The Elder Scrolls

It’s worth noting that every texture in the game has been redone, and that those ugly tree models have been replaced with far superior ones (especially those awful snow tree ones from vanilla Skyrim). Environments also feel more alive because they’ve implemented proper flora density.

While playing you should also notice that clothing textures look better than they originally were, and there is in fact a depth of field slider to make it suit your preferences. The game is also a lot more brighter (looks more realistic honestly), getting rid of that nasty grey overtone. It also doesn’t have that awkward Oblivion styled lighting. They’ve also added a quicksave option in the save menu.

The only thing that’s mildly disappointing is that you STILL can’t jump while sprinting, you have to stop sprinting, wait for that small delay, and then jump like in the Vanilla game, which just hurts gameplay when you’re trying to run away from a serious threat. It’s also unrealistic, because anyone who can run can jump while they’re running. It’s also a shame that the third person camera is tied to your character while walking still. Fallout 4 followed previous Bethesda games by letting you look at your character’s face as you walked forward, allowing for some immersive dramatic walking moments.

4 Likes

Do it.

4 Likes

Yikes, don’t forget to tell him to download some character and environmental overhaul mods. Otherwise you have to deal with THAT staring at you everywhere you go. XD

4 Likes

I haven’t gotten around to play Morrowind yet, so I can’t really say anything about it. However, I do feel this video might be worth watching if you’re considering it.

4 Likes

@Tarvaax @John_Smith @Kan @LokaCola
Thanks for the reply’s. Based on what iv’e seen and heard about Morrowind, it seems really fun and immersive and iv’e decided to buy it on steam soon. (Especially since it comes with “Bloodmoon” and “Tribunal” the expansions.)

3 Likes

PROTIP:

Disable Tribunal.esp in the load folder unless you’re at least level 15.

EDIT:

@CrusaderofCaesar1 it was tribunal, my bad xD.

4 Likes

What’s the reason? (What have I been doing wrong all this time?)

2 Likes

Why? Is it like in Dawnguard, where NPC’s will get killed by enemies?

2 Likes

You’ll get Dark Brotherhood assasins trying to kill you, even if you’re level 1.

3 Likes

Oh. I remember that happened to me in Skyrim once. I still don’t know why they were after me.

If I need to disable it I will. Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

…That wasn’t base game bs? Freaking (censored expletive). I just thought that was normal Morrowind cruelty.

2 Likes

SKREE SKREE.

3 Likes

Dark Brother Hood Assassins are better than Cliff Racers any day… Thank Jiub for ending their existence.

3 Likes

Praise based Jiub.

3 Likes

The console version actually set it so this happens after level 9

This is one of the few times the PC version is inferior.

4 Likes

Well I got Morrowind, and it’s great!
But i’m somewhat confused as to why they removed medium armor in Oblivion and Skyrim. It seems like medium armor could help create quite unique character builds.

I’m also pretty glad I didn’t disable Tribunal; I killed 4 Dark Brotherhood assassins, took their armor, and then sold it to make a ton of money.

Also Cliff Racers are annoying.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club buddy.

4 Likes

I don’t get it.

My very first playthrough of Morrowind I did not encounter cliff racers until I got to Suran.

EVERY other playthrough has involved at least one highly embarrasing death by one (or often more than one)

4 Likes

My first playthrough involved me running (fast walking really, because Morrowind hates cowards like me) from 12 of them, getting torn apart after being cornered, and then rage quitting.

2 Likes

Why is everyone freaking out about Cliff Racers? The only reason I think they’re annoying is the sound, and they slow me down. I think they’re actually quite easy to kill, and I haven’t been killed my them once.

1 Like