The First Resistance (RP topic)

“When should his training start?” Michael asked.

“Now.” Kyran answered.
Rohan blanched.
“W-what?”
Kyran sighed.
“I need to teach you about the different kinds of magic. Come.”

1 Like

A few weeks followed, in which Rohan received his training from Kyran.
In this period of time, due to the distraction of everyone else, not much attention was paid to Jonathan. But something seemed…off about him.

Jonathan clearly was not acting like himself. The surgery he received had enhanced his strength and other natural abilities, but he still seemed more aggressive in his demeanor. He was now actually killing Xir’algath head on, and he did so in a brutal manner.

Agression aside, Jonathan still acted very strangely. He exhibited odd behaviors, and often seemed to be different people at different times. Jonathan often mumbled to himself, and seemed to have full-on conversations when he was actually by himself in an empty room. Needless to say, it was quite troubling.

Now, we once again join this group of heroes, on the last leg of their journey as they sat in the base…

Dr. Zed approached.Surius, Rohan, Kyran and the others.

“Follow me. There is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ that I need to show you.”
@Runa
@meepinater

Surius followed.

Kyran and Rohan followed Dr. Zed.

Dr. Zed cleared his throat.

“Erm, how do I say this?” He asked himself.
“This is about Jobathan.” He then said.
“I’m sure you have noticed his…odd behavior lately.”

“I have been paying attention to more pressing matters.” Surius answers robotically.

1 Like

Kyran nodded.
“Yes. He is… not well. Perhaps he needs to spend some time with that fair young lady he met at the dance…” he mused.

1 Like

“This is something more than just homesickness.” Dr. Zed said grimly.

“Here, take a look.” He pulled up an image of Jonathan’s scanned brain.

“Do you remember how I implanted nanobots in Jonathan’s body? I think I may have…done something wrong in the procedure…”

He then pointed to the clusters of red dots mapped throughout Jonathan’s entire brain.

“The nanobots seemed to have’ malfunctioned’. They were programmed to heal any and all internal wounds within Jonathan’s body. However, I think they may have detected the emotional and mental pain that Jonathan is experiencing and mistook it for a physical wound. Now the nanobots have concentrated together inside his brain.”

Dr. Zed then showed 2 maps of the neurons in Jonathan’s brain. Each map displayed a different circuitry and wiring.
“They’re severing connections between neurons and connecting different ones together. Slowly but surely, the nanobots are rewiring Jonathan’s brain and tampering with the chemistry of his mind. This is the cause of his strange behaviors as of late. Jonathan is slowly losing memories of his past and his grasp on reality. He is becoming more and more mentally unstable with every passing day. He’s becoming…a completely different person.”
@Runa
@meepinater

Kyran looked at the maps.
“Normally, I’d use this as a training exercise for my protege.” he said.
“However, I fear that this will require some expertise.”
He looked up at Dr. Zed. “I can try and reverse the damage. I can teleport the nanobots to a secure location and create a localized time spell to reverse the damage done to his brain. It should work. If not… He will remain as he is.”

“How sure are you that this would be a safe procedure?” Dr. Zed asked.
@meepinater

Kyran tapped his staff on the ground.
“No more safe then whatever you have in mind.”

Dr. Zed nodded. “Well, I guess it’s worth a shot. Come, he’s this way.” he said as he led the others into another room nearby.
@Runa
@meepinater

Kyran followed the doctor into the room.

As they entered the room, Jonathan was solemnly facing the wall, staring into nothingness.

“Oh? You wanted to see me?” Jonathan’s voice suddenly said, in a cold monotone fashion.
@Runa
@meepinater

Surius stayed calm and simply watched.

1 Like

Kyran conjured up a table.
“Lay down, please.”

“…Why?” He asked suspiciously.

Kyran tapped his staff on the ground, magical sparks forming.
“It is of no concern to you. I will tell you when I am finished.”

“No.” Jonathan abruptly said.

“I know what you’re doing: you’re trying to take away my gift, my Sight.” He said, tapping the eye lenses of his mask.
“I can see clearer than I ever have before, and I won’t let you take that!”
@Runa
@meepinater