t playing so much ESO I might go back to it to see how much it has improved.

1 Like

So I plan on eventually getting Skyrim for PC, the question is will buying it on Steam effect my ability to download mods? 'Cause that Bionicle mod looks pretty sweet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The only way to get modern AAA games on PC is to buy them on Steam in some capacity. Even buying the physical version just ends up being a pretty case that gives you a code and directs you to downloading your new purchase off of Steam.

3 Likes

My advice with every game is to play it for a while in vanilla first. You will only know what to change with mods after you get the chance to experience it for yourself.

However you did imply you’ve had the console version so in that case ignore my advice and download whatever mod you want.

Also for future reference, Steam rarely changes the file structure of a game too much so mods aren’t usually an issue. In fact steam has a workshop to download mods with the click of a button. The nexus has arguably better mods but you risk messing up your files.

Lastly if you buy the PC version with DLC before the 28th you get the remastered version free. I personally will be using that version from then on.

1 Like

Speaking of which:

2 Likes

On the topic of the whole mod discussion, I want to add that you should make your go-to place for mods Nexus. Steam is bleh and doesn’t have the really good ones.

I’d say the Special Edition is worth it specifically because it’s 64-bit. Not to mention it looks pretty without changing too much of the desired artistic atmosphere the team had going for the game. I’ve seen ENBs that take that away and make it look like a totally different game and it loses that TES feel in the process. That and ENBs have a bad habit of messing up interior lighting (making them too dark or too light) and don’t co-operate well with vanilla 32-bit Skyrim. The frame rate issues man, 32-bit is not ENB friendly.

2 Likes

Dude it looks blooming-ly awesome, i’m liking the look of SK:SE a lot (Not to be confused with SKSE).

3 Likes

I don’t own a console :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I apologize. I was under the impression that you were upgrading to PC.

If you aren’t upgrading, I recommend you put a few hours into the game before you do any modding.

Oh cool, so you’re a new guy! Do you have time to hear about our protector and creator Lorkhan? XD

2 Likes

'Twas the plan. I need to try the given world first before adding my own flavor :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that Skyrim’s version of the JWs?

2 Likes