The Last Resistance (Earth)

The zombie fell, incapacitated by Jeff and Marissa’s attacks.

“What the hell was that?” Justin said.
Suddenly, a horde of about 20 zombies cambered out of the ruins and headed towards the group.

Jeff wrapped back up his hook and put it away. “Seems like this won’t be enough.” He said.

The zombies began to overwhelm them. Suddenly, they were all sniped and fell to the ground. A group of military soldiers appeared. “Look’s like we came just in time. You alright?” One of the soldiers asked.

OOC: After zero fighting.

IC: Marissa shrugged. “Not a particular fan of other people ending my fights, but I’ll live. How about you? Any problems you want to get off your chest?”

OOC: I meant that the zombies overwhelmed in terms of numbers.

IC:

“Well, not much besides the fact that the Earth is now a barren wasteland.” The soldier said sarcastically. “We’ve been rescuing stranded civilians. We thought there were no more left, but I guess we were wrong. Where have you three been this whole time?”

“Oh, around,” she says with a shrug, gesturing to the wasteland beyond.

"Do good luck with that. You won’t last much longer out here on your own. You’d fare better if you guys came with us."He replied.

“How do we know we can trust you?” Jeff asks.

“Because we’re not one of them.” Said a voice. The crowd of soldiers parted as a large man with a scar on his left cheek stepped forward. “We love our planet, and want it back just as much as the rest of you.” He said.
“We don’t have much time to ‘conquer the world’, or whatever it is you think we’re gonna do. We won’t even have a world if we don’t stop this threat.” The large soldier looked to the side. “Of course, it would be easier for us anyways if you guys didn’t come along. We wouldn’t be wasting as much resources.” The soldier then turned back to face them. “The choice is yours.”

Jeff thought for a moment. He turned to the other two. “What do you guys think?”

Justin bit his lip, contemplating the options. “It seems like our only shot. I say we go with them.”

Marissa shrugs. “Worst comes to worst, we kill them.”

“Then it’s settled.” Justin turned to the soldiers. “We’re in.”
“Good choice.” Said the large man.
“Now follow us. We’re currently on a mission.” He handed a gun to Justin. “'Here, kid. you’ll need this if you’re gonna survive out here.” Justin took the gun, a conflicted look on his face, as if the gun turned up some nasty memories. “I’ve only used a gun once before…” He mumbled.

@Runa
“So, where did you come from? What’s with the weird abilities?” One of the soldiers asked Jeff as they walked along .

“I am from Weyard, and the abilities you speak of are called Psynergy, which is a way of harnessing Alchemy. The specific type I am able to use is Venus Psynergy, which is attuned to the earth and the plants.”

The soldier nodded along, pretending to understand what Jeff was talking about.

He then turned to Marissa. “And what about you?”

“I’m special,” Marissa declares with no particular enthusiasm. “Some of us can roll our tongues, and some of us shoot heat rays.”

“Alright, then…” the soldier finally turned to Justin. “Do you at least have a backstory that isn’t vague or confusing?” He asked. “Well basically, I discovered that I had a magical amulet, had to go on a quest, and…” he looked down. “And I let my friends down. I thought what i did was for the greater good, but… im not so sure anymore.”

@Runa
“Anyways, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Even us meeting.” Justin said to Jeff and Marissa.

Jeff nodded. “And from what I see, that reason might be to do whatever we can to recover…this.” He gestures to the landscape.

Justin nodded to Jeff’s statement. Eventually, they arrived at a military fort. “come on in.” A soldier said, opening the door for Justin,Marissa and Jeff.

Jeff walked in, looking around.