The Elder Scrolls

Walking trees, Thalmor Oppression, a possible clarification on the exact terms of the green pact.

A fair amount could be done.

2 Likes

Payed mods that arent mods but actually are mods…God I hate Bathesdas business practice, they are becoming something as bad or worse than Valve. This better not touch TES.

I personally would absolutely LOVE it if TES VI was set either in Black Marsh or Elsweyr. Mostly because the beast races are my favorites. Since Elsweyr is kinda small on its own, though, I’d combine it with Valenwood.

However, I deem it most likely that the next game will be set in Hammerfell. I know that Skyrim borders on Hammerfell, but for some reason the amount of Redguard stuff in that game indicates that to me. Also storywise Hammerfell would probably work pretty well, given that the Redguards are the ones most openly defying the Thalmor.

But most of all I want to see more cultural diversity again. Skyrim just felt like 70% Nords and 30% Imperials (not taking the Dragonborn DLC into consideration). One of the best things about Oblivion was that you could meet all kinds of people from every race scattered throughout the whole province. Sure, Cyrodiil is located in the center of the continent and its capital is also the capital of the whole continent, while Skyrim is kinda at the edge of nowhere and has hardly any political importance, not to mention the harsh climate, but still…

I admit I don’t know much about Hammerfell’s geography, but I always thought of it as being 90% desert. And I’d really like to travel through a land mostly covered in forests instead of wastelands for a change. Especially considering modern graphics.

Playing Morrowind for a while now also made me realize another thing - Skyrim and especially Oblivion have a HUGE lack of ways of transportation. Sure, you can quick travel in these games, which kinda makes everything else unecessary, but it feels way more immersive if you pay an NPC to take you with his Silt Strider to another city or if you have to cast a spell. The boats (only 3 places to go, I think) and carriages (you can only take one from 4 places in teh game if I recall correctly) in Skyrim are a joke compared to the different means of transportation in Morrowind:

• Teleporting from one Mages Guild to another
  • Silt Strider routes linking most major cities and villages in the south and west
  • Boats can take you to every settlement along the coast
  • Mark and return spells to take you back to a specific spot
  • ALMSIVI intervention to teleport you to the nearest temple
  • Divine Intervention to teleport you to the nearest Imperial Cult Shrine
  • Teleporting between fortresses if you own the required keystones

I didn’t even miss instantaneous quick travel in Morrowind, something that even surprised myself.

1. You are correct in assuming it’s basically mods.

2. yes you are paying for it but it’s an attempt to support the mod author.

3. If it wasn’t overpriced I’d actually approve but when a single armor set factors to about 5 dollars or so it’s too much. (Though any EA game would sell you less for an even higher price)

ESO did good on it’s part by mixing in other staples of warm climes as well as the expected desert.[quote=“Gilahu, post:526, topic:3781”]
(you can only take one from 4 places in teh game if I recall correctly)
[/quote]

The main carriages can take you to any capitol of a hold (that’s 9)

The ones you build at your house in hearthfire can take you to any town period.

1 Like

Anyone who has a brain should not support Bathesdas Creation Club. This is a direct threat posed to consumers and the comunnity and if this kind of behavior becomes normal, it will set presidence for othe companies manipulating consumers in buying less content with higher prices with much lower quality. It will also be the end of free user based content of any substantial kind. It also threatens current modders through legal means and censoring them if they ever wished to make similar content for free. Bare in mind the current CC content has already been made on the Nexus for free and has more options for customization in general. Not to mention each modder has direct contact with the user base.

Guys do not allow this corrupt practice to even take foot.

PS: those mods that are now on the CC, yeah they download onto your game wheter you payed for them or not and only unlock after you purchase them through microtransactions. Essentialy a paywall indicative of Day 1 DLCs. Whats also bad is that it forcefully takes space on your harddrive and you cant delete it cause t it works as a patch for the game, without the patch you cant play the game, and you cant install free mods from the nexus.
Currently it takes up 700MB, and it will continue to get larger and just waste your hard drive space with unneeded unwanted useless data.

With this info Im pretty sure its clear what they are doing should not be supported in any way.

Yes, but I was talking about the number of places you can find a carriage to begin with - and that’s only the bigger cities (forgot that it were 5 instead of 4, though) - if I remember correctly. So this still only makes it 5 to 8 places (counting your homsteads) you can potentially find a carriage.

Given that Skyrim is supposed to be at civil war (which by the way you’re hardly aware of most of the time), I’d imagine that every town and every village would be an important interstation for supply caravans who keep the armies (which you never see) supplied. You could have talked to some soldier who then would have told you that there’s a convoy just heading out to some location and you can join it if you want. It will cost you if you’re neutral, it won’t cost anything if you’ve joined this side, you won’t be allowed to travel this way if you’re on the enemy side.
Or quick traveling with the Khajiit caravans - why isn’t that possible?

2 Likes

Akivir would also be an interesting place to visit, though Bethesda seems to hate the idea of making a game on a continent other than Tamriel.

1 Like

Finally got Oblivion and Morrowind for the Steam Winter Sale. Quite excited to play both of them, honestly. Skyrim has been fun, but I want to get into deeper lore and better storytelling.

3 Likes

Use mods if you can. Morrowind is visually passable, there’s a charm to the blocky shapes of the world, but Oblivion is the land of walking potatoes.

4 Likes

It’s kinda charming if you ask me. I like seeing lots of ugly people. Makes the good looking people stand out.

3 Likes

Real talk, TES needs real spears and Halberds.

Not like morrowind where both were essentially the same thing reskinned with different damage numbers.

Like Bethesda really aught to give them good animations to call their own,

(I’m also in the market for a good spear mod for skyrim, I use private eye’s armory right now but the spears don’t have their own animation so they borrow from existing weapons)

4 Likes

The combat itself needs a huge overaul. It made sense with the technical limitations of Morrowind, but the generic awkward lookinh hack and slash combat just doesn’t work anymore. I’d even be fine with a mesh between Zelda/HZD/TW3 for combat.

If they have to, I’d even be fine with ditching first person perspective during combat. In fact, that seems to be holding them back the most. First person is great for exploration, but combat needs to be 3rd person in order to be robust. It’d also make all the time you spend on the character you create have meaning.

2 Likes

I got Skyrim SE over the winter sale and I’ve been playing it to death when I can.

4 Likes

Everyone should make sure to check the internet ocassionally this year, because Skyblivion is getting close to being done.

2 Likes

Man I really love Morrowind.

I remember when I was a scrub and didn’t like it.

I couldn’t hit anything. My armor was weak. I was so slow with walking. An unclothed guy with an axe could destroy me and my armor. Eventually I gave up because I was so weak and couldn’t do it anymore. The game was too hard for me. What’s the point of playing a game if you can’t find any joy in it?

But Morrowind wouldn’t leave my mind. The thought of “maybe I will get better” kept coming to me while I distracted myself with the beautiful game of Oblivion. But I was scared that I would just stop enjoying the game. Eventually I did return. I decided to work with the game.

Oh boy was that difficult. Often times my armor was really goofy, mismatched, and my skills were too low. I wasn’t up to speed with how the game worked. CLIFFRACERS kept trying to murder me whenever I traveled. Yet, there was a small sense of progression.

That progression grew. My character became more powerful. I started to earn titles, learning of my character’s destiny to become the savior of Morrowind. I could finally start hitting things. I was walking faster. I wouldn’t die so easily.

I did more quests. I proved myself to the Ashlanders that I was the true Nerevarine. Even the Daedric Prince Azura placed faith in my character to destroy the Blight and restore Morrowind to it’s former glory. I continued. I scavenged for new items, weapons, and armor while facing new challenges and truly exploring the beauty of Morrowind.

(I changed my character’s hair because I didn’t like the last hairstyle. Sorry, I won’t do that again.)
I am getting closer to destiny. Already the Hortator of the three main houses of Morrowind, my character will now prove herself as the Nerevarine and go onto vanquishing the evil of Dagoth Ur!

So yeah, I love Morrowind. It takes a while to truly start enjoying, but the game is REALLY rewarding. I feel like I earned this stuff. All my trials and toils in this game have grown on me so that I can’t help but go back and play MORE Morrowind, because I love that sense of earning. I love working for reward.

7 Likes

Get ready to be wrecked by Dagoth Ur.

3 Likes

OK guys, I did it. I finished all the Nerevarine Trials. It was a lot of hard work (and freaking Hlallu sucked up all my money) but I finally did it.

I also met Vivec so that was pretty cool.

3 Likes

CHIM chimminey chim chimminey chim chim cherie

4 Likes

Well guys, I did it. I defeated the Sixth House and vanquished Dagoth Ur and his quest to use Akulakan to drive out all the n’wahs from Morrowind. Gosh I feel so accomplished.

Gotta say, I really liked Dagoth Ur. His design is incredible, and he’s a very charming villain. I expected his voice to be deep and evil. But he sounds so sophisticated, and is eager to meet his old friend. Even his views on the Tribunal aren’t entirely wrong. But he was still doing evil to accomplish his goals…

And thus I had to destroy them. RIP the Heart of Lhorkan and Akulakan, you won’t be missed. Mostly because you made things worse. Oh and Dagoth Ur was vanquished as well. Kind of a shame TBH, I liked him as a villain.

And hey, Azura! Finally get to meet her in person. That was a really satisfying ending to the main quest. Now I just gotta do a few more things around Vvardenfell and enchant armor and such. Mostly because I hear the DLC is REALLY hard.

But hey I finally beat the main quest. Yay!

3 Likes

How dare you destroy the heart of the dead god Shorr.

3 Likes