The "Favorite Lego Color" Topic

TBH I never really thought of this before.

I guess black because that’s my faveorite colors in general.

Burnt Orange, Metru Blue, Teal, Hot Pink, Keetorange.

The standard red. Large mold pool with lots of pieces to build with. If you are a builder that likes to mix old parts with new, then this is the color for you.

Unpopular opinion, I don’t care for teal. The shapes just don’t exist in enough building systems or scales yet to make it practical for detailed character building. It’s fine as an accent color here and there but it’s pretty hard to use. Working with teal is harder than working with galidor parts.

2 Likes

I would agree, but I think that it is easy to build with as a mechanical undertone or part of a technic based vehicle, although I do see how it would be hard to integrate with, say, CCBS.

Idk, LEGO bringing back Teal has, and will give us more parts to work with.

In addition, there is enough teal in existence in at least the technic building system for practical character building. These, despite parts spam, are good examples.

Imgur

By Red (Migraine | Robotic noises | Redverse | Flickr)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151528047@N08/27627616439/in/dateposted/

By Byokaya (https://www.flickr.com/photos/151528047@N08/27627616439/in/dateposted/)

3 Likes

@Miraku Red is nice because it appears in a lot of character building systems. Throwbots, roboriders, bionicle, galidor, knights’ kingdom II, ben 10, hero factory, minifigure subsystem, homemaker figure subsystem, technic figure subsystem, big fig subsystem, all different shapes and scales you can play with.

@Cocoa Yeah but the only strategy is to parts spam. I agree it that looks good but it doesn’t require any practice or skill to do it. I imagine the process of tediously stacking throwbot arms in sequence wasn’t very fun despite being a competent use of resources. I’m guilty of doing the parts spam too and I don’t enjoy it. Finding new npu solutions is what I like doing. Parts spam is a necessary way to get texture though, I agree. Parts spam is to beats in music what npu is to a guitar solo.

1 Like