The Kirby Topic (Nintendo)

I WOULD LOVE THIS YES HAL MAKE THIS HAPPEN RIGHT NOW

6 Likes

Dedede would be one of the last bosses. I just need to commission someone to make a tribal remix of King Dedede’s theme.
Plus the Wheelies would look like the first stone wheels.

3 Likes

So we got a bit more information about the new Kirby games coming next year in the recent Nintendo Direct.

First up, we have the announcement of Kirby: Battle Royale on the 3DS. We knew that we were getting another 3DS Kirby thing, but I honestly didn’t expect it to be a full game. When I first saw this, I was a bit confused and didn’t quite get what made it different from Kirby Fighters Deluxe. Then, as I was rewatching it later, I came to a sudden realization.

#IT’S IN 3D

We’ve never had a mostly fully 3D Kirby game with powers before, and it seems like each ability retains their core ideas while still working in 3D. This is something I’ve been waiting for a very long time. Blowout Blast was a step in the right direction, but I personally don’t think it went far enough. This game is, I think, a potential stepping stone for a full 3D Kirby platformer in the future, which I would be astoundingly okay with.

But yeah, Battle Royale seems pretty neat. I like that there’s multiple modes, and both online and local capabilities. I’ll probably pick this up when it comes out.

next up
we GOT KIRBY FOR SWITCH

except NOW ITS CALLED KIRBY: STAR ALLIES

I honestly like the name. I feel that this game among all games focuses most heavily on co-op, so it’s good to see that in the name.

We’ve got three powers returning: Tornado, PSI, and
#YO-YO

remember a few months ago when i said

YEAH THIS GAME IS THE BEST
HANDS DOWN
THIS COULD NOT GET ANY BETTER

#I LIED IT GOT BETTER

also shoutout to dedede getting possessed yet again

Overall, I’m excited to see the direction that Kirby is taking in these upcoming games. I think TD and Robobot were good, but their flaws were not straying from the path. Both of these titles show that HAL is willing to experiment a bit, and continue to create games that are fun.

In other news, go vote for Yo-Yo your favorite copy ability, and it might make an appearance in Battle Royale!

http://kirby.nintendo.com/battle-royale/#kirby-25th

6 Likes

Buff Dedede is the version I didn’t know I wanted.

5 Likes

Dededelicious

Edit
I actually just convinced my piano teacher to play kirby. Like the games, im already playing the songs

3 Likes

that is amazing

how did that come about?

2 Likes

Well I told her I wanted to play some songs from kirby. She gave me the sheet music and she asked me what was going on when these songs play in the series. I told her all about it and she thought it was right up her alley.

She’ll probably get Star Allies because her husband bought a Switch

If you are curious im playing Gourmet Race and the Haunted Mansion theme from Triple Deluxe

3 Likes

huh
out of curiosity, how old is she?

both good songs
your next step should be dededes theme

2 Likes

She is probably in her early to mid twenties.
I was curious about playing dedede’s theme, so I tried playing it in my free time, but dang is it hard

2 Likes

It’s Dedededifficult.

3 Likes

ever seen some of the old Kirby commercials?

4 Likes

I’m getting some Crystal Shards vibe going.

1 Like

dude we’re only 2 months away IM SO HYPED

1 Like

The backgrounds in this game compared to the 3ds games and Return to Dreamland seem kinda bland. Those previous games had all kinds of 3d objects in the background while in the new game its mostly just a background image.

I hope that is just because of the footage chosen.

I’m super hyped for this game.

Not sure I agree. Star Allies has loads of stuff going on in its background, it’s just not in the camera’s focus.

For example, Star Allies:

RTDL:

Star Allies’ background goes much further back. The difference is that it also has a cinematic flair to it.

1 Like

but compared to the 3ds games it kinda looks like a downgrade

I’m sure its a case of the trailers having shown very little.

Texture wise this game is a HUGE upgrade. just look at meta knight.

i think it’s more of a case of the separate planes of background and foreground being done away with.

1 Like

I’ve only played Squeak Squad, Canvas Curse, and Epic Yarn. But I really liked them.

2 Likes

60 fps menus

I wouldn’t be surprised if the final game has a 720p60fps mode like other switch games.

1 Like

[details=brief Star Allies review (spoiler free)]so i just finished the main story mode of star allies

first, a few issues

• pretty short. took me about ~6 hours. par for the course for kirby games, but i was hoping for something a little more substantial. (to note: i didn’t actually 100% the story mode; there are still a few collectables and bonus levels i need to beat)

• the framerate and resolution aint great. i played in handheld, so idk what it looks like on tv. in handheld, its 720p. that’s fine enough i guess. but the framerate hovered from 25 to 30 fps (exceot strangely in the endgames, where it was 60). normally im not the type of guy to count frames, but it just felt like it was lacking a bit if polish to show off the beauty of the game

• TOO. MANY. LIVES. I ended up dying a grand total of 3 times, but each level would grant me like 6 lives. it’s a bit ridiculous when you have 98 lives at the end of the game

now for some good things

• the final boss. HOO BOY THE FINAL BOSS. I honestly didn’t think anything could top Robobot’s final boss, but this one does it. the design looks like it belongs in majora’s mask, and the gameplay is unique and fresh for a kirby game. it was also surprisingly difficult. I didn’t die, but I had about 2 HP left by the end of it. I’m sure the boss rush version will be even harder.

• the overworld. it doesnt seem like such a huge deal to have an open overworld, but it is. it grounds you so much, and makes it feel like the levels exist in a world rather than a void behind a door. it’s especially cool once you get to later levels. gives a real sense of progression.

there’s other stuff, but i think i’ll save that for a full review once i 100% the game and get a full opinion. overall, i’d speak very positively about star allies. it’s not the best kirby game out there, and it’s not as redefining as odyssey or botw. but it is a good game, and thats good enough for me.

[/details]

3 Likes