The Kirby Topic (Nintendo)

PM 13 is named after Slime still trying to beat the True Arena
I came up with the name

1 Like

Well, now that I’ve had some time to practice it, I think triple deluxe’s TA is harder (mainly because each boss takes 8 years to defeat in that one). Star Dream Soul OS and Haltmann 2.0 are still freakin tough though.

Whip is such an underrated ability. It’s really strong, especially the dash attack.

ESP, Doctor, and Jet are good too

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t remember TD’s True Arena giving me this much trouble. True, it takes longer, but provided you know what you’re doing, it isn’t that hard.

Really? IMO, he’s easy enough provided you can beat him quickly enough.

Also, status update:
I tried Poison, got all the way to the final boss on my first run. IDK if that’s because it’s really good, or if I already know the bosses pretty well. :laughing:

All in all though, I’ve really enjoyed this game so far. Like, it’s honestly in my top 5 Kirby games right now.

2 Likes

Exactly why I don’t like it. Every boss sits in the background or out of reach for so long. Especially Pyribbit.

When I try to speedrun it, I get too greedy with my attacks and get clumsy. None of the abilities in TD were that strong either

I still think Shadow Dedede and Dark MK are super tough.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I hate that part of modern Kirby games. Every single boss battle has to have like 11 cut scenes, especially the first and last bosses. Like, Clanky Woods is honestly one of my least favorite bosses in Robobot’s TA, simply because you can’t hit him 50% of the time.

I guess they had to make up for the 20 years of him being an immovable tree. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, I think any form of Dedede and Meta Knight are pretty tough. They both move unpredictably, so it’s hard to react.

I still think SSU’s TA was my favorite though. So many bosses, with such variety.

And that final boss…he literally took me 45 minutes ALONE to beat.

2 Likes

I still think Whispy is the best Woods.

2 Likes

So, I’ve been getting pretty interested in the Kirby series lately. I only have two games right now (Super Star and Planet Robobot), and I’ll probably get Triple Deluxe soon. And, OH MY GOD THE MUSIC:

3 Likes

I finally got planet robobot, I think this is the game that will get me back into gaming, it’s just so fun.
I mean, it’s clearly triple deluxe 2, but that’s exactly what I wanted.

3 Likes

I like to think of it as “Triple Deluxe done right”

4 Likes

Kirby Clash Deluxe is sooooo much fun

I just wish it didn’t have so many in-game purchases.

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s honestly really fun, and has a ton of content for a F2P.

I disagree. Everything in the game can be obtaining without paying. It just takes a reeeeeeeeeally long time, and a lot of grinding. So far, I’m at level 21, and I’ve only spent maybe $0.89, which was just to give me a bit of a boost. I actually prefer that stuff isn’t super easy to get. It incentives playing more, and makes getting a new set of armor or a new weapon feel really awesome.

1 Like

Well, the thing is, if you run out of apples, and there’s no more heroic quests, what are you supposed to do? Wait days to get your apples back? The game pretty much forces you into spending money to play the game at a consistent rate. Don’t even get me started on the vigor bar… it’s a neat idea, but it’s not executed well at all.

That is what I’ve done for the past few days, yes.

If you want to play for more than 10 minutes at a time, then sure. But TKCD isn’t the sort of game where you need to continue playing for hours on end. You can easily pick it up, then put it down and wait for a recharge. Battles take less than a few minutes, and you can usually get around 3-4 battles in per vigor splurge.

I think it’s executed incredibly well. Again, this isn’t the sort of game where you need to play for hours upon hours. The vigor bar makes it so you can’t sweep through the game all at once, which is something I feel should be commended.

Let’s consider the alternative for Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. Let’s imagine that it wasn’t a F2P; that instead, it was $8.99 or something. There would be no need for a vigor bar, so the game goes by very quickly. Gem apples would either be very easy to obtain or done away with entirely. Armor upgrades could be obtained incredibly easily. What you’re left with is a slightly longer version of Robobot’s subgame, akin to Dedede’s Drum Dash Deluxe. This, in my opinion, would be a travesty. I bought DDDD, and it was incredibly underwhelming. It didn’t feel like a fully fleshed out game; just the same thing from Triple Deluxe with some new songs. I loved the original, but DDDD felt like I was spending 1/4 price of a good game for 1/35 of it’s content.

If TKCD had done this, it would have been a game that you could clear in maybe an hour or two. A waste of money, in my opinion. The way it is now, it forces you to play the game over a longer period of time. Plus, you’re only spending money when you want to, so you’re not wasting any money.

Even though I’ve barely been able to play this game for more than 30 minutes at a time, I’ve still been having a blast with this game, and I wouldn’t want to play for more than 30 minutes at a time. Not for a small game like this. For a full $40 game, sure. But for a slightly larger subgame? No.

1 Like

Well, I don’t think it’s necessarily a terrible thing that the game makes you take long breaks if you don’t want to pay money. But I don’t think that everyone should be forced into playing the game a certain way. Maybe some people like running through a game as fast as possible the first time, and then replaying it at a more leisurely pace. And with all this waiting and micro-transactions, the replayability is diminished anyways.

It’s just that I think the option for either playstyle should be there.

1 Like

I guess that’s fair. I just feel that the quality is higher than it would be in a regular Kirby Deluxe game, and that stems from its F2P nature.

I’d argue that getting Platinum Medals for every battle adds enough replayability. Once you get to a certain point, vigor matters less, and if you time it right, you can refresh your vigor by leveling up.

Regardless, I think we can both agree that the game is wicked fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

In unrelated news, I recently came across Jonny Atma’s and Edobean’s cover of the 02 boss theme:

I haven’t been able to stop listening to it
help

3 Likes

this topic exists

yes

###yes

#Y E S ! ! !

Being one of the younger people here, I played Kirby Super Star Ultra a TON as a kid. I drew a lot of pictures of my own reincarnations of Marx, too. I’m not ashamed to say that I have a Kirby plush in my room at all times, and I still bring him for sleepovers. Kirby is still my favorite video game characters to this day!

I guess I have an unpopular opinion, but I actually love Kirby Right Back At Ya. I watched it so many times that even now, my dad can do a perfect Escargoon impression.

The music is one of the best parts. It is phenomenal .
This mix is probably one of the best things I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

Nothing to be ashamed of. SSU is hands-down one of the best titles in the series.

HAHA NERD
*looks over at own Kirby plush

I was binging the series last summer, and I kinda like it too. It’s cheesy, it’s silly, and it doesn’t make a ton of sense, but it adapts the Kirby universe in a way that I find incredibly interesting.

And I mean c’mon. How can you not love Dedede and Escargoon?

Kirby does have quite a lot of great music, and DJtheS does some good mixes. This one right here is one of my favorites:

Bumper Crop Bump’s music is woefully underrepresented, and I thought it was cool to mix with these other similar tracks.

2 Likes

I’m surprised I’m not the only one here who listens to DJtheS. Neat.
I haven’t seen Kirby Right Back At Ya! in a while.

2 Likes

DJtheS is great.

I really hope Hal’s next big kirby game is for Switch.[quote=“Political_Slime, post:58, topic:12583”]
HAHA NERD
looks over at own Kirby plush
[/quote]

pshhhh children
notices he has multiple kirby plushes and a wadle dee sitting in his room.

3 Likes

A freind of mine was fond of the Kirby series.

I too can feel it’s charm…

Sadly I only ever played the little fluff ball in SSB.

Still… THat game where he gets a mech.
I don’ need it…

2 Likes