The History Discussion Topic

Nero’s Legacy, as I remember it from history class.

Yep. That’s basically Nero. He burns a city, endangers lives, and then blames it on the Christians. People say he was stricken with insanity.

Man, so many Roman Emperors with insanity!

1 Like

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

2 Likes

Yes… Just as with the case of Julius Caesar.

Decided to become a tyrant and his own senators and friends killed him.

1 Like

I have memorized the first bunch of emperors from History:

Octavian Augustus
Tiberius
Caligula
Claudius
Nero
Galba
Otho
Vitellius
Vespasian
Titus
Domitian
Nerva
Trajan
Hadrian
Antonius Pius
Marcus Aurelius
Commodus

I memorized all 44 Presidents of the United States.

I won’t list them, because it’ll take way to long to type. :confused:

1 Like

I love history. I think I’m most fascinated by the World Wars and the Crusades.

@Helryx08 Don’t forget Constantine, who arguably began both the empire’s decline and the dominance of Christianity throughout much of history. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is he next in the order? I thought he came later.

I was just listing the ones I knew in order.

Oh, yeah, sorry, Constantine was very late, though he is one of the most important.

1 Like

No, no, Nero wasn’t insane, he was just creative :stuck_out_tongue:

His last words went something like how the world was losing an artist.

He also reunited the empire, which is a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Anyone here read the book 1066 and All That?

If you haven’t, then do. It’s a wonderfully funny British History.

I haven’t read it, but from the date is it about the Norman invasion of England?

Yup. One of “two real dates” in the book.

I’ve loved history for as long as I can remember. The main topic I’ve always been fascinated with is military history.

I am especially big on the World Wars in the sense of all the specific details surrounding the battles (the weapons/technology used, the strategies implemented and the characteristic traits of the commanding officers); as well as how the two wars have ties to each other, the Great Depression and the regimes that rose and fell in that time period.

Time to revive this topic.

Does anyone remember seeing some of those black-and-white videos in history class about WWII and stuff? I loved watching them. It’s always interesting to see video on this stuff.

1 Like

Yup. I remember those. I was shocked to see how many of my classmates didn’t care about history.

2 Likes

This week in history, I’ve reached the Civil Rights movement. So next weekend my family is headed to Alabama to visit all the memorials there.

3 Likes

I’M GOING TO NATIONALS IN THE HISTORY BEE!!!
Yay!!
I got a lot of social injustice questions that I got right, which made me happy.

4 Likes

Cool! What kinda stuff did you cover?

…Other than the social injustice stuff.

3 Likes

In states?
It was random stuff.
As I said, I got a bunch of social injustice questions.
I also got one about Communism.
There was also one about ancient South/Central American cultures, in which six out of ten people answered, and I finally got it right. (I don’t think I’m allowed to say the actual question, because there’s a law or something)