The Emoji Movie

So far, so good. :blush:

And, frankly, it doesn’t look like it’s getting any better from here.

15 Likes

/dislikes emoji movie
/uses emoji
:imp:

3 Likes

Since I work at a theater I get free tickets to any shows that aren’t gonna sell out.

Guess what I’m seeing tomorrow :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

7 Likes

I’m a massive hypocrite; it’s what we do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Someone tell me how it ends, the reviews are making me curious.

Let’s hope you make it out with all your teeth, since I feel the cringe is going to be overbearing for you.

6 Likes

pirating this, and that’s only to see just how bad it really is

i wouldn’t even pay a penny for this trash

3 Likes

same.

To be honest, with it drawing story ideas from other successful movies, I can see this working. Granted it would take quite a bit extra not shown in the trailers, which I doubt will happen, but I can see it turning out okay.

Now for the people who keep saying it doesn’t have a message, it has the whole “be who you are” thing going for it, so that’s a thing. A cliche thing, but at least it tries to have a message.

However due to the clear lack of exposition in the trailer, it stops you from understanding why the story happens, who the villian is, amoung other things. With the apparently lack of planning put into that, my hopes that it is done correctly is pretty low.

That is probably the best Critics Consensus they have ever made.

19 Likes

So far it has a 1.7 on IMDb and a Metascore of 9 so I’m a happy man.

5 Likes

Well, that’s great. The Emoji Movie now stands with a 3% on Rotten Tomatoes due to one “Fresh” review compared to 29 “Rotten” reviews. I’m a little bit offended.

12 Likes

audience score is still too high tho

The one fresh review is from Common Sense Media, so…
it isn’t really a review, per se, of the artistic quality of the Emoji Movie, but rather a review of how appropriate the material is.

Common sense doesn’t do real reviews anyways so it isn’t like their opinion, ya know, matters.

6 Likes

Unless we can convince that reviewer to lower it to a 2 out of 5, then the movie will stay ever so slightly over a 0% (at least I think that’s how RT works. Correct me if I’m wrong). But the fact it’s not a 0% anymore annoys me a bit, but it’s still pretty low.

Also, let’s not be tempted to go see it, even as a joke. The movie is at 900k at the box office from what I’ve heard, let’s make sure it gets lower.

what a shock! who would have thought a crappy movie will be such a flop!

3 Likes

So if this movie gets over 100 critic reviews, I do believe that as long as that stays the only fresh review TEM will possibly go down to zero again.

4 Likes

That’s because half of the “good” reviews are trolls. Look through them, it’s hilarious.

6 Likes

They are. Someone just put what appeared to be a Game Theory script in instead of a review.

6 Likes

Get the new Just Dance for iOS and Android today!
Don’t forget about the new Just Dance for iOS and Android!
Buy the new Just Dance right now for iOS and Android!
Spam spam spam spam spam iOS and Android!

My references know no bounds.

me me big boy

2 Likes